PDA

View Full Version : VM ADSL Package for gaming?

smeagoly1
27-02-2008, 09:18
Hi all

Due to unforseen events, I.e having to move house but still got 10 months of a VM XL contract to pay.

I was wondering, I will have to take out the Virgin ADSL package and BT line in my new flat, as cable is not installed in the street.

I know there are a lot of issues regarding speeds etc on various threads.

But finances as they are "can't afford 240 squid to get out of the current deal" I would like to know which one of the VM's ADSL deals is better for gaming.

I hardly download these days, so high speeds are not an issue, but casual surfing and gaming are the priority.

Any positive experiences? and what adsl speed package are you on.

Regards
smee

colmm
27-02-2008, 10:31
Hi,

I have optical cable, works sweet on 4mb.

Just my freind opened a POSTOFFICE broadband, can only have for 30 days contract. To test the quality of the line, when it worked ok 5mb he then got virgin 12 month contact, also got a PVR box with comparing it to SKY offer, Virgin will always want your business and do anything for it.

Just a note anyhow.

C

webcrawler2050
27-02-2008, 10:58
I used to have BT ADSL with the BT Home Hub and regulary played on live with my 360 - however, it wasnt very good at all, the BT hub randomly dropped connection and had small outages for up to 15 minutes here and there.

DSL Works just great for me, great speed - great uptime. Just shows you pay the little xtra and get a far superior service from VM