PDA

View Full Version : Phoned Retentions to Negotiate a Package

Numenor
11-02-2008, 18:06
I wasn't happy paying £37 for my broadband so I called tonight to see what they could do.

Ive been given Full TV package, Talk Unlimited and 2mb broadband for £45 a month.

Is this a good deal?

Ernie_C
11-02-2008, 18:32
Only YOU can say if it is a good deal for YOU.

It's a few pounds cheaper than the standard packaged price for those levels of service (£46.95) but you could have gone for the Triple XL which is what you describe except the BB is 20 Mb rather than 2 Mb for £56.

bonzoe
11-02-2008, 18:42
Depends on what you mean by FULL TV package - never heard of that one

jailhouse
11-02-2008, 20:24
Only YOU can say if it is a good deal for YOU.

It's a few pounds cheaper than the standard packaged price for those levels of service (£46.95) but you could have gone for the Triple XL which is what you describe except the BB is 20 Mb rather than 2 Mb for £56.

Good point Ernie, i have been on the top tier from when it was introduced, but then it quickly went down hill. 20Mb BB has never materialised, in real terms with averages being in the single figures. VoD does not really have enough choice to justify the price, and considering the quality, with pictures pixillating and sound breaking up, i would ask the OP to exercise caution before being tied to a twelve month contract.

I hope this helps.

jh

Numenor
11-02-2008, 20:57
Good point Ernie, i have been on the top tier from when it was introduced, but then it quickly went down hill. 20Mb BB has never materialised, in real terms with averages being in the single figures. VoD does not really have enough choice to justify the price, and considering the quality, with pictures pixillating and sound breaking up, i would ask the OP to exercise caution before being tied to a twelve month contract.

I hope this helps.

jh

12 month contract isn't really an issue for me, to get a BT line connected to my house again would cost quite a lot as it was totally taken out when it was renovated. Been with cable since the start and not planning on changing. Im one of the lucky ones as Ive never had a problem with my BB speeds.

By Full TV, I mean Full TV - XL. Didn't think Full could be mistaken for anything else.......

I have the option of upgrading my BB if I wish, Il see how the 2mb suits me and then Il see.

Cheers for the input!

xspeedyx
11-02-2008, 22:05
Why do people ring relations just to get a deal they are there for people that wanna disconnect not get a better deal cuz there mate bob down the road has got a better deal

lordy
11-02-2008, 22:56
because they can?

xpod
11-02-2008, 23:24
Retentions are full o...........s%$!...the one time i was advised to call by the tech anyway.
Once i called,after being advised to by the tech,after the call charges had came into effect.TS could no longer call them(or any other dept) on your behalf apparently and have your issue/price dealt with for you.

So,i calls Retentions,just for the laugh and was told by some stern sounding matron thay they could`nt continue the half price BB that the (free)tech had done 3 months 2 weeks before hand ....end off.
This is only half of it to be honest,the rest is just tooo unbelievable and not worth the effort.
"Put it in writing" they said yadda yadda.

Anyway,hangs up,calls back CS a-to hear a nice Scottish lass,who listened to me,read all my deplorable notes,called retentions on my behalf and had me back on half price within 30 seconds:confused:

Retentions...bah humbug:sleep:

eddcase
12-02-2008, 01:38
.......and had me back on half price within 30 seconds:confused:
Retentions...bah humbug:sleep:

Uuuuuum right, I see. Your complaint is that you wanted jam on it too? :) (sorry only j/king :))

dave6x
12-02-2008, 09:47
Why do people ring relations just to get a deal they are there for people that wanna disconnect not get a better deal cuz there mate bob down the road has got a better deal
Retentions is there to retain customers for VM.

So if they are open to negotiations, then negotiate! Where there is room for negotiation on any deal then I will negotiate, I don't pay the forecourt price for a car, I don't pay the asking price for a house, if I can get a discount or get extras included in any purchase I will, etc. so I see VM as no different. I considered £25 for 4Mb too dear, the £16 I pay seems OK and VM seemed happy with that.

