PDA

View Full Version : Virgin.Mobile and virgin.Media Help really needed PLEASE .

Delta.Pete
06-02-2008, 01:28
Hi all id like to say hi to all being new plus i really hope there are some clever people out there to help me .
:)

Excuse my typing im reg disabled and find it somewhat difficult but i cope i hope youll excuse any mistakes .

Its a case of not being able to send any emails from any of my mobiles ive a Sony W950i i use because typing by mobile its hard for me to do , my Nokia 6233 has always been fine with emailing back and forth so has my boxed up older Sony w300i but now all of them will not send on the same day and that is how it remains .

Im not sure where to begin really ive 3 mobile phones to oldish ones and my favorite SonyW950i and before anyone asks ive got all the correct settings ive had them confirmed by Virgin.Mobile and ive treble checked them too etc etc .

On friday the 1.2.08 i was checking my emails like i do as i use my mobile alot to email i find it easy than txting etc because of the stylus i use but thats another story .

I download ed them and all was well Ive copied and pasted the letters i wrote to the forums save me typing it all again you see i have all the correct settings and ive tried driving out of the area to see if it was a mast ive even removed a not os used email address and made a new one did the help nope !

I hope you get the idea of what im on about its basically ie not been able to send emails from my 3 mboiles since the 1.2.08 but i san still recive them .

Any help id be rally grateful for or if any of you have had this problem and the cure .

Copy of letters i hope you all dont mind reading it i know i go on but im only trying to explain the best i can . Ive even joined a forum Called The Consumer Action Group for any advise and a chap called rory32 has been advising me and gave me this website so this is why im here ,i hope im welcome ?

copy of letter follows plus link to blog site where a chap is having mega problem with you guessed it Virgin.Media but it looks as if there are 2 managers willing to now help because he's gone public so if i shout hard enough maybe id get some help i really hope i do im lost without my emailing its as if ive lost my right arm .I hope ive not sent to many of you to asleep but if you have manged to read all thank you and well done .Regards Delta.Pete (Pete)

Letter and address follows I hope its of some help to me and any of you ?

Link to website that could be of interest to most of you plus ive posted a letter of help wanted etc .

http://www.crackunit.com/2007/02/12/virgin-media-really-sucks/

[url]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk

The Forum ive joined to see if they can help also ,i really hope someone can very soon .

Default Re: Virgin.Mobile /Virgin.Media I need Help And Advise Please !
Hi Pete and welcome to CAG. For future reference you will find you are more likely to get a reply on long posts like yours if you use paragraphs.

Have you tried complaining the old fashioned way and writing to them? Best to send it recorded delivery if you do.

Complaints to Virgin Media can be made in writing to:
Virgin Media
PO BOX 219
Newport
NP10 8UG

Alternatively phone and ask to speak to their retentions or exec office departments. Retentions seem to be one of the few departments who can actually do something.

If you do write to them and they don't deal with your complaint you can then go to CISAS. Unfortunately CISAS allow them 3 months to resolve your complaint
rory32 is online now Add to rory32's Reputation Report Post
D
Delta.Pete
Basic Account Customer

Delta.Pete Novitiate

Unhappy Re: Virgin.Mobile /Virgin.Media I need Help And Advise Please !
Thank you rory32 your reply is most welcome ,funny you should say that ! I wrote to them only the other day but today i receive a phone call from a lady who gave me her first name ,and the name of her managers from Virgin.Mobile .

She was very mmmm how do you say humble but she told me she has done everything possible with the advise of the technical team and have found out that all system are correct and there is no problem with the Mobile side of it ! She has now informed me that she will forward the emails i have sent to her to Virgin.Media oh no i told her that ive emailed them over 10 times and no replies ,she said she was very sorry and i said its not you its Virgin.Media, i asked her how long would it be before i hear from them and she replied she was unaware of there turn around time when it came to the emailing of the technical team .

