PDA

View Full Version : Live radio streaming keeps disconnecting.

gdafc
14-02-2008, 12:23
Hi all,

Brand new (yesterday) customer of Virgin Media Broadband 4 Mb, previously with Sky BB but BT have given us so much hassle we have decided to ditch them.

Any way when trying to listen to Radio 1 either live or listen again it connects and plays but then will disconnect if I browse other sites or refresh emails, basically if I try to do something else on the internet.

Please can anyone give any suggestions on how to rectify this or is it something I am stuck with.

I have this morning downloaded some files and the speed was very good.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quick update............

Have tried anotheronline radio station and the same thing happens.

I have also noticed that the connection drops out even when no other internet activities are occuring.

Must admit, I hope I have done the right thing in changing to VM, as although it is only day 2 and not a major issue it is still a very annoying one!

Thanks

Garry

ottoni
14-02-2008, 12:26
Hi all,

Brand new (yesterday) customer of Virgin Media Broadband 4 Mb, previously with Sky BB but BT have given us so much hassle we have decided to ditch them.

Any way when trying to listen to Radio 1 either live or listen again it connects and plays but then will disconnect if I browse other sites or refresh emails, basically if I try to do something else on the internet.

Please can anyone give any suggestions on how to rectify this or is it something I am stuck with.

I have this morning downloaded some files and the speed was very good.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

Quick update............

Have tried anotheronline radio station and the same thing happens.

I have also noticed that the connection drops out even when no other internet activities are occuring.

Must admit, I hope I have done the right thing in changing to VM, as although it is only day 2 and not a major issue it is still a very annoying one!

Thanks

Garry
If you scroll up to the top right hand corner of your screen, there are 3 boxes, when listening to the radio just click on the box that has a dash in it, this will let you surf all at the same time!

gdafc
14-02-2008, 12:32
If you scroll up to the top right hand corner of your screen, there are 3 boxes, when listening to the radio just click on the box that has a dash in it, this will let you surf all at the same time!

Are you being serious or are you taking the proverbial?

Either way, thanks for the advice even though it is totally irrelevant.

ottoni
14-02-2008, 12:52
Are you being serious or are you taking the proverbial?

Either way, thanks for the advice even though it is totally irrelevant.
No I'm being serious, you said you can't surf without the radio site disconnecting, by clicking on what I said this allows you to continue listening as well as continue looking at other websites, did not mean to cause offence, none was intended!:erm:

TehTech
14-02-2008, 12:53
No I'm being serious, you said you can't surf without the radio site disconnecting, by clicking on what I said this allows you to continue listening as well as continue looking at other websites, did not mean to cause offence, none was intended!:erm:

God, some poeple just cant tell when help has been given to them! :dozey:

boroboi
14-02-2008, 13:44
lol... i can see how it can sound, but i think he means that the stream from the radio is being interrupted while surfing in a seperate window... correct me if im wrong.

gdafc
14-02-2008, 14:05

No, none taken! Just thought you where having a laugh with me!

As has been said below it is an interruption of the streaming of the radio.

Thanks amyway,

Garry

---------- Post added at 13:05 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

God, some poeple just cant tell when help has been given to them! :dozey:

Yep I totally missed it that time.

Thankyou for all of your suggestions. (Just in case I missed some help in your post!!)

Garry

gdafc
16-02-2008, 18:51
Hi all,

Thanks to those that tried to help, just to close this it turned out to be my brand new Belkin router at fault, I replaced it like for like and the same thing happened.

I then got a different brand (Netgear) and all is well.

Thanks again,

Garry