So go ahead, negotiate. (Now just waiting for Eddcase's remarks!!! lol)

xpod
12-02-2008, 11:10
Uuuuuum right, I see. Your complaint is that you wanted jam on it too? (sorry only j/king )

I just wanted what i`d alreadybeen given as (shut me up)renumeration,for more than silly speeds.

Anyway,have you heard the one about the Scotsman,The Indian and the missing Start Button:p:

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

So if they are open to negotiations, then negotiate! Where there is room for negotiation on any deal then I will negotiate, I don't pay the forecourt price for a car, I don't pay the asking price for a house, if I can get a discount or get extras included in any purchase I will, etc. so I see VM as no different. I considered £25 for 4Mb too dear, the £16 I pay seems OK and VM seemed happy with that.

So go ahead, negotiate. (Now just waiting for Eddcase's remarks!!! lo

Any Scottish blood in you by any chance........i love a haggle,or something free,as in speech,as well as beer;)

dave6x
12-02-2008, 11:24
Anyway,have you heard the one about the Scotsman,The Indian and the missing Start Button:p:

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

Any Scottish blood in you by any chance........i love a haggle,or something free,as in speech,as well as beer;)
Well I'd hate to think that may be an implied slur on my mother's side of the family, but the answer is yes!!! lol

However having struggled to bring up a young family in the eighties with 15% mortgage interest, stupid levels of inflation and negative equity I rapidly learnt how to stay afloat and get best value for the little spare money we had!

As far as the beer goes, well that is far too serious a subject. I am willing to pay up and savour the delights of a well kept ale in good company at a pleasant inn!!!

xspeedyx
12-02-2008, 12:02

So go ahead, negotiate. (Now just waiting for Eddcase's remarks!!! lol)

Ok if ur having troubles then u should get some discount but are you getting really slow speeds if not pay what all customers should be paying. How do you think VM are gonna make profit because cheap ass people dnt wanna pay for what THEY get

dave6x
12-02-2008, 12:24
Ok if ur having troubles then u should get some discount but are you getting really slow speeds if not pay what all customers should be paying. How do you think VM are gonna make profit because cheap ass people dnt wanna pay for what THEY get

I respect your point of view, however I have a choice and VM have a choice, they can say no just as easily as I can. But broadband internet is a highly competetive business.

If they want to retain my custom then I want value for money. I have a BT line and I am living less than 1km from a BT exchange that can deliver me 7-8Mb/s ADSL from a number of suppliers providing either BT Wholesale linked and/or LLU services. I have neighbours getting excellent speeds from a number of these ADSL suppliers and paying far less than me for BB and phone services.

I like the NTL/VM product, have had NTL/VM BB for years and will remain loyal to it as long as I consider it value for money. Call me a cheap-ass, cheap-skate or whatever you wish, your insults will not hurt me.

VM know that retaining customers is important, and I am providing revenue to the system as an established customer. A new customer who leaves after a year on a special deal will probably have provided no revenue to the company. If VM have any business sense at all then they know the cutoff point for providing retention deals to existing customers without damaging their potential for future investment.

xspeedyx
12-02-2008, 13:01
Cheap ass was directed at you per say. Its just annoys me how people really see the value that virgin do offer for the money they charge

dave6x
12-02-2008, 14:01
Cheap ass was directed at you per say. Its just annoys me how people really see the value that virgin do offer for the money they charge
I'm sure that we will never agree as our opinions differ, but having struggled financially in the past I always consider the value rather than just the cost in any financial decision I take.

In the past I have paid considerably more to NTL for broadband, £37.99 for 1.5Mb then 3Mb then for 10Mb as it was upgraded, and was then willing to pay as it was the best value high speed service at the time and with several heavy users in the house met my needs.

For me, NTL/VM 4Mb BB is currently good value for my current needs for the price I pay, when my present deal ends and I have been upgraded to 10Mb then I will again review my options based on the value as I perceive it.

lostandconfused
12-02-2008, 14:11
IMO its down to the company to say no.

Everyone wants a better deal. Thats normal, if i thought i could get a reduction on my price i would go for it. At the end of the day my financial situation is more important to me than Virgin Media's (which is odd seeing as i work for them).

