PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage

Sketchwald
07-02-2008, 23:03
Hey,

Hope someone knows what the hell is goin on with my connection!
I've been getting the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" message ever since i returned my pc to factory settings i.e wiping the hard drive.

On my PC i am running Windows XP, with Internet Explorer7 connected through a wireless connection also with my laptop (Vista, IE7) connected, but there are no problems with the laptop connecting to the internet at all.
It appears to be just internet explorer on my pc. I also have no problem connecting to my itunes store through itunes on the pc, or downloading updates.

I have searched the web for answers & i've tryed inputting my IP, DNS servers manualy etc, etc. & i've also tryed using proxy servers..although mostly i don't know what the hell i'm doing!:dunce:

Any kind of help or inspiration would be great!

Thanks!:)

haydnwalker
07-02-2008, 23:05
Checked your LAN Settings in IE7's Internet options (under connections tab) make sure either: everything's unticked or that the box that says "automatically detect settings" is ticked and that there's no proxy set...

Have you tried connecting directly to router with LAN cable to see if its a problem with the wireless only?

Sketchwald
07-02-2008, 23:23
Checked your LAN Settings in IE7's Internet options (under connections tab) make sure either: everything's unticked or that the box that says "automatically detect settings" is ticked and that there's no proxy set...

Have you tried connecting directly to router with LAN cable to see if its a problem with the wireless only?

Yeah, i've been thru everything in IE7's options. I've even followed tutorials online to make shure everything is checked or unchecked.

I had to connect to the router when i was setting up my wireless network after wiping the hard drive & everything worked fine then. :confused: