PDA

View Full Version : All by myself

eddcase
09-02-2008, 13:25
My 4mb connection is rock solid and will soon be increased to 10mb for free. I recently had to contact my ISP and was refunded all my call charges, given a free month for my inconvenience and later contacted by polite customer services who were checking my situation had been resolved. The tech guy I spoke to in India conversed with me in my language and he was helpful, patient and probably more academically qualified than I am.

But I'm not happy and I blame Virgin Media. I have nothing to complain about and it's making me feel very unloved on this forum.

Virgin, you have let me down.

Ok guys, how am I doin'? Can I join the moaners club now please? :p::D:angel:;)

Sinth
09-02-2008, 14:10
:)

KaySquirrel
09-02-2008, 14:52

Unfortunately, you do not meet the minimun required usage of the CAPS LOCK key.

Application denied

*stamps your post with red ink* :p:

Cobbydaler
09-02-2008, 15:17
Computer says no... :(

Sirpingalot
09-02-2008, 15:31
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/02/61.png

When is departure?

eddcase
09-02-2008, 17:51
Unfortunately, you do not meet the minimun required usage of the CAPS LOCK key.

Application denied

*stamps your post with red ink* :p:

DAMN! So near and yet so far. Today my 4mb line tested consistently at only 3940kbps. THIS IS A SHAMELESS RIPOFF!!! I expect a refund of 0.017p immediately and for it to be brought by Kylie (in her gold hotpants) :p:.

Albie
09-02-2008, 20:43
My 4mb connection is rock solid and will soon be increased to 10mb for free. I recently had to contact my ISP and was refunded all my call charges, given a free month for my inconvenience and later contacted by polite customer services who were checking my situation had been resolved. The tech guy I spoke to in India conversed with me in my language and he was helpful, patient and probably more academically qualified than I am.

But I'm not happy and I blame Virgin Media. I have nothing to complain about and it's making me feel very unloved on this forum.

How long have you been working for Virgin? :LOL:

eth01
09-02-2008, 21:36

? :)

eddcase
10-02-2008, 00:28

Uuum, well, never actually. The question seems to come up everytime someone says something positive about VM *sigh*.

I'm simply saying it as it is for me. Some people are having service problems and they deserve to have them put right but there are those who post to the forum every time they have a speed dip, or they feel they are paying too much, or they feel they are being unfairly capped or whatever before giving VM a chance to address their issue.

This is a great forum for advice but what advice can you give to those who have an attitude of "Life just ain't fair"? I mean, give VM a chance ;).

KaySquirrel
10-02-2008, 09:45
I'm simply saying it as it is for me. Some people are having service problems and they deserve to have them put right but there are those who post to the forum every time they have a speed dip, or they feel they are paying too much, or they feel they are being unfairly capped or whatever before giving VM a chance to address their issue.

The only thing VM had been consistently good about for us has been our broadband service. :) We've had to contact tech support once, and our experience was as pleasant as yours! (For everything else.. :rolleyes: But we're leaving VM so it's a moot point now anyway!) If the area we were moving to was a Vigin cabled area, we'd definitely be staying on with them, for the internet only.

xspeedyx
10-02-2008, 09:58
Even Virgin have said and made it clear they are now got a big focus on broadband as that was and stil is NTL/Telewest/Virgins best service

eddcase
10-02-2008, 11:49
Yeah, well I don't mean to be winding up people who are having problems - but there are two sides to every story. And anyway, the guys that run this forum must wonder sometimes if they are just hosting a "have a go at Virgin" club rather than a resource that provides assistance.

I mean, Virgin tech's come on here in their own time to help out and all they read is supposedly how bad their Company is. That will breed apathy, we're all human after all.

I regard myself to be very fortunate to live in a cabled area and will be with VM for a very long time - it seems to me the customers can help too in getting the best service possible and that involves not endlessly moaning about things and giving VM a chance to sort your issues out for you. It's a win/win. It was probably the moaners that brought about the demise of Evesham; a home grown business gone down the swanee is not in our best interests.

Oh, and every now and then VM give us free upgrades which is nice ;).

ShadowTD
11-02-2008, 09:57
They've also given me free Xbox live for a year.

I'm with you. VM customer for 2 years now (at least for their broadband) and very few complaints.

eddcase
11-02-2008, 21:50
They've also given me free Xbox live for a year.

I'm with you. VM customer for 2 years now (at least for their broadband) and very few complaints.

Sounds fair to me :).

I know internet problems are a real pain and I hope people can get theirs sorted out as soon as possible but the time to complain is when (and if) VM fail....not before contacting them!

xspeedyx
11-02-2008, 21:54
They are upgrading all the UBR's that need to be upgraded atm all for the 10Mb upgrade I was reading it all at work its great

eddcase
11-02-2008, 21:57
They are upgrading all the UBR's that need to be upgraded atm all for the 10Mb upgrade I was reading it all at work its great

There you go :). Any minute now, there'll be a few more smiling faces around here.

xspeedyx
11-02-2008, 22:02
Just remebered my upgrade date is the 17th may or something not too bad I suppose I dont need my full speed anyways never downlad that much too notice and tbh even if I am STM'd be quicker than a 3Mb adsl line which is the quickest adsl line I could get.

I have all VM services and have gotta say I like the bb the best thats why I was happy to see all the upgrades

eddcase
11-02-2008, 22:12
Just remebered my upgrade date is the 17th may or something not too bad I suppose I dont need my full speed anyways never downlad that much too notice and tbh even if I am STM'd be quicker than a 3Mb adsl line which is the quickest adsl line I could get.