Thats not to say i agree with some of the discounts that ive seen in my time, but its down to the company to grow some balls and say, ok this is what we can do, if its not good enough, please turn off the lights on your way out.

Which is the way they are going at the moment. So :tu:to VM:)

snazzy
12-02-2008, 15:46

Because when an offer was being talked about on here, CS said I could not have it 'cos I was NOT a new customer. I got totally p...ed about that and rang retentions. Within the hour I had the offer. There's your answer.

jailhouse
12-02-2008, 17:27
IMO its down to the company to say no.

Everyone wants a better deal. Thats normal, if i thought i could get a reduction on my price i would go for it. At the end of the day my financial situation is more important to me than Virgin Media's (which is odd seeing as i work for them).

Thats not to say i agree with some of the discounts that ive seen in my time, but its down to the company to grow some balls and say, ok this is what we can do, if its not good enough, please turn off the lights on your way out.

Which is the way they are going at the moment. So :tu:to VM:)

lostandconfused, good on you for being so honest about your views and that of VM regards people leaving.

I wonder though, if you will be so approving of their actions when it becomes no longer teniable to keep the company running due to the amount of clients leaving and the bad will they (VM) are creating by letting long standing customers go rather than sort out their problems. I am not on about "freebie upgrades" but the basic service that people are paying for, a BB connection that connects at or near the limit you pay for, a VoD setup that does not freeze or lock you out, bills being correct, and last but for me not least, a Tech Support in this country where you can be understood and understand the party on the other end.

Let not VM forget, there aree only so many new customers out there, and even the new ones they get on a 12 month contract will probably leave at the end of it, IF the servicesw do not improve!

I find it apt that you use the phrase "please turn off the lights on your way out" (without the first part) as this may be what happens to VM in years to come.

I can't blame the OP for asking for a better deal, if you dont ask, you dont get, this is his perogative at it is of the CS staff to say "no not possible".

jh

bonzoe
12-02-2008, 18:54
By Full TV, I mean Full TV - XL. Didn't think Full could be mistaken for anything else.......

Cheers for the input!

I asked because full package could have included everything i.e Sky Movies and Sport etc.

I am on TV XL TEW and BB L (4MB) for £35pm, I'm well satisfied. Before anyone asks, I did not threaten to leave, just said that I had been told new deals were coming out which I would like, so, when the time came, I asked what deals had come out and was offered this.:D

xpod
12-02-2008, 22:01
Well I'd hate to think that may be an implied slur on my mother's side of the family, but the answer is yes!!! lol

Have you not read my Location up there on the right by any chance?;)
Or,should i say where i`m not:(

Scottish born and bred myself and although i`d probably prefer to be hame on the Bonnie Banks than down here in London i still actually love the English.....
I have to,2 of my girls where born down here after all and the wife is only an adopted Scot if truth be told.....

A Manc till 2 months old:)

However having struggled to bring up a young family in the eighties with 15% mortgage interest, stupid levels of inflation and negative equity I rapidly learnt how to stay afloat and get best value for the little spare money we had!

As far as the beer goes, well that is far too serious a subject. I am willing to pay up and savour the delights of a well kept ale in good company at a pleasant inn!!!

Been their,done that & got the t-shirt......and then some.For one so young tooo;)
Only been doing the young family part these last 15 Yr`s of course,once every 3Yr`s it seems:dozey:

The Free,as in beer,is good...granted,even though i`m tee-total now-a-days but,the free ....as in speech is a delight i`m only just starting to savour,in place of the not so free beer quite possibly;)

eddcase
12-02-2008, 22:26
(Now just waiting for Eddcase's remarks!!! lol)

Having read all your posts in this thread dave6x, my remarks are simple: good luck my friend, it is about time that you were cut an even break :). Oh and btw, Scots blood is ok by me :).

mcgeezer
12-02-2008, 23:47
Well, I love the service I get from VM - it beats every other ISP, I'm more than happy to pay my £38 per month, and when they bring out 50MB - I'll pay for that too.

