PDA

View Full Version : Virgine phone

Nicosia
22-02-2008, 20:46
I have bought a phone with a pay as you go virgin card while on holiday in uk and now i am back home i have tried to change the sim card back to my country's sim card, but the phone is "locked" the VM people say they can send me a code to unlock it free if i have spent over £30 on top up cards which i have not or had the phone before jan 2001 , which i also have not which means i am stuck with a phone and no way to use it, is there anyway i can unlock my nokia another way or obtain these codes another way?

i dont understand why VM feel the need to lock the phones that come with their sim cards, i was adviced to go with vodafone but went with virgin anyway.. bad mistake.. =/:confused:

WHISTLED
22-02-2008, 20:56
Why a mistake? All the networks lock their phones.

dilli-theclaw
22-02-2008, 21:01
Why a mistake? All the networks lock their phones.HHHmmm Phones I've had from O2 haven't been locked.

Anyway for the OP - you should take your phone to the local market I bet there'll be a stall that can unlock your phone for under a tenner.

WHISTLED
22-02-2008, 21:03
HHHmmm Phones I've had from O2 haven't been locked. I was originally with O2 and mine weren't but that was a long time ago, My ex's is 02 and is locked.

dilli-theclaw
22-02-2008, 21:05
Good stuff. The two handsets I have here (At my dad's) that are on o2 are not locked, anyway maybe he just got lucky.

Nicosia
22-02-2008, 21:05
my friend has vodafone and has no problems...

Hugh
22-02-2008, 23:26
Carphone Warehouse sell phones by airtime provider (O2, Voda, etc) but they are not locked; if you buy them direct from O2 they tend to be.

thanosp
24-05-2008, 11:23
Hello everyone. I have gathered some quids as the upgrade allowance offered by VM and I would like to buy a PAYG Virgin phone. Are they unlocked? Can I use it with another SIM ? Thank you :)