PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Upgrade 2mb - 4mb

Deadude
14-02-2008, 18:09
Just saw my dumeter reading 350kb/s download speed so went and checked modem config and yep ive been upgraded to 4mb could this be part of virgins upgrades or is it just a fluke and ive been upgraded by accident :P?

stewlewis
14-02-2008, 18:52
You've probably got my upgrade, been waiting since yesterday for a 2 -> 4 upgrade, give it back...... :)

Gotta love Indian call centres:
I called to go from 2MB to 4MB, the lady did this at £25.
I said "is this a set price or just an offer".
She says "Offer...pause....pause... I can do you the 4MB upgrade for £12.50" I therefore didn't say anything, it's not what I asked but who's complaining....

She did say the upgrade will be in effect in 2 hrs.

Today I still hadn't had the upgrade, so I called back.
"How long does it take the upgrade to come into effect?"
"Upgrade?......pause.......pause.....I've put you on XL package with £10 off, £27"
"That's not what I asked" I said, I was on the 4MB yesterday for £12.50.
"I'll downgrade you then to the 4MB package, at £17"
What?!?!
"When will that come into effect"
"2 - 24hrs, anything else?"

I didn't argue the price and I still haven't been upgraded. I'll give it some time and see what happens when the bill comes.

Ken W
14-02-2008, 18:56
You've probably got my upgrade, been waiting since yesterday for a 2 -> 4 upgrade, give it back...... :)

Gotta love Indian call centres:
I called to go from 2MB to 4MB, the lady did this at £25.
I said "is this a set price or just an offer".
She says "Offer...pause....pause... I can do you the 4MB upgrade for £12.50" I therefore didn't say anything, it's not what I asked but who's complaining....

She did say the upgrade will be in effect in 2 hrs.

Today I still hadn't had the upgrade, so I called back.
"How long does it take the upgrade to come into effect?"
"Upgrade?......pause.......pause.....I've put you on XL package with £10 off, £27"
"That's not what I asked" I said, I was on the 4MB yesterday for £12.50.
"I'll downgrade you then to the 4MB package, at £17"
What?!?!
"When will that come into effect"
"2 - 24hrs, anything else?"

I didn't argue the price and I still haven't been upgraded. I'll give it some time and see what happens when the bill comes.

Have you rebooted the cable modem?

stewlewis
14-02-2008, 18:59
Yeah Done all that Ken.

I guess the upgrade team pass it onto the order team or the tech team and during the confusion I've probably been upped to 4MB, upped again to 20MB, downed again to 4MB. While the cost has gone from £18, to £12.50 to £17.

When the **** and the elbow work out which order is the correct one I'll probably see the change.

As for now, no great rush.

kryogenik
14-02-2008, 19:15
Is there 'keywords' in their script or what..?
I rang the other week to 'upgrade' to XL telly and asked her to confirm what the full package cost would be now as I have a 'discount' on my broadband & I didn't want to lose that. Without asking she gave me a £10 a month discount on the whole account and left me on the L telly. :confused:
I was a bit taken aback. I wasn't after another discount.
I then said I wanted to go to XL, that's why I rang. So she put me on XL.

Outcome = XL TV for £1.50

*shrugs*

:edit: Just to add, if it wasn't for the likes of this forum, BenMcr and other helpful VM employees, a lot of us would be pretty much confused regarding changing packages and whatnot.

stewlewis
14-02-2008, 19:28
They do have keywords you're so right, perhaps it's a bot answering the phones.

I didn't ask for an offer she just heard the word and game me one.
I queried my upgrade, she went ahead and gave me a 20MB one, and threw in a discount.
I said 4MB and offer in the same breath, she downgraded me and gave me another offer on that. (All be it not as good as the offer on the previous day)

I left the conversation confused, and as yet have no upgrade and no idea what I'll be billed.

I wait with in anticipation for my promised 4MB at £12.50

You have to wonder.

kryogenik
14-02-2008, 19:42
I left the conversation confused

My sentiments exactly.
I haven't had a bill yet, but I'm dreading it to be honest.

stewlewis
14-02-2008, 19:46
You are, I was upgraded and downgraded 3 times in the space of as many minutes, hope there isn't a service charge for that.

The calls were recorded for customer service, or so it says, any billing queries can be played back.

kryogenik
14-02-2008, 19:52
Mebbe so. I'd be worried mate!
Trying to decipher a VM bill sometimes is like trying to work out something from a Dan Brown novel.
I always dread a bill after making any changes - I'm usually right in feeling that way.

Ken W
14-02-2008, 20:17
Yeah Done all that Ken.

I guess the upgrade team pass it onto the order team or the tech team and during the confusion I've probably been upped to 4MB, upped again to 20MB, downed again to 4MB. While the cost has gone from £18, to £12.50 to £17.

When the **** and the elbow work out which order is the correct one I'll probably see the change.