But as I continue to read threads about people "ringing retentions" to get a better deal - I feel I'll have no option but to ring them myself on my mobile while I'm having a fully brewed dump so that they can hear the splish sploshs of my torpedoes slamming into the drink as I strain beginning for a reduction in price/better deal.

Cos frankly - that's what they deserve for offering everyone who rings them a discount. People who ring retentions are no better than those who commit benefit and tax fraud.

I'll probably get a slap for this - but hey, Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.

xpod
13-02-2008, 00:19
Last time i had any type of service provided to me,prior to the current 2Yr`s of VM/NTL/?(bar the Dam thing too:angel:) and their BB,TV & Phone we have was BT for the Phone during our first couple of years down here in London but then we also had NTL TV when the cables were first laid back in the rough ole streets of Scotland,back in the day.

IN fact they offered the training and jobs of wiring all the houses to all the local unemployed,thieves & junkies etc,just to help the run down communities of course.Many parts of Edinburgh having a pretty bad Rep back then.
Hell,Edinburgh had a pretty bad rep full stop back then.:(

Their(NTL) TV was not too bad i suppose but we had the obligatory run in`s with the CS,TS(?) and billing back then too.DE JA VU?.
Not to mention pre-warning those freshy trained "cable installation guys" as they done places like my mothers house etc:sniper:

Phoned Retentions to Negotiate a Package

RE-negotiate surely;)

dave6x
13-02-2008, 01:10
People who ring retentions are no better than those who commit benefit and tax fraud.

I'll probably get a slap for this - but hey, Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.
No need for a slap, you are entitled to your opinion. And if that means you are happy to pay full price for what you get then fair play.

But negotiation is a fact of life, as I've stated earlier in this thread I want the best deal for my money, and I have the choice to go elsewhere for BB just as VM have the choice to say no!

To compare someone who negotiates a deal with a benefit or tax fraudster seems rather odd, I am not defrauding anyone, I am negotiating upfront just as I would when buying a house or car. I trust you never pay the forecourt price for a car, if so you are a fool as the price is marked up to allow for a negotiated deal, car dealers love a naive punter!

But each to their own, who am I to judge but there is a lot of truth in the old adage "A fool and his money are soon parted"!

lostandconfused
13-02-2008, 09:35
snip
a BB connection that connects at or near the limit you pay for, a VoD setup that does not freeze or lock you out, bills being correct, and last but for me not least, a Tech Support in this country where you can be understood and understand the party on the other end.

Let not VM forget, there aree only so many new customers out there, and even the new ones they get on a 12 month contract will probably leave at the end of it, IF the servicesw do not improve!

I find it apt that you use the phrase "please turn off the lights on your way out" (without the first part) as this may be what happens to VM in years to come.

snip
jh

But thats the point, they are improving. They have implemented a new single billing system that is hundreds of times more accurate than the 4 old ones ntl:telewest used to use, its almost complete. So now the only time there will be a billing error, is if the wrong information by a member of staff.

They are currently upgrading around 140 UBR's a week, in preperation for the speed upgrades and to relieve the an areas that have high contention. There are so many things that affect your speed that virgin media have no control of. However the thing that they do (their network) is getting a substantial Upgrade.

Vod is always beeing upgraded, with new fixes to problems etc. Its not perfect and dare i say it, it never will be but its a huge improvement, from what it used to be.

Tech support is in the UK, They have just recruited just under 100 new agents for the UK, some are still in training due to go live on the phones in the next few weeks i believe to increase the percentage of Tech support calls handled in the UK. Outside normal working hours (8-8) the majority of calls will be handled off shore but they are going in the right direction.

I assume you have a discount (and as i have said i have no problem at all with that) but for the people that use the above as a reason to negotiate a 'deal'. When the improvements above all get completed, and you are happy that the service is working, will you be phoning retentions to say, its all working now. Can you remove those discounts i had please?

snip

I can't blame the OP for asking for a better deal, if you dont ask, you dont get, this is his perogative at it is of the CS staff to say "no not possible".

jh
Well to a certain extent i agree there, there are always going to be people moving to cabled areas that have not had cable before. I dont have any figures i can link to but there will always be a number of people signining up.

