PDA

View Full Version : STB to Modem

DiGi
27-02-2008, 18:30
Hi hope this is in the right place rang up last friday to get a modem to replace my STB connection, it arrived today and is supposed to be a quick install pack and no installer needed as discussed on the phone but because it arrived early I went to work, when I got home I found a note from a installer to call him will I get charged for not being in ??

My second question is I also had a letter with new pin and was told on the phone its a seperate DD / Account ect but will I loose my current webspace and email accounts any help before i go ahead setting it up will be apprecited as I might delay it if im going to loose my current accounts.

Regards

DiGi

Graham M
27-02-2008, 18:56
They can move the email accounts over, speak to Tech support once you are setup, as for web space, I'm not sure, you will certainly get a new address

DiGi
27-02-2008, 20:26
Thanks for the reply i presume they will send a hit to cut off the stb then another to activate the modem ?

and when you say talk to tech support should i go as far as putting the pin and setting up the account or talk to them about the email account transfer first ?

Regards

DiGi

JenJen
06-03-2008, 19:55
You need to register the modem first using the pin,: registration web address: http://activation.virginmedia.com
Then request they xfer your email accounts over.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Also, you wont get charged as the idea is to install it yourself.
call 0800 073 1685 if you have problems installing the modem.