She went on to say thats they have looked at all possibilities with regard to there set up and cannot find any faults so they believe its a case of Virgin.Media being my email provider and the problem should lie with them .

I dread to think how long this will drag on but at least ive one name the Managers of her department .All through the conversation it was sorry about that sorry about this but i said at least after nearly 72 hours ive spoken to a real voice .

So now where do i go ? I ve never had any joy when it comes to Virgin.Media and im dreading every moment . I cannot still send out emails so no change there but am able to receive ,whilst i have you help and attention have you any idea why this is happening ? or heard of any case such as mine ? .

I hope ive spaced out my typing some what like ive said all skills in that department have well nearly vanished ,so please excuse my typing and spacing too (paragraphs ) Thank you and Regards Pete .
Delta.Pete
Delta.Pete
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Delta.Pete
Find More Posts by Delta.Pete
Add Delta.Pete to Your Buddy List
Old Yesterday, 20:46 #4 (permalink)
rory32

Are you getting an error code when sending e-mail?

A site that I would recommend you have a look at (as you may get some help there) is ntlhellworld. It was originally set up for people who had problems with NTL, which of course is now Virgin Media. If you have a look at the forums there you may find someone who has experienced the same problem.
rory32 is online now Add to rory32's Reputation Report Post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
rory32
View Public Profile
Send a private message to rory32
Find More Posts by rory32
Add rory32 to Your Buddy List
Old Yesterday, 21:24 #5 (permalink)
Delta.Pete
Basic Account Customer

Delta.Pete Novitiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory32 View Post
Are you getting an error code when sending e-mail?

A site that I would recommend you have a look at (as you may get some help there) is ntlhellworld. It was originally set up for people who had problems with NTL, which of course is now Virgin Media. If you have a look at the forums there you may find someone who has experienced the same problem.
Hi rory32.

Well on the Sony W950i i get the message SMTP SERVER REFUSED TO ALLOW CONNECTION . if im correct its in capitals .

But the Nokia233 goes of into well a continued process of : Sending email until either i or it has enough and its says unable to send .

.Then the Sony W300i does a simply unable to send.

But like ive said all of them have the settings confirmed and correct and they all are able to receive no problems what so ever ,talk about weird ! Plus this all happened on the Friday the 13th no should of though wouldn't you of thought ? Friday the 1.2.08 at about 10.30 to 11am and ever since then ive been unable to send out my emails via my mobiles.

Ive driven out of the area hoping that it may of been a mast ,no luck there either . Thanks rory32 all help gratefully received as they say !

Delta.Pete
06-02-2008, 17:31
Hi All,

Im still in need ANY HELP from anyone who maybe knows what is going on with my mobiles on virgin.Network plus using my Email addresses from virgin.net ive never ever had any problems until now ,has anyone any ideas or suggestions please to help me in this matter. Thank you Regards Pete !

Cerberus
06-02-2008, 18:15
:welcome:

Just give me a few minutes to look through all of your original post. I will try and help if I can. Mobile's are second nature to me as I have worked for O2 & 3, but give me a few mins.

Rest assured there is always somebody about on CF to help people out.

-Edit-

Ok this looks like a POP3 Outgoing setting that is incorrect or not present on your SE w950i handset, which would explain why you are unable to send emails. Your incoming settings look fine as you can receive emails.

Who is your mobile phone network provider? O2, 3, Voda, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin???
What is the second part of your email address (@ntlworld.com, @blueyonder.co.uk)?

You may also wish to consult the w950i Product Manual which you should have. If not you can download one from here (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/172/393/1192992137/W950i__UG_R2a_EN.pdf).

Its in .pdf format so you will need adobe acrobat reader to view it. Refer to the section regarding setting up Internet,email & MMS (Page 65 of the manual). Have a read through that and follow the instructions given. I think all you will need are the outgoing settings for your mail provider, in this case Virgin Media. Which you should have or you can obtain these over the phone or if some kind person, can post here.

