PDA

View Full Version : Installation Troubles

spindoc
16-02-2008, 12:48
Having already had a phone line with Virgin, since the days of Videotron cable in Harrow, I decided to plum for the new 20Mb cable broadband as my ADSL telephone line is limited to 2Mb at max!

Having had an installation booked for Fri 8th Feb, two guys showed up outside my door at 5pm and looked at it without approaching the house. Then one decided to take a leak on a near by tree before disappearing in the van. Having spent half a day off work I wasn't having it so I plagued CS to contact them. They eventually showed up at 7pm and said they couldn't do this that the other and left in a huff when they suggested some random drilling into my walls.

So I complained again and eventually spoke to the area supervisor, who said he'd come and do the job himself tomorrow. Guess what? He didn't come either and switched off his phone! Eventually CS finally got in touch and he said he needed to organise a re-pull for next week.

So its next week and 2 guys show up. They go poking around and now say duct work needs to happen before the repull. I have a funny feeling things are going backwards as time goes on! Who knows they might find a faulty cabinet next!

All the while the timer ticks on on my ADSL services and I could be left without internet while the try and get their act together. Sheer & utter frustration!

joglynne
16-02-2008, 13:51
Hi spindoc, First things first..https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/12/14.png...to the forums.

Sorry you seem to be having a rough time getting your installation done. Although we can't really sort out this problem please keep us up to date with what is happening. Most of us have had glitches with Virginmedia and understand how frustrating the process can be. Maybe having us here will help you keep your sense of humour.:D