PDA

View Full Version : "On the brink...in what games consoles are capable of"

NEONKNIGHT
25-02-2008, 07:35
Now this has really got me wondering. Taken from an interview with Sony's Phil Harrison, head of worldwide studios.

So what else was I shown? Well, I was shown a trailer for a game not due out till 2009 but was sworn to absolute secrecy. Apparently, Sony just wanted to give a glimpse of what the console will be capable of.

In fact, the game is such a secret that when I mentioned the game to Phil Harrison last week he was unsure at first whether even to admit the title existed. When I explained I had been shown it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement terms he looked relieved.

I don't mean to be a tease - all I can say is that I was left speechless.
If the footage I was shown truly is "in game", as told to me by the Sony PR people, then we could be on the brink of a step change in what games consoles are capable of in terms of story-telling and immersion.

And there I'll leave it. Feel free to speculate on what I was shown. I cannot, of course, confirm or deny what it was....

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/02/playstation_bounces_back.html

Now what could it be? Any speculation/rumours anyone?

icestar2
26-02-2008, 16:37
Hmmm does sound intresting but I dont really have a good idea's myself - hmmmm I do have one small idea though it could be Quantic Dream's new project ? Heavy rain ? I remember that in Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) they made similar claims about storey-telling and immersion and still to this day its one of the best games I have played Ever !

I know there working on new levels of motion capture adding things like crying in real time etc etc. Also the early tech demo for Heavy Rain made every1 sit up and be amazed then they released the video of moving eyes. I think this could be the project that there hinting at. Any1 else ?

http://www.quanticdream.com/

Halcyon
26-02-2008, 17:26
Quick....give me my time travel pod now so I can go and check this out..... Seems cool whatever it may be.

Cerberus
26-02-2008, 17:46
There are a number of rumours as to what it could be, with Heavy Rain being heavily spoken about by most PS3 users who have read the above article.

As posted on NTHW, there are currently 20 titles in top secret development.

Other than Heavy Rain, The Getaway 3 has been heavily tipped as being this top secret title.

Other news suggest Motorstorm 2 and Resistance:FoM 2 out this Christmas.

There is currently a book running on it at NTHW!

Guess we will just have to wait and see. ;)

shawty
26-02-2008, 18:36
Could be God of War 3, but then again most of these titles we are mentioning are not really secret as such.

NEONKNIGHT
26-02-2008, 20:45
Quick....give me my time travel pod now so I can go and check this out..... Seems cool whatever it may be.

Yeah, and don't forget a copy of the winning lottery numbers while you're at it..:D

punky
04-03-2008, 10:18
Moved to PS3 section

Tod
04-03-2008, 10:42
Could be God of War 3, but then again most of these titles we are mentioning are not really secret as such.

I hope so. God of War 3 is going to be awesome I'm sure.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is a first person shooter though like Killzone or SOCOM