As for now, no great rush.
I remembered when I upgraded from 2 to 4MB I first spoke to India and he said wait 2 hours for the upgrade to work, it took over 10 days of contacting them and I finnaly spoke to a superviser who said they had not done the upgrade propely and he did the upgrade while I was on the line, I rebooted my modem and it was now 4MB. So much for India BB support.:td:
Ken

browney
14-02-2008, 21:00
Just saw my dumeter reading 350kb/s download speed so went and checked modem config and yep ive been upgraded to 4mb could this be part of virgins upgrades or is it just a fluke and ive been upgraded by accident :P?

For free? :confused:

stewlewis
14-02-2008, 22:15
I still hadn't heard anything so I called billing via 150, chose the option for any other bill queries, spoken to a nice girl, in the UK.

My account had been changed and the 4MB had been logged but the 4MB hadn't been requested?!? She did it there and then, confirmed my charges and account details.

An hour or so later and I'm on the 4MB connection, without so much as a modem reset. Excellent.

TehTech
15-02-2008, 00:06
The calls were recorded for customer service, or so it says, any billing queries can be played back.

Funnily enough, when I used that line when I wasted 3 whole days waiting for booked engineers that didnt turn up, I was told they could not access the recorded call, second time I tried, they denied even recording calls, so I advised the cocky "gentleman" on the phone to call up virgin media & LISTEN to the message read out, to this remark I was instantly "mysteriously" cut off the line...

boroboi
15-02-2008, 01:03
What a load of ****.

As an employee at Barclaycard, i know for a fact ALL call centres record their calls mainly so they (supervisors) can listen to calls from customer's who complain or if something has been done that shouldnt.

Not only do they have software that can access the call, it can be done in a mere 30 seconds.

Blatant lies from whoever you spoke with.

TehTech
15-02-2008, 09:16
What a load of ****.

As an employee at Barclaycard, i know for a fact ALL call centres record their calls mainly so they (supervisors) can listen to calls from customer's who complain or if something has been done that shouldnt.

Not only do they have software that can access the call, it can be done in a mere 30 seconds.

Of course, all this I know, but my point being how much they blatantly lie about something, and you know damn well they are lying, you end up just getting so fustrated as you know you are right, but trying to tell THEM your right is another matter, it really p****s me off that a "company" of their size are blatant liars, especially when its something that you could easily bet your years salary, house & mortgage on them being wrong!

Most times when I speak to them I wanna grab them & shake the hell outta them till they realise they have been caught out on a big whopper, will they admit it? will they bugger!

As a question to anyone in the know, how long do they keep the recorded calls and next time I call up, how can I make them understand that the calls have been recorded, there is the evidence, listen to it & then help me accordingly?

ShadowTD
15-02-2008, 11:09
I had my broadband upgrade done by the web team as I took advantage of the Xbox Live offer. The speed upgrade was done by the time I got off the phone. Awesome.

jcuk
15-02-2008, 15:25
As for recorded calls mate,

Not ALL calls are recorded, infact they only record calls at random or when quality checks are being done.

As for supervisor call checks, well our supervisors (team leaders) listen into calls that are being taken, if theres an issue with a specific call then the agent will be fed back. As for getting 'cut off' its totally unacceptable and we never release calls, or definitely shouldn't be.

If there was an automated message saying they "Are recording ALL calls for quality purposes and training and yada yada yada" then id write to our customer concern team, theres no way people being recorded are going to get access to their recorded calls, if as i said theres an issue then the agent will get feedback.

J x

Akia
15-02-2008, 17:04
What a load of ****.

Well I'd expect Barclaycard to record the calls but just because they do dosn't mean other companies do. In fact I've worked at about 7 different call centers and only one of those recored the calls all the time, and that was telesales as a travel agent, They only did this because of the large cost of correcting a mistake. Ie Names spelt wrong, Wrong dates booked etc,

All the others just spot check calls, As do Virgin Media. They record (or listen live) 5 random calls a month and then do quality feedback on those. Also the Ops Managers spend a afternoon a week listening to live calls but these don't target one member of staff its just the next call that comes into the center again totally random,

This is the offical stance and thats as much as the company admits to the staff. Now there is rumours that go around the center that they do actually indeed records all the calls but this is just rumour and has never been confirmed by management. Its also rumour that the director of Customer Care is able to monitor the calls from home as well and does so frequently.

They put the blanket message on the front of the IVR because the company needs to make customer aware if they are being recorded, As these would be done at random the only other way to do it would be for the staff member to advise the customer at the start that it is being recorded as and when its happening. This would defeat the object because if the staff member is aware they will be on their best behaviour. And the all point of it being random is that you never know who is monitoring your call or when therefore your not going to risk doing anything stupid just in case,

weesteev
21-02-2008, 12:29
What a load of ****.

This may be the case for your company but VIrgin Media do not actively record all calls. Currently in contact centres there is remote monitoring of CSR's on the phone and random recordings for quality purposes. SOme contact centres dont use monitoring at all so the second person you spoke with may be telling the truth.

There is no computer system that saves recordings, sorry to dissapoint you. Virgin uses the classic "cassette recorders"... whatever they are :erm:

BenMcr
21-02-2008, 12:35
The message even says 'sometimes we record these calls'