PDA

View Full Version : Can Virgin Do This?

Stokerockscene
16-02-2008, 15:10
I have been on 20MB since it was released, and last year i subscribed to the £85 XL package.

The first few months of 20mb were fine but from then on i started encountering major speed issues like alot of toher 20mb subscribers. Numerous phone calls to technical support would get me nowhere, fobbed off with the 'it's your router' answer we'll send an engineer. Engineer comes out and says its the UBR being oversubscribed and there is nothing he can do.

Anyway, this morning i get a lovely card from Virgin Media 'Dear Mr ******, we are pleased to announce that we are upgrading you from 4mb to 10mb free of charge'. :erm:

Wait a minute.....im not on 4mb ffs! Phone call to customer services reveals that Virgin have messed with my account and for the last god knows how many months i have been on 4mb without my knowing (here's me thinking the 500k/s cap was traffic shaping). The nice lady at CS was utterly confused as to what had gone on, but further enquiries show that 2 weeks ago i was put back onto 20mb and was being charged the full amount again.:mad::mad:

Apparently because i complained alot about the speed on 20mb they downgraded me to 4mb and lowered my bill to reflect the service i was getting, without telling me.

Is it too hard to pick up the phone, or write a letter to inform me of this?

Total and utter incompetence by Virgin Media AGAIN :td:

MovedGoalPosts
16-02-2008, 15:27
So did you billing amount get lowered or were you still paying the full VIP pack price? If your bill did get lowered, then you have less grounds to complain since arguably VM would have done it as a result of your calling. If the bill didn't get lowered then complain like mad.

Stokerockscene
16-02-2008, 15:32
Apparently they lowered the bill by £12 each month whilst the downgrade was in effect, but it really get's to me as to why they didn't mention it when i phoned them up every week to complain about my '20MB service.

Cobbydaler
16-02-2008, 15:37
Everybody got the 4 to 10 upgrade letter I think. At least, I did & I've been on 20 since it was 10 (if you see what I mean)...

eddcase
17-02-2008, 00:54
Apparently they lowered the bill by £12 each month whilst the downgrade was in effect, but it really get's to me as to why they didn't mention it when i phoned them up every week to complain about my '20MB service.

But if you've been ringing them every week to complain about the service, surely the positive action they took i.e. reducing your subscription, was a reasonable response? Haven't they taken you at your word and accepted that as your service is below par, your payments should be reduced? Tbh, I can't see what else could be done.

Did you think something was going on when your bill was getting less? presumably, you thought you were on to something for nothing and were happy with that until, paradoxically, VM wrote to tell you that you were getting a free upgrade :D