PDA

View Full Version : why is my internet barely working at 2am?

street
09-02-2008, 02:02
Its so frustrating why wont it work! webpages taking minutes to load :( a 50mb file taking hours to download :( im on 4mg and get this...

Downstream Receive Power Level : -4.00 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 20.75 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.25 dBmv

speedtest comes back as... *waits 5 minutes for speedtest.net to load*...well i cant tell you as it doesnt even get past the ping stage :( why am i paying £25 a month for this? :(

so why aint it working? :( plz sumbody help me.... its been in this state for weeks...

Keane
09-02-2008, 02:22
Typically any upgrades that could cause a loss of service, or seriously impact the service is left until around this time of the night. It's possible some sort of maintainance is being done and that's affecting your connection.

spiderplant
09-02-2008, 09:38

so why aint it working? :( plz sumbody help me.... its been in this state for weeks...

Your SNR is far too low. You need to get a tech out to look at it.

eddcase
09-02-2008, 10:48
Its so frustrating why wont it work! webpages taking minutes to load :( a 50mb file taking hours to download :( im on 4mg and get this...

Downstream Receive Power Level : -4.00 dBmv
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 52.25 dBmv

speedtest comes back as... *waits 5 minutes for speedtest.net to load*...well i cant tell you as it doesnt even get past the ping stage :( why am i paying £25 a month for this? :(

Have you asked VM why your service isn't good at the moment?