PDA

View Full Version : Volume Control on V+ Remote

lee767
21-02-2008, 19:54
Hi All. Just had my HD box fitted and all went well and I am very pleased with the results. One slight problem however. After the eng had left and I was trying things out I noticed that the only way I could increase the volume of the TV was via the TVs remote. The volume control on the remote for the V+ box does not seem to have any effect on increasing or decreasing the volume. Is this correct or is there a setting that needs to be "ticked" in order for it to work. It means I have to switch remotes to control the volume. Surely this can't be right. Thanks for any info. Lee

nopcode
21-02-2008, 20:31
You need to setup the box with the correct code for your TV

Goto Home on the V+ box then help and info

The bottom option in there will guide you through it.

Regards.

Jonnymeg
21-02-2008, 20:32
The volume control is set to operate the volume of the V+ box itself and not the TV. However it does bugger all if you are connected by HDMI.

Set it to control your tv as suggested by the previous poster.

lee767
23-02-2008, 08:43
Thanks for the replies. My TV is a spanking new Samsung 37" and as advised I have tried all the 4 figure numbers that come up as codes for the Samsung but it's a no go. I see on re reading the advice, that if you are connected to HDMI then the volume control on the V+ remote does not work. What a bummer. I'm back to two remotes now. I don't suppose there is any other work round. Cheers all, thanks for your help. Lee

spiderplant
23-02-2008, 09:18
Have you tried 0079 and 0145?

lee767
23-02-2008, 09:26
Thanks Spiderplant I'll give it a go. Rgds. Lee

lee767
23-02-2008, 16:55
Hi Spiderplant. Just to let you know, 0079 worked a treat. Many thanks for your help. Le

vaughanster
18-03-2008, 21:09
anybody got any more codes for lg32b75 cheers as above remote not working :confused::confused::confused:

roughbeast
20-07-2008, 13:13
It seems I am reviving this thread started by Lee way back in March 2008. However I have his problem, but in reverse. I had no problem converting my remote to control the HDTV volume in HDMI mode. Since then I have decided I do not want to use the TV speakers, but want to control volume through the Virgin Box again and run my sound through my HI Fi. Sound works just fine through my Hi Fi but I can't get the Virgin remote to control the virgin box volume again. At the moment I am having to control volume through the HiFi remote.

I have disabled control of the Samsung LCD HDTV by using code 0078, However control has not returned to the Virgin Box. Virgin help line gave me codes 0078, 0079, 0080, 0082 to regain default settings but this hasn't worked. Any ideas?

spiderplant
20-07-2008, 13:36
If you have a black remote, the default code is 0683. But it doesn't work if the V+ is in HDMI mode.

Silver remotes can't control the V+ volume at all.

ps Welcome to the forum!

roughbeast
20-07-2008, 14:27
Thanks for that. The code you gave me worked in that I got control back, but, as you said, only in non-HDMI mode. So, is there a way of using non-HDTV remote volume control? Will the Virgin remote not work in HDMI mode if I want to use external sound systems?

spiderplant
20-07-2008, 14:53
No, it's not possible.

leviine
04-01-2010, 22:13
Hi, Can anyone out there help me. Just recently had Virgin V+ box installed (they forgot hmdi cables so had to wait two weeks before fitting) now no volume control through the V+ remote. Have tried all combinations of codes - none work. I have a Toshiba WLT 66 and called Toshiba to see if they had codes. All codes apparently are done by Virgin who say the TV set may not be compatable. Any help appreciated and thanks

roughbeast
05-01-2010, 06:14
It's a while since I configured my remote for volume control. If I remember rightly the remote was automatically configured to the V Box.

However I opted to configure the remote to my TV instead and leave the V Box on a fixed volume. In the end that is all you need. Volume control in one place.

Please note though. Once you configure your remote to the TV you can't reverse the process.

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/01/78.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

spiderplant
05-01-2010, 14:19
Please note though. Once you configure your remote to the TV you can't reverse the process.
You can with most of the remotes, by using code 0683 or 000. It's only on the most recent 'fat' V+ remotes that you can't.

roughbeast
05-01-2010, 17:05
You can with most of the remotes, by using code 0683 or 000. It's only on the most recent 'fat' V+ remotes that you can't.

