PDA

View Full Version : My Head Hurts

since1979
03-02-2008, 20:53
Been trying to get VM in my home since Dec all i want is someone to come out and look because when i phone i get the same answer "We do not serve your home and have no plans in the future"

I have the catv on the footpath and the green cab is across the rd, have rang Customer Services but just get passed around also left messages but still heard nothing and i love the way the message says sombody will be in touch if the services can be installed in the future (whens that 2030):mad:
Why oh why will VM not just send out somebody so i can explain face to face and show them if i had the kit i would do it myself :D

Kellargh
04-02-2008, 16:10
Lol, I wish I could get virgin purely for the broadband service, the cab is just behind my house but they say I'm non serviceable.

Bit of a joke really...

since1979
05-02-2008, 11:06
Broadband thats all i want but get sent round in circles, if only somebody from VM would come and look im sure they could sort me out but i guess there to busy (Bidding for Northen Rock) Lol

MrB
05-02-2008, 23:52
I had this problem - almost opposite the Green Box, next door have it, I was told I couldn't. Eventually, was put through to sales and told to ask to be put through to the Spotters line - was here for less than 5 mins and install on the way (in fact, if I were you I would phone Sales and ask to be put through to Spotters where you leave your details on an answerphone - if sales ask, say someone told you that you needed to check as the system doesn't seem to be showing your address). Of course, it may be that you are unserviceable but it is always reassuring that they have actually checked rather than relying on a computer which can be (and sometimes is) wrong.

Worth a shot.

MrB

Kellargh
08-02-2008, 15:48
Hmm yeah, worth a try. I'm a bit of an online gamer and getting disconnected all the time on my crap ADSL connection is driving me crazy...really want cable :'(

Maggy
08-02-2008, 16:04
Coggy bets with herself as to how long it will take before someone turns up to say don't bother because they have a crap service themselves and they imagine that will be the case for everyone else.:D

I'm a happyish VM customer myself so I hope you get sorted soon.;)

since1979
09-02-2008, 17:42
I had this problem - almost opposite the Green Box, next door have it, I was told I couldn't. Eventually, was put through to sales and told to ask to be put through to the Spotters line - was here for less than 5 mins and install on the way (in fact, if I were you I would phone Sales and ask to be put through to Spotters where you leave your details on an answerphone - if sales ask, say someone told you that you needed to check as the system doesn't seem to be showing your address). Of course, it may be that you are unserviceable but it is always reassuring that they have actually checked rather than relying on a computer which can be (and sometimes is) wrong.

Worth a shot.

MrB

Left two messages on answerphone and still not heard anything :td:

snazzy
19-02-2008, 18:58
Hmm yeah, worth a try. I'm a bit of an online gamer and getting disconnected all the time on my crap ADSL connection is driving me crazy...really want cable :'(

And you think VM is better? LOL. Well maybe it was a year ago, but it ain't right now. I'm told a fix is on the way in about another six weeks.

since1979
10-03-2008, 16:38
UPDATE getting VM installed on the 14th March :D
After all the phone calls i was getting nowhere so in the end i wrote to the complaints dept in Wales got the address from a post on this forum.:tu:
I recived a letter about a week later saying they received mine and said they would be in touch and true to there word i received a phone call from a gent called Lee who was very helpful and polite and said he will get in touch with the spotter in my area.
After a few days i got a call from a spotter who done the north and he informed me that he was an hours drive away as there was no spotter in my local area but one was being trained up, he made an appointment with me and came and as soon as he arrived he said that i could have the services installed and signed me up on the spot:hyper:

So i would like to thank everyone on the forum who got in touch with me to try and help and would say the best way to get a spotter to come out is to write.:group:

FairyFairy
14-03-2008, 18:57
LOL .... is that why they are called Spotters because you signed up ON THE SPOT !!! ;)

Druchii
15-03-2008, 01:15
After all the phone calls i was getting nowhere so in the end i wrote to the complaints dept in Wales got the address from a post on this forum.:tu:
I recived a letter about a week later saying they received mine and said they would be in touch and true to there word i received a phone call from a gent called Lee who was very helpful and polite and said he will get in touch with the spotter in my area.
After a few days i got a call from a spotter who done the north and he informed me that he was an hours drive away as there was no spotter in my local area but one was being trained up, he made an appointment with me and came and as soon as he arrived he said that i could have the services installed and signed me up on the spot:hyper:

So i would like to thank everyone on the forum who got in touch with me to try and help and would say the best way to get a spotter to come out is to write.:group:
Great result :tu:

since1979
15-03-2008, 15:10
Well its all done the lads who done the install were very polite and left no mess in my home which pleased the missus, so a big thanks for all the help i got from this forum and hope i can help others from my experience in getting VM installed.

webcrawler2050
15-03-2008, 18:45
Well its all done the lads who done the install were very polite and left no mess in my home which pleased the missus, so a big thanks for all the help i got from this forum and hope i can help others from my experience in getting VM installed.

Sounds like good news then! Welcome to the world of VM! :d Any problems just shout! lol

tweetypie/8
15-03-2008, 23:49

good for you.:tu:

MrB
18-03-2008, 15:31
LOL .... is that why they are called Spotters because you signed up ON THE SPOT !!! ;)

No, I believe that it is because they are hard to spot (and even more difficult to get VM to send them out :rolleyes:). If it is because they come out and spot whether cable is possible, some jobs are clearly easier than others - in my case there was a bl&*dy great green pipe next to the front door, a green cable box on the street almost opposite the drive ... I could go on :erm:

MrB