Delta.Pete
06-02-2008, 19:10
Just give me a few minutes to look through all of your original post. I will try and help if I can. Mobile's are second nature to me as I have worked for O2 & 3, but give me a few mins.

Rest assured there is always somebody about on CF to help folk out.

Oh & :welcome:

-Edit-

Ok this looks like a POP3 Outgoing setting that is incorrect or not present on your SE w950i handset, which would explain why you are unable to send emails. Your incoming settings look fine as you can receive emails.

Who is your mobile phone network provider? O2, 3, Voda, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin???
What is the second part of your email address (@ntlworld.com, @blueyonder.co.uk)?

You may also wish to consult the w950i Product Manual which you should have. If not you can download one from here (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/download/1/172/393/1192992137/W950i__UG_R2a_EN.pdf).

Its in .pdf format so you will need adobe acrobat reader to view it. Refer to the section regarding setting up Internet,email & MMS (Page 65 of the manual). Have a read through that and follow the instructions given. I think all you will need are the outgoing settings for your mail provider, in this case Virgin Media. Which you should have or you can obtain these over the phone or if some kind person, can post here.

Hi and thank you for your welcome Cerberus ! :)

The settings are ok for the pop outward settings , im with Virgin .Network and they have checked my setting over the phone and i can tell you them of by heart ,and its not just my Sony W950i its my Nokia 6233 and my old sony W300i too they all stopped being able to send emails via all of the mentioned mobiles same time same day talk about weird :confused: .

My email addresses end in Virgin.net and having 5 of them is quite useful ive never had any problems with emailing via any of my mobiles before until the dreaded 1.2.08at about 10.30 to 11am thats when ive been uable to send but im fine in receiving still .

The settings are outgoing smtp.virgin.net plus ive to use SMTP authentication box ticked plus ive been told to use inbox login details ive even been able to use mail.virgin.net too as a outgoing settings ,this is where its all very strange ive had the settings sent over from virgin.Network too and they can confirm that all is correct there end but think the problem lies with my email provider virgin.net /virgin.Media ?

so this is why now they have sent there details to Virgin.Media but ive sent 10 emails and not one reply in now 5 days !

Ive checked my nokia 6233 and the settings tally up too plus do the settings on my Sony w300i this is the real problem id understand if it was just one mobile but all of them have topped working same time and day and before then all was fine . I hope thats given you some idea of what is going on please be assured the settings have been treble checked back and forth ,so this is why im really stuck ,and any help is really needed .:(

I hope this may point you in the right direction id be pleased to learn anything but the setting are fine ive been assured . Many Thanks Pete .:)

Cerberus
06-02-2008, 19:22
Have you tried here (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/products/e-mail/w950i?cc=gb&lc=en)

Input your details as asked within the drop down boxes and see what happens, it should send you some settings via SMS. Also power off the handset and remove the SIM card and give the gold contact a wipe with a soft,dry and clean cloth. Pop the SIM back into the handset and try again to send an outgoing email.

Is it a PAYG handset or a Pay Monthly handset? If it's PAYG check you have enough credit. If Pay Monthly check Virgin haven't put a GPRS bar on your account, also check that your plan allows for mobile data, email usage and GPRS usage.

Do you have another email account you can use like Gmail? Just for testing purposes. I would like to see if it works on another email provider.

How many bars of signal do you have on your handset?

Delta.Pete
06-02-2008, 19:44
Have you tried here (http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/products/e-mail/w950i?cc=gb&lc=en)

Input your details as asked within the drop down boxes and see what happens, it should send you some settings via SMS. Also power off the handset and remove the SIM card and give the gold contact a wipe with a soft,dry and clean cloth. Pop the SIM back into the handset and try again to send an outgoing email.

Is it a PAYG handset or a Pay Monthly handset? If it's PAYG check you have enough credit. If Pay Monthly check Virgin haven't put a GPRS bar on your account, also check that your plan allows for mobile data, email usage and GPRS usage.