I have all VM services and have gotta say I like the bb the best thats why I was happy to see all the upgrades

Yep. There are people on the forum who are suffering but I think that even those who decide to leave VM do so reluctantly. The grass isn't always greener on the other side after all. I hope this round of upgrades helps. I don't know if I'm in line for one or when it will be but patience is a virtue :)

tweetypie/8
12-02-2008, 00:01

not yet !! but your getting there.;)

xpod
12-02-2008, 00:23
ue, 12 Feb 2008 00:10:47 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 118 ms = 8678 KB/sec, approx 71507 Kbps, 69.83 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 117 ms = 8752.1 KB/sec, approx 72117 Kbps, 70.43 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 112 ms = 9142.9 KB/sec, approx 75337 Kbps, 73.57 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 2118 ms = 967 KB/sec, approx 7968 Kbps, 7.78 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 56732 Kbps, 55.4 Mbps

I`ve had enough o this .....i`m going to bed now.

here,you lot have it
ue, 12 Feb 2008 00:12:52 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 119 ms = 8605 KB/sec, approx 70905 Kbps, 69.24 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 148 ms = 6918.9 KB/sec, approx 57012 Kbps, 55.68 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 117 ms = 8752.1 KB/sec, approx 72117 Kbps, 70.43 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 508 ms = 4031.5 KB/sec, approx 33220 Kbps, 32.44 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 58314 Kbps, 56.95 Mbps

20Mb indeed......tch.They`ll be hearing from me about this 50Mb rubbish:rolleyes:
Soon as i`ve had my coco pops in the morning..Wan...i mean Carpals Tunnel is also back,with a vengance. so i also need to fit the quack in but i`ll squeeze VM in too.
I`ll manage to squeeze a whine in regardless i`m sure;)

:sleep:

eddcase
12-02-2008, 01:30
You like Coco Pops? That's a good sign ;)

jo.v
12-02-2008, 08:58
It's a fact that people complain more than sing appraises.. its quite sad really.

tubbles
12-02-2008, 10:16
I'd like to agree, I know about four or five people in my area that are on broadband and they are all on virgin, apart from a problem with high ping rates was here for a weekend everything has been very good. Most are on the 2-4mb bb so perhaps that could be why we are ok. I suppose the truth will out when the upgrades come as, a number of problems came on this forum when people tried to improve their speeds up to 20mb. hopefully I live in one of those areas where me and my four friends are the only ones on virgin :) (no over subscription)

I think the phrase "I'm all right Jack" springs to mind. And long may my good service remain.

xpod
12-02-2008, 10:38
You like Coco Pops? That's a good sign

So does the wife funnily enough,the two i have on my lower right & armpit respectively:)

She`s just waiting on them becoming melanomas and me popping my clogs:D

Beats getting just half she reckons:dozey:

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Thats better,back to some decent speeds:D
I dont want my ISO`s dowloading faster than i can burn them:D

Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:36:30 GMT

Test 1: 1024K took 464 ms = 2206.9 KB/sec, approx 18185 Kbps, 17.76 Mbps
Test 2: 1024K took 428 ms = 2392.5 KB/sec, approx 19714 Kbps, 19.25 Mbps
Test 3: 1024K took 395 ms = 2592.4 KB/sec, approx 21361 Kbps, 20.86 Mbps
Test 4: 2048K took 883 ms = 2319.4 KB/sec, approx 19112 Kbps, 18.66 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 19593 Kbps, 19.13 Mbps

Noggo
12-02-2008, 15:07
its quite sad really.

Since when as it been sad to complain? When you pay good money for a service and you expect it to come near to what is advertised and when you do get a problem for it to be resolved as quickly as possible, not half a year after it started. To be honest I'm not surprised by the amount of people here not singing and dancing about VM ATM (or moaning as you put it), with the amount of customers affected by the problems that the 20M upgrade has brought about.

I don't go around praising Sky TV for a service which I currently pay £ 45 / month for, which has never missed a beat in nearly 15 years, but if asked I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I could have said that about Telewest / VM before October last year, but now I tell people to do some homework and find out about what sort of state the local connection is like or consider alternatives like ADSL2+ if it's speed they're after, as BT currently seam to be upgrading a lot of exchanges lately. I would hate to put them in the same boat I'm in.

eddcase
12-02-2008, 22:09
I don't think anyone would question the right to complain but it's all about balance. Repetitive unwarranted complaint ties up VM staff when they could be busy improving the network for me and you. It's the customer that funds customer services. If they are bombarded with spurious complaints it takes longer to help out the people who genuinely need it.

Albie
12-02-2008, 23:56
I don't think anyone would question the right to complain but it's all about balance. Repetitive unwarranted complaint ties up VM staff when they could be busy improving the network for me and you. It's the customer that funds customer services. If they are bombarded with spurious complaints it takes longer to help out the people who genuinely need it.

I knew you worked for Virgin. This confirmns it. :LOL:

Noggo
13-02-2008, 13:39
but it's all about balance.

How can it be all about balance, if you're got a problem you get in contact. It's just because there are major problems in some areas ATM doesn't mean you don't ring.

But I do agree on this one:
If they are bombarded with spurious complaints it takes longer to help out the people who genuinely need it.
If peeps would take the time and do some simple tasks (antivirus scans, spyware scans, checking schedules for any local maintenance issues, checking with spare PC/laptop, check modem signals / logs to see if there any issues there etc) before they get in contact would reduce VM work load.

It might be advisable for VM to educate the customer with a simple `to do' sheet, with easy checks, before contacting (pass it on will ya, as you work for them ;)).

eddcase
13-02-2008, 16:48
It might be advisable for VM to educate the customer with a simple `to do' sheet, with easy checks, before contacting (pass it on will ya, as you work for them ;)).

Well, they are trying - they do give all their customers free AV software.

I knew you worked for Virgin. This confirmns it.

No, for the umpteenth time, I don't. Is it so hard to believe that VM have customers who are content?