PDA

View Full Version : Virgin upgrade to 10mb Gloucester area any idea when ?

Locky33
21-02-2008, 22:45
I cant see Gloucester on the list on virgin media homepage on the www.virginmedia.com/evenfaster Anybody got any ideas when Gloucester will get this upgrade. :)

AbyssUnderground
21-02-2008, 22:49
There is a link discussing the 10Mbps upgrade here:
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33627793-virgin-4mb-upgrade-10mb-february-summer.html

No need for yet another new topic about it...

TehTech
22-02-2008, 09:01
I cant see Gloucester on the list on virgin media homepage on the www.virginmedia.com/evenfaster Anybody got any ideas when Gloucester will get this upgrade. :)

God, cant you just sit tight & wait like other people??

If you are thinking you will get a big speed increase, then sadly you are very illusioned, as you probably wont notice the speed increase!

Just sit at your computer rebooting your modem every hour, at least it will stop you sounding like a 10Mb upgrade is the ONLY important thing in your life, go outside & smell the fresh air!

Hybrid Alien
22-02-2008, 09:14
My friend said i wouldnt notice a difference if i upgrade from 2mb to 4mb but BOY i notice a difference!

I think id notice if i was upgraded to 10mb as ive never ever been on a fast service in the past

I think if they were just upgrading the L package it would be done faster but there farting around upgrading people to 50 mb and thats more technical so that could be the cause for the slowness

AbyssUnderground
22-02-2008, 09:51
My friend said i wouldnt notice a difference if i upgrade from 2mb to 4mb but BOY i notice a difference!

I think id notice if i was upgraded to 10mb as ive never ever been on a fast service in the past

I think if they were just upgrading the L package it would be done faster but there farting around upgrading people to 50 mb and thats more technical so that could be the cause for the slowness

Its been said once, it will be said again...

50Mbps is NOT an upgrade, it is a NEW TIER

The roll out is taking so long because if they put everyone onto 10Mbps in one go the network would grind to a halt as everyone tests out their new super high speed broadband. Doing it area by area at least attempts to avoid this.

Locky33
22-02-2008, 10:08
God, cant you just sit tight & wait like other people??

If you are thinking you will get a big speed increase, then sadly you are very illusioned, as you probably wont notice the speed increase!

Just sit at your computer rebooting your modem every hour, at least it will stop you sounding like a 10Mb upgrade is the ONLY important thing in your life, go outside & smell the fresh air!

Yes i will notice the speed increase we get no problems with internet speed here. Only probs people get around here is with BT service. The important things in my life are my wife and children i see enough of computers at work. Dont assume (ass-u -me) it makes an ass out of u and me.