Do you have another email account you can use like Gmail? Just for testing purposes. I would like to see if it works on another email provider.

How many bars of signal do you have on your handset?

Hi ,Thanks for helping me :), PAYG to your questions ,yes i have been to the site you gave me and because Virgin.net are not supported by sony saying either outdated info or to that effect so this is why i did it the hard way , i also tried and removed a email address that i didnt use very much and made a new one but that didnt work either ,i dont have any other email addresses as 5 is greedy anyway ,but i see your point i was thinking the very same thing if i had another email address other than virgin.net i could try and input the details etc to see if that worked and if it did ,we know where the problem lies .

I have enough credit after Virgin.Network refunded me the £20.00 i spent doing as i was told by them and getting the very same settings ,i have excellent signal were i live maximum bars i have 3g and gprs and have tied both to now joy ,im about to try the removing of the sim etc ,but this does not explain why my other 2 mobiles have been also unable to send since that dreaded day ? :confused:

I shall reply shortly with regard the removing and cleaning of my sim ! Regards Pete .

---------- Post added at 19:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Hi , Shame no joy with trying to send a email after i had taken out the sim and gave it a good clean with a dry free lint cloth ,funny had a thought that may of worked but alas no im sorry to say .:erm:

Cerberus
06-02-2008, 20:54
Ok can you try and sign up for another mail provider and then we can take it from there. Google Mail (https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-10af89e76e4b92c8ea632d0aa4986dca-9372d025a8401521b3c2a652b039722d8551072a&type=2&gd=1) is free with lots of storage too.

Sign up for that and input the settings on your mobile and we can take it from there.

You'd be surprised. A SIM wipe can resolve lots of issues.

Delta.Pete
07-02-2008, 21:06
Ok can you try and sign up for another mail provider and then we can take it from there. Google Mail (https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount?service=mail&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2Fe-11-10af89e76e4b92c8ea632d0aa4986dca-9372d025a8401521b3c2a652b039722d8551072a&type=2&gd=1) is free with lots of storage too.

Sign up for that and input the settings on your mobile and we can take it from there.

You'd be surprised. A SIM wipe can resolve lots of issues.

Hi Cerberus :)

Many thanks for all of your help most kind , im off to go and sign up to Gmail , if your about on the 7.2.08, i will reply back as im off to do this now ! I really hope it works ,do they give you all the settings eg port eg 110 25 etc etc ? Or is that a silly question :confused:

The time is 19.05pm give me a few minutes and i will report back :erm: and hope is all well be good if works because im sure you'll agree if it is the case its Virgin.Media at fault wouldn't you think ? Be back shortly Pete :) PS Still the same by the way with all of my mobiles still able to receive on all and still unable to send and not one reply back from Virgin.Media :mad: and thats now after 6 days and thats with Virgin.Mobile sending then a couple on my behalf too,two days ago now .

How can a company be so useless 10 emails and 2 from there own sister company too and not one reply :shocked:

---------- Post added at 19:53 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

Hi Cerberus .

Ive set up a GMAIL account but do i set up my mobile , is it to pop or IMAP settings in new email account on my mobile ? . I think ive found the settings for IMAP but not pop as my mobile seems to be listed , i think and thats a big think to IMAP .:confused:

I await a reply before i go putting in settings into my mobile just in case plus it looks as if i have to activate pop in GMAIL is that correct also ?

Hope your about soon or if anyone else can help if Cerberus is not about as i'm on hold just in case .Regards Pete :)

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Hi :)

IT WORKS IVE DONE IT :shocked: only on google mail though but took me a bit of fiddling like setting up pop to be allowed funny that and ssl and tls on my mobile but it works like a dream ,so now its the dreaded virgin.Media ,so what do you think it is now ? :confused:

All setup on my thunderbird too well chuffed at least for the moment ive emailing back on my mobile thanks to you my friend ,but id love to get my Vrigin emailing back online via my mobile though because those 5 email addresses are needed .im pinning my hope on you sorry to say .:( Excuse the typing im to chuffed ,so now it proves mobile is fine and so are the other ones too ! Wait till you get back to me .:)Pete

Cerberus
07-02-2008, 22:47
Rather than jumping the gun, let's not blame Virgin Media just yet. Lets see what happens with another mail provider before we criticise! ;)

For Gmails POP3 settings which is the same settings you will need on your SE w950i you can find here (http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=13287).

