PDA

View Full Version : what cables

tomtyron
28-02-2008, 07:48
hi all. i am a complete newcomer to these forums so please bear with me. at home i have cable tv, broadband and phone. i want to move things around in my home .my question can you have one cable to one socket to provide all these sevices. if not what permutations have i got. maybe this should have gone in the installations folder sorry

jamiefrost
28-02-2008, 09:00
Think I know what you are asking,

As far as my installation goes and I think this is true for all of them, the telephone comes in on box with a normal telephone socket. The TV and broadband have a seperate box with a co-ax connector. This is then split to provide services for the TV and broadband.

HTH

JJ

tomtyron
29-02-2008, 08:39
thanks jamie for the reply. i possibly did not explain very good. the socket for a tv and broadband are the same are they not. does this mean i can plug either a tv in this socket or a broadband modem and they will work . if so can i get a splitter and then have both tv and broadband, and they will work at the same time. if so does this have any effect on the speed of the broadband. thanks

Mikey845
29-02-2008, 09:05
your spot on and as far as I know it doesn't effect anything or at least it doesn't effect my connection.