That was why i wrote the first part;). I have confidence in Virgin Media products and pricing that they are good value for money and are competetive. But then again i have never had any major problems that i couldnt sort out, so i can only go on my experience. I may not consider VM as a long term carreer, but i do believe that they will be around for a long time yet.

As i have said before, i dont blame the OP for trying to get a discount, if i thought i could get one id be on the phone pretty quick too. But I dont see the point of people complaininig on here, when they had no intention of leaving, but have called up for a discount and VM have said no.

IMO if you call up to say you want to cancel to get a price reduction, and they say no, then you should give your 30 days notice and use a different provider.

But negotiation is a fact of life, as I've stated earlier in this thread I want the best deal for my money, and I have the choice to go elsewhere for BB just as VM have the choice to say no!
snippety snip snip

Negotiation is a fact of life, in certain circumstances, as you have mentioned buying a new car. But would you go into tesco's do you weekly shop, and get to the checkout, when the assistant tells you the price - £110. would you say i'll give you £90. I can get it for that price in asda?

If not, what is the difference I would say that grocery shopping is more competetive than ISP's, Or is it because they are willing to negotiate on price?

If its the latter, then if your on any short term discounts, e.g half price for 3 months etc. Then you may well be looking for a new ISP soon, as they no longer exist. VM have now changed to offering less of a discount but with no time limit on, sky have already dont this, and i suspect most other ISP's will go the same way soon.

dave6x
13-02-2008, 10:05
Negotiation is a fact of life, in certain circumstances, as you have mentioned buying a new car. But would you go into tesco's do you weekly shop, and get to the checkout, when the assistant tells you the price - £110. would you say i'll give you £90. I can get it for that price in asda?

If not, what is the difference I would say that grocery shopping is more competetive than ISP's, Or is it because they are willing to negotiate on price?

If its the latter, then if your on any short term discounts, e.g half price for 3 months etc. Then you may well be looking for a new ISP soon, as they no longer exist. VM have now changed to offering less of a discount but with no time limit on, sky have already dont this, and i suspect most other ISP's will go the same way soon.
I have read your well considered responses and can't really argue with many of them. As you say, in certain circumstances like the weekly grocery shopping then I accept prices will be fixed but I can choose on a daily basis where I buy balancing the quality of Waitrose or M&S against the lower cost of ASDA or Tesco, I am not locked into a 12 month exclusive contract with any of them.

VM is in business to keep the shareholders happy. Properly managed VM can compete as an ISP, and by offering a constructive but flexible pricing strategy including sufficient incentives to remain attractive to customers they will build on their customer base. I am a relatively light user, not a bandwidth hog, so they know that I am a good customer to retain and I'm sure that is considered when they make me a retention offer, which is currently for 12 mths. If they were to offer discounts and offers that drove them out of business then there would be something very wrong in their management and accounting!!!

jailhouse
13-02-2008, 12:42
lostandconfused,

thanks for your reply. I do not receive any discount from VM, and have never asked for one. I WAS happy until all the problems started with the slowing down of speeds, the capping across the board of internet speeds even if you are not a heavy user (downloads) etc. VM have reacted with a knee jerk reaction, and capped everyone from 4pm, but according to their own statement, it is only when you reach a maximum limit that you should be capped. It appears they are now treating games consoles the same way!

I am glad to hear VM are upgrading their network, but perhaps they should think about informing customers of the areas being upgraded and when? If you ask for an explanation of why your line is being capped (after 8pm) tech services state they cannot tell if an individual is using more bandwidth than others, and nothing can be done.

My disconnection comes into force in eight days time, and on a personal issue, there is no way i would stay with VM, i am on the top tier package with sports, movies, BB, phone and mobile, but i feel the lack of services i have received do not deserve my loyalty anymore.

Oh, and i will turn the light off on the way out ;-)

jh

MK1
13-02-2008, 13:35
I have just been on to retentions because i have just been placed on long term sick so i need my monthly bill reducing so i was wandering what kind of deal they could do. The deal they offered turned out to be more expensive than what i am already paying, whats all that about?