Let me know how you get on.

If I don't reply straight away, then I will be busy playing Call Of Duty 4 or doing something else. Not to worry I always get an email notification and will reply at my earliest convenience.

Thanks for understanding.

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Also no mobile provider I know will allow IMAP4 on a normal handset unless you have a Blackberry.

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Seen your added post. Sorry too much to drink tonight. My advice is go back to Virgin and tell them you've tried another mail client and it works fine, so that rules out the handset settings and the mobile network settings. It's the mail providers settings that are incorrect. Double check your outgoing server settings.

You could also set up forwarding on your virgin.net email account to your Gmail account, so that all emails sent to your virgin account will be delivered to your Gmail inbox. That way you can still stay in touch on all 5 virgin accounts from one Gmail account. Speak to Virgin in the mean time and let me know what they say.

Right I am off to finish my Stella :)

Delta.Pete
07-02-2008, 23:28
Hi ,

Many Thanks , enjoy your stella , im more a guiness man myself but all to there own ! :D

Im most grateful for all of you help you made it alot more bearable :)

You must of read my mind ive done just that ive set up my emails to be sent to my 2 Gmail accounts ,but like you said it doesnt get away from the fact im still no better of with Virgin.net email addresses ive even checked my out going settings over and over and even managed to put on the Gmail account on my Nokia so i cant be that much of a :dunce: .

I think its going to be a very long wait ive sent 11 emails now to Virgin.Media plus ive had 2 emails sent From Virgin.Mobile as we spoke on the phone ,the lady assured me that it was being sent as we spoke , she only gave me her first name and refused to give me her surname but she gave me her managers name a Mr Matthew Hill who was in charge of the department i was told !:(

Ive sent rory32 a private message asking for his assistance to further my cause and stated ive had alot of help from you for which im most grateful ,id buy you a beer (stella ) or i could always mail you one via Virgin.Media ,be a very longtime before you got it though ,be vintage ,my effort at a joke oh well speak soon , Thanks again . :)

PS If anyone out there has a quicker way to get Virgin.Media to contact me apart from walking in the front door id be grateful for any ideas ,im not hanging on th 0906 number anymore plus the chap i spoke to had no idea what so ever !:rolleyes: Regards Pete .

PS If anyone wishes to contact me privately please do so ,if worried the Men in Black from Virgin.Media will take you away :D

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

Cerberus

Before i forget im more of a Battlefield 2 fan , you may see me on there easy name for you to remember Delta.Pete still only a Sergent not sure without looking if 1st class or not :erm: but don't play as much as i use to ,use to love Hidden and Dangerous 2 joined many glans ,the good old days .

1st SFODD the clan was Special Forces Operations Delta Division a clan from Holland /England great days :D Oh well back to typing more emails to Virgin .Media .Regards Pete

Cerberus
09-02-2008, 12:31
You tell Virigin that it's a problem with themselves. You explain that it's not your mobile settings as you've checked them and you are able to use other providers. If you don't want to contact them via telephone, may I suggest that you post in their support newsgroup.

This (http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/newsgroups/) will explain how to set everything up.

On the gaming front. I still have BF2 with all the expansion packs, but I just love CoD4. Go buy yourself a copy, you can get it pretty cheap. Check out [NTHW] (http://www.nthwclan.co.uk). Good gaming clan, we are all friends and have a bit of banter between us.

Anyway, feel free to PM me if you have any further developments on the email front.

TC