PDA

View Full Version : - Replace The Drop? -

Hiroki
27-02-2008, 22:03
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I phoned up Virgin about a week ago about my low modem signal and the fact that on demand didn't work (the modem light kept flashing on the box) and I got told that my line was connected to the box/terminal (or something similar) at the other end of the estate instead of the one outside my front door. The bloke said it was probably done when the original line was put in as often fitters done that as a joke (haha :rolleyes:) anyway he said he would come back in a day or so to replace the drop.....now im not sure what that means so could anyone help me please?

Thanks

Lee

Graham M
27-02-2008, 22:18
Sounds like they want to replace the Coaxial between your house and the box, maybe move it into the closer box if the conduit permits.

Hiroki
27-02-2008, 23:22
Ah thanks for the explination.

That should make my signal stronger and let me access ondemand and such right??

Is it a big job?

Thanks again for the answer :)

Quam256
28-02-2008, 06:37
If the new cable is connected to the cab outside your house it should clear up any problems that you have with signal levels.If they cannot connect it to the one outside the other option they have is put in a thicker cable from the cab you are connected to now (if you do not already have it)as this would help the levels .
Average of 2 hours to do .

Hiroki
28-02-2008, 20:40
Ah thanks for the information, I was worried because it sounded like a big job and I didn’t know if I needed to stay off work but it sounds like something the girlfriend can handle on her own ;)

Thanks again for the replies :)