I am currently paying £37 per month for 20MB and £2 line rental due to an earlier deal which anybody is entitled to ask for. So thats £39 a month. The new deal was £3 off BB at £34 but only if the line rental went back up to £11 ! If i can't afford £39 how am i expected to pay £45? Very disapointing treatment of a long term and faithful customer.

I'm going to phone back in a few days and try again, has anybody got any tips? For some reason she asked if i was a heavy user and i just said average. What should i have said? Is there a No. to get through straightaway to retensions?

peanut
13-02-2008, 13:45
I called them a while back when I signed up for V+, the customer service didn't know their left from their right so asked to speak to retentions. I got V+ at a good price, and they gave me a loyalty deal on top.

So basically I'm getting the VIP pack(XL everything) but for much less than £60 a month. (inc phone calls).

I think it's down to them to offer a deal, I didn't say I was leaving, all I asked was for any kind of loyalty deal to help me out. But they did put me on another 12 month contract which wasn't a problem to me.

Ernie_C
13-02-2008, 15:19
I have just been on to retentions because i have just been placed on long term sick so i need my monthly bill reducing so i was wandering what kind of deal they could do. The deal they offered turned out to be more expensive than what i am already paying, whats all that about?

I am currently paying £37 per month for 20MB and £2 line rental due to an earlier deal which anybody is entitled to ask for. So thats £39 a month. The new deal was £3 off BB at £34 but only if the line rental went back up to £11 ! If i can't afford £39 how am i expected to pay £45? Very disapointing treatment of a long term and faithful customer.

I'm going to phone back in a few days and try again, has anybody got any tips? For some reason she asked if i was a heavy user and i just said average. What should i have said? Is there a No. to get through straightaway to retensions?
£39 is the correct price for BB XL and Phone M, based on the 2 for £20 BB M and Phone M, upgraded to BB XL at £19 extra.

While I understand your situation, it's not Virgin Media's fault that you can't afford the price any more.

Two options:

1. Go elsewhere with ADSL BB;
2. Reduce your BB speed - to BB L with Phone M at £27 or BB M with Phone M at £20.

Akia
13-02-2008, 16:59

Classic example of people taking the p**s. I agree that people always want a better deal and good on them for trying. But when Virgin say no. Its classed a disapoiuntment treatment. And why try calling back they've said no its noted on the account, They are not going to change there mind, in fact you'll more than likly find they won't offer you anything now as its clear to them that your not seriously wanting to disonnect otherwise you would have done it on the call.

Numenor
13-02-2008, 18:18
As starter of this thread I thought Id give an update of what happened.

I had my 2mb BB for 23 hours before I nearly had a breakdown, the 2mb is just a bit too slow for my needs so I called back.

Firstly I went to the customer services and spoke to the most mono-toned girl Ive ever heard, constantly putting the mute button on to talk to her pals. The sound of contempt in her voice because I was interrupting her conversation was obvious. I asked to be put up to 4mb from 2mb, 'thats £25' she replied. I told her that I had spoke to someone the previous night who was giving a discount and I asked how it would be affected by my package upgrade. 'Well, its £25 for 4mb' I asked how much my total price is on 4mb and she said 'Its £25, so Il add it onto your package', eh, no you won't!!. I realised quickly she did not have the slightest clue what she was doing so I told her to exit my account and don't touch a thing.:rolleyes:

So I called retentions and spoke to a guy called Jim. I can't praise him enough. The difference in service, product knowledge and plain friendliness was excellent. He saw what discount I had and adjusted it for 4mb and explained what would happen with the bill. He also told me that I was better off as 10mb is being rolled out and when I asked about 50mb he said that it shouldn't be too far away. I wish Id got his second name as Id have written a letter of compliment for him.

So now im paying £52 a month for XL TV, Talk Unlimited and L BB (4mb).

I don't think Il ever phone customer services again to change anything as it was obvious the first girl I spoke was not fully trained, motivated or even remotely interested in what I wanted. Don't know why companies use these out-sourced call centres, of course its cheaper but the service is despicable.:td:

wtaylor82
13-02-2008, 19:08
I would just like to add my piece to this.

