PDA

View Full Version : VM box cutting out DVD feed

chrisjones
10-02-2008, 12:38
Hi.
Since having a nice new VM box installed (yeah the got it right eventually! :-P) it seems to be interfering with my DVD feed. During DVD playback the AV ch jumps to the other channel causing me to change it back every 10 mins or so.

Anyone else have this issue?

OH BTW the VM box is always off when this happens.

multiskilled
10-02-2008, 17:17
Check your scart leads are pushed fully in on all pieces of equipment.

chrisjones
10-02-2008, 18:05
Will do, thanks

multiskilled
10-02-2008, 18:30
Will do, thanks

let us know if it cures problem, as it nice to have a feedback.Thanks.

chrisjones
11-02-2008, 19:27
let us know if it cures problem, as it nice to have a feedback.Thanks.

Nope happened again today - it used to happen when I left the freeview box on whist using the DVD player, the freeview box would overide somehow.

So the question is, even on standby does the VM box still try to access somehow?

spiderplant
11-02-2008, 20:12
Are you saying you used to have a Freeview box that did it, and now your new cable box also does it? If so, I'd suspect your TV.

I take it both DVD and cable box are both plugged into separate sockets on the TV? Try swapping them round. Or daisy-chain one through the other.

chrisjones
11-02-2008, 20:53
Yeah, suppose I could get a splitter. Do they still cause nasty shadow's these days?

Martindf3
12-02-2008, 11:38
Hi.
Since having a nice new VM box installed (yeah the got it right eventually! :-P) it seems to be interfering with my DVD feed. During DVD playback the AV ch jumps to the other channel causing me to change it back every 10 mins or so.

Anyone else have this issue?

OH BTW the VM box is always off when this happens.

Easy this one ------ go into setting I think it is audio and display, at the bottom of the screen change the box that says-- do you want VM to auto grab TV ( it even grabs the set when switched off .Regards Martin

VMInstaller
25-02-2008, 13:05
Why dont you just put the v+ box on standby

chrisjones
25-02-2008, 16:05
Why dont you just put the v+ box on standby
lol it was on standby. Still switched the AV channel for some reason.

Martindf3
25-02-2008, 23:01
lol it was on standby. Still switched the AV channel for some reason.

yes it does still switch on stand by seems like VM instaler doesn't know that