PDA

View Full Version : Having a SACM installed tomorrow...

Graham M
19-02-2008, 18:56
The Ambit 255 with a bit of luck, bye bye dodgy Cable Box Modem :) Will I have to do anything to transfer my email address from the STB account to the Modem account?

BenMcr
19-02-2008, 19:33
Usually can transfer it by saying 'yes I have a dial up account' at registration. If it hasn't been done correctly by whoever booked it for you, phone TSC and they will be able to action

Tech_Boy
19-02-2008, 22:27
Usually can transfer it by saying 'yes I have a dial up account' at registration. If it hasn't been done correctly by whoever booked it for you, phone TSC and they will be able to action

Unfortunately that doesn't work for swapping from STB to Modem BB, you would need to call Tech Support to get your email migrated (on the ex NTL side anyway).

Joxer
19-02-2008, 22:39
Ex telewest customer don't have to do anything, just for information for other people not much use for the op obviously.

xspeedyx
19-02-2008, 22:42
Ex telewest customer don't have to do anything, just for information for other people not much use for the op obviously.

Are you sure I am sure I had a customer that need to spk to tsc as she need a email migrated

Joxer
19-02-2008, 23:08
Email is tied to the account not the modem, it only needs migrated if the account number changes - a change of responsiblity or address for example. If the modem is changed the modem attached to the account is changed not the account.

BenMcr
19-02-2008, 23:33
same as ex-ntl that as long as they are already on a modem account

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Unfortunately that doesn't work for swapping from STB to Modem BB, you would need to call Tech Support to get your email migrated (on the ex NTL side anyway).

It does work if you do it right in SABS, but no-one seems to know how to do it lol

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 08:48
Glad I never had to use sabs lovely lil icoms and hopefully a new system soon

lostandconfused
20-02-2008, 08:50
Glad I never had to use sabs lovely lil icoms and hopefully a new system soon

sabs is much better now its not producing as many bills as before. The telewest version isnt as good, i hope they dont use that one

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 09:07
Never had a issue with icoms at all alot of extelewest customer are having sabs acc's made up I hate it as then I need to call ntl and get that sorted o well icoms, sabs icms is gonna be gone soon with the new system

lostandconfused
20-02-2008, 09:11
Ive only seen a few features of the TW one, but some things like the email password arnt shown, which semms odd to me, especially when icoms shows much more sensitive information.
Ideally i would like the telewest version to have some modifications to have all the features that sabs does, but i dont think they'l do that.
As a provisioning system sabs does the job well, its when it starts to do anything else it has a tantrum and stops working at all!

Graham M
20-02-2008, 09:17
Modem installed and up and running, just on the line to CS now

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 09:23
do urself a speedtest and post back

Graham M
20-02-2008, 09:29
Update: All done :)

---------- Post added at 09:29 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/02/27.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Modem is a Virgin Media branded Ambit 256 by the way :) Oh and that's with my brother Bit-Torrenting at the same time :p:

Akia
20-02-2008, 09:37
Ive only seen a few features of the TW one, but some things like the email password arnt shown, which semms odd to me, especially when icoms shows much more sensitive information.
Ideally i would like the telewest version to have some modifications to have all the features that sabs does, but i dont think they'l do that.
As a provisioning system sabs does the job well, its when it starts to do anything else it has a tantrum and stops working at all!

Remember Lostandconfused, darthlinux works in a Custoemr Care. The only system they will use is ICOMS and most don't even know that theres a seperate provisioning system for the BBI, I only found out after a chat with someone from TSC,

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 09:47
I know they use a different system as icoms has limited bbi info

Graham M
20-02-2008, 09:50
Oh the engineer changed the wiring in the box outside and in the cab, what would she have needed to do to get the STB and SACM working?

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 09:52
not sure what you mean by that glad ur speed is good even when someone on ur ntwork is downloading from torrents

lostandconfused
20-02-2008, 09:56
Oh the engineer changed the wiring in the box outside and in the cab, what would she have needed to do to get the STB and SACM working?

Wouldnt have needed to do anything to the cable really, just needs to be added onto the account for both, which they wont do

Tech_Boy
20-02-2008, 10:00
same as ex-ntl that as long as they are already on a modem account

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

It does work if you do it right in SABS, but no-one seems to know how to do it lol
but as the OP said, he is transferring from a STB to a Modem, the reg process for a modem was never set up for transferring email addresses from a STB sabs to a modem sabs, so it would need to be done manually.

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 10:01
well it needs to also be paired on the acc which operations and quickstart can do as a request from c/services and tech and qs for qs installs

Graham M
20-02-2008, 10:18
Phoned TS and they did it for me :)

lostandconfused
20-02-2008, 10:20
Phoned TS and they did it for me :)

activated the stb BB and the sacm BB?

Graham M
20-02-2008, 11:07
No, moved the email addresses over to the SACM account.

xspeedyx
20-02-2008, 11:08
O right yeah thats what u meant yeah tsc do trans email address

shibby
20-02-2008, 15:23
So I'm in an ex c&w and ex ntl area.
VM are sending us a cable modem to install as we currently use a Samsung STB.
So does that means we have to get Virgnmedia to transfer our STB info across to the new SACM?
We are not that confident with VM. When we phoned up to ask for a SACM, we were told different things. At one point we were told we would be charge £13 extra a month.

Graham M
20-02-2008, 15:39
All you will need to do is phone tech support once everything is up and running and ask them to transfer the email addresses from your old account

shibby
20-02-2008, 16:04
Ok will do at some point when my Father gets back. It's his account.
We already had our Dial up account merged in to our current broadband account, does this cause any problems? As we still use the email account created by the dial up.

Tech_Boy
20-02-2008, 21:00
Should be no problems, just need to clear DPA on both accts, the migration process is really simple.