PDA

View Full Version : Do they always fit a hdmi cable with hd HD ready tv's ?

Rixsta
30-01-2008, 09:08
Hi, had v+ installed today but the virgin bloke fitted it with a scart and I had to ask for a hdmi cable, thats the whole point of a v+, crappy service

---------- Post added at 09:08 ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 ----------

Hi, had v+ installed today but the virgin bloke fitted it with a scart and I had to ask for a hdmi cable, thats the whole point of a v+, crappy service

Wicked_and_Crazy
30-01-2008, 09:22
its not the WHOLE point of V+, i have V+ and no HD ready tv.

You asked for the cable and received it, whats "Crappy" with that?? Communication is an amazing thing

A bit strange to quote your own post in the same post.

lostandconfused
30-01-2008, 17:45
No it has to be added to the order. The person that booked it should have asked if you had a HD TV though

Horace
30-01-2008, 17:52
We got both, a flat scart lead and an HDMI lead with no questions about whether we had a HDTV, we didn't have one at that point.
Maybe the friendly manner and tea and biscuits that greeted the installer helped.

lesley27
30-01-2008, 17:57
Hiya,

Well I've just had a Virgin+ box installed and the guy fitted a HDMI cable as standard. He said that if you have HD TV they will always fit a HDMI cable.

I only wish Virgin Media customer support was as good as their installation guys.

After moving house last June 2007, I threatened to go to Sky (fed-up with TV reception freezing during progammes and films), to keep my buisness they reduced my bill to the current offers for new customers at that time PLUS they also gave me sky sports free for 1 year. The offer was so good I couldn't refuse - TV XL, BB M Phone M and 2nd setbox top & sky sports all for £39.50 per month, so I signed up for 12months.

I received a call 2 weeks ago offering a half price installation for Virgin+ box. The guy said to me that if I did take up the offer my monthly bill would reduce by £5.00. I said that I wasn't interested as I was planning to move over to Sky in June when my contract was up. He asked why, I explained that despite an engineer calling we still had TV freezing problems.

He went onto explain that the Virgin V+ box demanded a higher signal and this would elevate all our problems and to boot we would reduce our bills by £5.00 a month.

I asked him if all our current offers and discounts would still apply - "yes" he assured me. So, now convinced, (should have known better!) I paid the £75.00 and booked an installation date.

As I said, just had the new box installed. Told to wait an hour or so for everything to kick in. Discovered after 3 hours our sky sports package was not there. We have a 2nd ordinary Virgin box and Sky sports was still on that. Rang Virgin only to discover they have no record of offering Sky sports for 1 year despite them transmitting the signal to both our setbox tops.

I explained this is what they offered to keep my buisness, but they won't have it. Typical cheating beasts! They have now stopped the Sky sports signal to our 2nd box. Cheating beasts.

I was so angry I told them to come back and take out their Virgin+ box, (I'd rather go to Sky than signing up with them for another 12months, which is compulsory if you have Virgin+ installed). I was told I would lose my £75.00 installation fee - I only had it installed today!

So I now have to stay with Virgin Media until January 08, but believe me I will be moving to Sky as soon as allowed.

Lesley

Rixsta
30-01-2008, 21:44
Hiya,

Well I've just had a Virgin+ box installed and the guy fitted a HDMI cable as standard. He said that if you have HD TV they will always fit a HDMI cable.

I only wish Virgin Media customer support was as good as their installation guys.

After moving house last June 2007, I threatened to go to Sky (fed-up with TV reception freezing during progammes and films), to keep my buisness they reduced my bill to the current offers for new customers at that time PLUS they also gave me sky sports free for 1 year. The offer was so good I couldn't refuse - TV XL, BB M Phone M and 2nd setbox top & sky sports all for £39.50 per month, so I signed up for 12months.

I received a call 2 weeks ago offering a half price installation for Virgin+ box. The guy said to me that if I did take up the offer my monthly bill would reduce by £5.00. I said that I wasn't interested as I was planning to move over to Sky in June when my contract was up. He asked why, I explained that despite an engineer calling we still had TV freezing problems.

He went onto explain that the Virgin V+ box demanded a higher signal and this would elevate all our problems and to boot we would reduce our bills by £5.00 a month.

I asked him if all our current offers and discounts would still apply - "yes" he assured me. So, now convinced, (should have known better!) I paid the £75.00 and booked an installation date.

As I said, just had the new box installed. Told to wait an hour or so for everything to kick in. Discovered after 3 hours our sky sports package was not there. We have a 2nd ordinary Virgin box and Sky sports was still on that. Rang Virgin only to discover they have no record of offering Sky sports for 1 year despite them transmitting the signal to both our setbox tops.

I explained this is what they offered to keep my buisness, but they won't have it. Typical cheating beasts! They have now stopped the Sky sports signal to our 2nd box. Cheating beasts.

I was so angry I told them to come back and take out their Virgin+ box, (I'd rather go to Sky than signing up with them for another 12months, which is compulsory if you have Virgin+ installed). I was told I would lose my £75.00 installation fee - I only had it installed today!

So I now have to stay with Virgin Media until January 08, but believe me I will be moving to Sky as soon as allowed.

Lesley

Makes my moaning at the start of the thread abit silly now, anyway my v+ box is working great through hdmi, I think I got abit mad though as the bloke was rushing trying to get the job done as quick as he could and just forgot about my hdmi cable which I had already asked for over the phone, had broadband installed as I moved to a new address only to find that the bb disk didnt work and had to spend 5min talking to india which was fun,not. Anyway Lesley, telling you they had no record, cant beleive that when it must be on there system, I think the blame lies further down, engineers pushed to work long hours 7 days a week for just over 12k a year, its the people making the big money that are to blame but of course they dont give a dam, as they sit in there big house on there arses.

VMInstaller
25-02-2008, 13:20
I always fit both to be honest we dont always get the hdmi cable but most of us carry spares in the van just in case

MrB
25-02-2008, 16:47
I don't currently have a HD tv but plan to get one in future - there was a HDMI cable packaged in the box when our service was installed and I asked nicely if I could keep the cable for the future - installer was happy to help.

MrB