PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo and Boohoo

Noggo
11-02-2008, 17:22
Woohoo - :woot:
Finally agreed compensation with VM with the help of two very helpful peeps.

Person # 1 - VM techie, Neil who came out last week and actually did what he said and liaised with networks about my problem, then told me the actual problem (which I kind of knew anyway (UBR), but confirmation from someone else was good to here and helped when talking to person #2).

Person #2 - Customer Complaints dept 0845 *** 3131 number, Tammy for sorting out compensation for me (guess what she's suffering from the same problem with the UBR she's on and the due date for her is even later then mine).

Boohoo - :batty:
My now unusable gaming connection is not going to be fixed until the UBR is done in April (fingers cross, legs and ever part of my body crossed that this is the resolve date).

:idea:
Might use a bit of ca$h and try an ADSL gaming package on a rolling 1 month contract till May, but I need to find a good cheap ADSL router / modem to make that viable though. Any suggestions on what make / model to go for as you don't get one as part of the deal on a month contract (wired one, not wireless)?????

Laters,

Sinth
11-02-2008, 18:15
Nice one m8, can you tell me why my pings (on your other post) are great but downloading a test file is crap? lol

Edit, what are you playing? UT3?

Noggo
11-02-2008, 23:43
I don't know why, but mines the reverse of yours ATM with rubbish latency and alright download speeds. The download speeds have returned the last few days with 19Mbps day time and 10 or so in the evenings. VM have been doing a bit of regional work locally to me tho which might account for speed increase in evening. That or everyone local to me is fed up and switched off eheh. I wish it wasn't tho, much prefer playing on-line games than downloading rubbish.

Pings to jolt before 20M upgrade, where 18-25ms all the time from where I'm in the midlands. After upgrade it has gone from bad to unplayable now, with 18-80ms and looking like the Manhattan Skyline.

Re games, I mainly play Quake 3 or 4, with a bit of UT 2k4 now and again. I have got UT3 loaded but my Bro mainly plays it (but not lately of course).

Laters,