PDA

View Full Version : Dialing out a problem on philips SE635 DECT Cordless

Daveo40
09-02-2008, 20:35
Sometime when I dial out it rings and seems to connect then disconnects. Virgin have been out and checked the line etc but say it seems to be mt phone. It only happens at odd times there is no real pattern. There are other times when the phone works perfectly. I feel it may be interference from a wifi somewhere but have tried moving the base station a little but still no real solution. Any Ideas?

haydnwalker
09-02-2008, 22:31
Well one obvious thing would be: Have you changed the phone to a non-cordless one to see if it still happens?

Might be a pain to do if you don't have one to hand but if you go to your local Argos you can get a cheap one and take it back on 10-day returns once you've tested it...naughty really but legal :)

Angua
09-02-2008, 22:34
Always worth having a cheap corded phone in case of power cuts.

Daveo40
09-02-2008, 23:01
Thanks and yes I have tried a corded phone, have now tried another (Binatone) don't laugh cordless which seems to work when the other does not. Have sent email to philips so will see what they say. It is probably the phone itself but thanks for your input. Have also tried the base unit in different places around the house. but it is difficult to make an accurate diagnosis as intermitent problem. Thanks again (or did i say this to many times)