Sorry I thought it was the 'fat' variety he had. As you can see that is all I have experience of.

Really all I need is to change volume on my TV, with it's extension speakers. I let the HD Box take care of itself.

windy
16-03-2010, 01:09
Ive just had virgin installed yesturday with the new samsung v+box not the atlantic one the other new samsung one any way i need the code for the volume for a toshiba tv and the remote looks nothing like the ones on the help page on the tv.Its the new long thin remote.HELP.:D

Digital Fanatic
16-03-2010, 12:36
Ive just had virgin installed yesturday with the new samsung v+box not the atlantic one the other new samsung one any way i need the code for the volume for a toshiba tv and the remote looks nothing like the ones on the help page on the tv.Its the new long thin remote.HELP.:D

Just follow the instructions for the V+ remote (ignore the picture). just make sure it is a black or silver V+ pic

ferritt
18-03-2010, 16:43
Just had my V+ installed and Just cant get my v+ remote to connect with my samsung plasma. tried all the codes on the help page. Following the instructions. after i've entered the 3 digit code the green light flashes again but still no volume control?

any ideas

Digital Fanatic
19-03-2010, 10:15
Just had my V+ installed and Just cant get my v+ remote to connect with my samsung plasma. tried all the codes on the help page. Following the instructions. after i've entered the 3 digit code the green light flashes again but still no volume control?

any ideas

If you've tried all the codes and it still doesn't work, then the tv is not compatible with the remote. You will have to use the tv remote to adjust the volume.

joglynne
19-03-2010, 16:35

any ideas

Sorry to but in, but, I thought that it would be a 4 digit number for the remote control does the new Samsung V+ have 3 digit codes?

Flyboy
19-03-2010, 16:45
Can anyone tell me what to do, to activate the volume control from the V+ box. Apparently there is special method when the box is set to deliver HD content.

andrewlutonuk
19-03-2010, 17:07
My LG TV used a 3 Digit code to enable the Samsung V+ to work the Volume with the the Samsung V+ remote

The easiest way is to follow the instrction in the Help menu for remote controls on the V+

My TV code was the first one listed

Flyboy
Press home on remote control, then help & info, then help with your remote control, then set you tv's volume control.

Follow the instructions from there

andrewlutonuk

joglynne
19-03-2010, 17:17
My LG TV used a 3 Digit code to enable the Samsung V+ to work the Volume with the the Samsung V+ remote

The easiest way is to follow the instrction in the Help menu for remote controls on the V+

andrewlutonuk

Thanks for that confirmation Andrew.

Looks like I will have to start a new file on the missing codes for the new V+. As requests for help on the remote codes for the Samsung were infrequent I had hoped the codes for the new box were more up to date regarding newer TVs

Flyboy
19-03-2010, 17:38

Flyboy
Press home on remote control, then help & info, then help with your remote control, then set you tv's volume control.

Follow the instructions from there

andrewlutonuk

Aah, done that and my set's code is not on the list. I was trying to get to adjust the volume on the box, any ideas?

ferritt
19-03-2010, 18:56
If you've tried all the codes and it still doesn't work, then the tv is not compatible with the remote. You will have to use the tv remote to adjust the volume.

Yeah followed the instructions thru the help menu. Loads of samsung codes but all 3 digit. Should I add a zero to the begining? Also if i do manage to find a code that works will the volume button work straight away. Will the v+ remote blink green again or something.

My TV a 2 year old samsung 42" plasma.

cheers

saabmania2
21-03-2010, 08:26
Yeah followed the instructions thru the help menu. Loads of samsung codes but all 3 digit. Should I add a zero to the begining? Also if i do manage to find a code that works will the volume button work straight away. Will the v+ remote blink green again or something.

My TV a 2 year old samsung 42" plasma.

cheers

ferritt,
try using 0079 it seems to work for most samsungs :D

ferritt
22-03-2010, 20:44
nope 0079 did'nt work but one of the 3 digit numbers worked so all sorted.

cheers anyway

joglynne
22-03-2010, 22:46
ferritt, could you give us us the make/model of your TV and the code you found worked the VM remote?

It would help solve the problem for another member in the future. :)