PDA

View Full Version : FM cable feeds

ratice
06-02-2008, 18:12
For years I have made use of the radio feeds on my cable. When the cable was first installed a separate wall box was fitted to supply the RF feeds and I have made use of about 20 stations via my HiFi receiver. I value this as we are in a poor FM reception area due to multi-path distortion. All feeds are now ruined by a very high level of noise. I have spoken to Tech Support [in India] but they obviuosly have no knowledge of this service. From the suggestions made I don't think my problem was even understood. How do I contact a real engineer in VM?
ratty

punky
06-02-2008, 18:18
:welcome: to the forum.

I have moved your post out of the articles section (which is reserved for reference articles) into the main forum, which is for queries and help.

Nedkelly
06-02-2008, 20:25
Ratice which area do live in as someone in that area might be able to help :)

ratice
06-02-2008, 22:16
I live in Reigate Surrey.
ratty

BenMcr
07-02-2008, 00:16
I'm sure people on here may be able to offer assistance on it.

However, at this stage, as far as I know the FM relay service is unsupported, the same as the analogue bypass.

There is no way to get a tech from Virgin out to fix it. The only supported radio service with Virgin are radio stations avaliable through the STB

ratice
08-02-2008, 17:40
Having checked a few more stations I have some which are noise free. I suspect that the equipment supplying these feeds is in a locked room somewhere, gathering dust and the key has been lost. I give up.
ratice

VMInstaller
25-02-2008, 13:07
For years I have made use of the radio feeds on my cable. When the cable was first installed a separate wall box was fitted to supply the RF feeds and I have made use of about 20 stations via my HiFi receiver. I value this as we are in a poor FM reception area due to multi-path distortion. All feeds are now ruined by a very high level of noise. I have spoken to Tech Support [in India] but they obviuosly have no knowledge of this service. From the suggestions made I don't think my problem was even understood. How do I contact a real engineer in VM?
ratty

We are told to remove the 2port isolator that gives the fm feed so to be honest VM wont give a hoot

altis
25-02-2008, 13:41
VM don't seem to care about this useful service any more. You could try posting over at Chetnet where Proppin' or someone may pick it up.
http://www.chetnet.co.uk/portal/forum/

More info about the FM hookup on my FAQs page:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/altisuk/fm/