PDA

View Full Version : anyone having triuble with the internet in the hertfodshire area ???

caroline
17-02-2008, 11:07
My internet keeps coming and going for the last 3 days, has anyone elce had the same problem, or might know what the problem is , i would really appreciate any help .

thankyou

Ermintrude
17-02-2008, 16:53
Yes I'm getting lousy download speeds in Watford at the moment, uploads are fine, don't know why. Come 5.00-5.30 it will probably be ok, its been liike this all week. Haven't been able to get e-mail at all today, keeps timing out.

I'm just waiting for them to complete their upgrades in this area, which should be fairly soon, or so I believe, if its no better then I think some serious moaning is going to happen!

Prior to the merger I had nothing but good service from NTL but now . . . . !

Edit: Its now 5.10 and its back to normal, still not getting good speeds but its tolerable now.

caroline
17-02-2008, 17:30
been on to the virgin tech support and they are sending a engineer out wednesday, looks like its the modem as the ready and sinc light keep flashing and thats why im loseing the internet, this will be the third one now lol, mind you thats in about 5 years.

Pea-Pod
17-02-2008, 17:45
I've been having slow download speeds today, in the Manchester area. Almost like being back on Dial-up. Seems okay now, but still not like it should be.

P.S. Is that how they say 'trouble' in Hertfodshire? lol

caroline
17-02-2008, 17:54
lol yer i saw that , this internet lark must be affecting my head lol

BigToe7000
17-02-2008, 18:22
I'm not! Well, I'm in the Luton area (Hatfield), so I suspect that I'm in a different area to you lot... :D

Ermintrude
17-02-2008, 20:49
I've been having slow download speeds today, in the Manchester area. Almost like being back on Dial-up. Seems okay now, but still not like it should be.

P.S. Is that how they say 'trouble' in Hertfodshire? lol

And "Hertfordshire"! We are too close to Essex, say no more!

No offence meant!