PDA

View Full Version : advice on best isp deal

maddyp
21-02-2008, 20:36
my friend does not have internet and has her phone with the post office. She has just got a pc and want to get advice on the best deal. she doesnt have sky and doesn;t have cable tv.

so far she has prices for tiscalli, with free calls and virgin media with free calls
any advice as im useless at price comparisions

thanks xx

Joxer
21-02-2008, 21:00
If your friend can't get cable (as distinct from doesn't have) it might be better posting in the "other ISPs discussion" elswhere on this forum.

Though having done support on cable and adsl I would go with cable if it's available.

maddyp
22-02-2008, 00:37
i think she can get cable, just has n't because of money. I did say to her that she should look at something were she will get tv, phone and free internet as best value for her and the kids as now she has a pc nd is going to get internet she should make use of the money and get as much as possible..

Matthew
22-02-2008, 00:50
I recommend PlusNet (http://www.plus.net/myreferrals/new.html?w645oK3%2FCguHYxTpF%2BrJmTKnQdzftfbPd%2Fs NFSA01Zg%3D). Never had a problem with them.

mercyground
22-02-2008, 05:18
avoid tiscali like the plague.

Its getting ugly over there. Slow speeds, booting you off, extremely poor CS.

Getting somewhat of a slating in press too.

xspeedyx
22-02-2008, 09:48
It all depends on what speed she wants or weather or not she can get cable or just adsl.

For speeds I would say virgin media

for low costs and caps I would say adsl