PDA

View Full Version : Can you make dissimilar DECT phones work together?

Pofadda
29-01-2008, 00:30
I am a long-time Telewest customer and I have acquired a BT Freelance XD 1000 DECT additional handset on a sale. I hoped to use it along with our set of three BT Freestyle 4100s; they're all 'compatible' DECT GAP phones aren't they? I have the user guides for both but can't get the 4100 base to register the new XD handset. It doesn't even get to a point where it asks for the base unit's PIN no.

I am hoping someone here has actually got this to happen or can point me to a more appropriate forum.

TIA

Kymmy
29-01-2008, 08:18
They have to be GAP but then yes they should be able to work together, though you might not be able to use certain feautres. Though as with anything it's never guaranteed to work :(

Before giving up though try resetting the base as I believe it can cope with 4 phones and by mishap/fluke all the registration places might be taken.

Kymmy

Osem
30-01-2008, 12:04
I am a long-time Telewest customer and I have acquired a BT Freelance XD 1000 DECT additional handset on a sale. I hoped to use it along with our set of three BT Freestyle 4100s; they're all 'compatible' DECT GAP phones aren't they? I have the user guides for both but can't get the 4100 base to register the new XD handset. It doesn't even get to a point where it asks for the base unit's PIN no.

I am hoping someone here has actually got this to happen or can point me to a more appropriate forum.

TIA

Our BT cordless phones are not GAP compatible so maybe that's your problem.

Kymmy
01-02-2008, 11:01
Our BT cordless phones are not GAP compatible so maybe that's your problem.

First thing I thought before my reply, so a quick check online confirmed that they're both GAP, but looking again online it seems that GAP doesn;t mean a lot as some GAP phones won;t talk to others even different GAP models from the same manufacturers.

Kymmy