As someone who has worked in the industry and also worked in the environment I found it a pain that there was some genuine customers that had real reasons they want to cancel and then there was the customers who simply wanted to get what they could.

The important thing to remember is that NTL will have a retention tool package in place, this will take into account the time you have been with the company, the package your on and your profitability to them. Payment history is sometimes scored in it, other companies policy is just to check your payment history and its up to the agent to make that decision.

The fact is if your paying £40.00 for BB, ntl will go right. The probable actual cost to them is £5.00 (an LLU line is at this figure so i am just using it is an example), so they are making £35.00 from you, then they look at the market and go actually Be there (another example) offer 24mg ADSL 2 Line for £18.00 per month, they look that you've been loyal and go ok to retain you we will give you half price bb, but take this into account there is probably another 12 month contract and at your next renewal there is going to be much change.

Or you could be Sky retentions, I remember they would just say ok bye bye

So remember its all relative. If there has been issues with your account obviously they maybe more generous like NTL was to me.

Yes i get a good deal from them but I have been a customer with NTL since they did free dialup internet. I then went to £10 dialup, then 150k bb, then 512kb bb, then TV and you get the picture.

In my eyes if your not happy about the price, shop around and move elsewhere if you think its better

Akia
13-02-2008, 21:38

Can I just add to this.

Retentions don't just give discounts for discounts sake, They have a number of packages to work from which are all tied to the number of services you have and what the different competiters offer. You've got deals to match, Sky , Talk Talk etc.

Shock horror sometimes some of these so called retention packages arn't as good as the standard packages Virgin offer.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

The important thing to remember is that NTL will have a retention tool package in place, this will take into account the time you have been with the company, the package your on and your profitability to them. Payment history is sometimes scored in it, other companies policy is just to check your payment history and its up to the agent to make that decision.

Not yet they don't, It has been tested and is more than likely coming in soon. We are told it will take into account all the above and other factors like how much you spend on your telephone, how often you call, the number of credits you've had on your account in the pass etc etc etc. It will also analize your telephone useage and make recommendations on that, something which at the moment isn't very easy.

At the moment its down to the staff that decided what package would be best for you while working within the packages avalible.

In regards to Skys retentions I've heard that it all depends whether your in a cable area or not on whether they will offer a deal to keep you. Not sure if its true but I have heard exaplems where this appears to happen

jailhouse
13-02-2008, 21:52
People, we can't really blame CS as i expect they are under a lot of pressure to with people leaving (as i am), demanding offers to stay,and having listened to it day in day out i suppose it is natural they feel that way.

I have just been onto V Mobile, and the staff there were excellent and i could not be more grateful, so not all CS are that way.

Just remember, they are people on the end of the line as well.

jh

Akia
13-02-2008, 22:01
People, we can't really blame CS as i expect they are under a lot of pressure to with people leaving (as i am), demanding offers to stay,and having listened to it day in day out i suppose it is natural they feel that way.

I have just been onto V Mobile, and the staff there were excellent and i could not be more grateful, so not all CS are that way.

Just remember, they are people on the end of the line as well.

jh

Thats not quite true. Its been really quite in the Custoemr Relations department since Xmas. So much so in the last few weeks they have been giving the staff the option of taking half days holidays becuase its so quite, Your actually quite glad when you get a call after being stat waiting for one for upto 20mins. Its was good the first week or so but now its sooo boring.

In fact its been very slow acrross all of the company.

And it is very natural to feel that way but the nice large paycheck at the end of the month soon makes you get over that feeling. I love it when customers says I don't mean to have a go at you your not paid enouth to take this abuse. well actually yes we are.

xpod
14-02-2008, 00:59
People who ring retentions are no better than those who commit benefit and tax fraud.

Cheers for the bedtime chuckle,i missed that one after my previous post in here it seems:dozey:

Anyway,people who spend their time worrying about the opinions of others,with regard to silly BB speeds and freedom of choice are no better then than the people who phone retentions,just for the sake of it:rolleyes:

Some are **** takers agreed,but surely some just want what they pay for without moving elsewhere to some "as the crow flies" adsl provider,just to most likely go through the same ole BS?.

Get over it!!