PDA

View Full Version : Postcode shows as analogue in a digital area

robjw
28-01-2008, 20:35
I'm looking at moving (first kid on the way!) and I'm still under contract with VM. I'm very happy with the service and I'd like to keep it. I'm looking round at properties and one post code in particular shows as analogue when I know full well this is a digital area (I live nearby at the moment).

The post code is HX5 9EU. Is there any way someone on here could check this? Surely one street can't be analogue!?

on in an hour!
28-01-2008, 21:32
I'm looking at moving (first kid on the way!) and I'm still under contract with VM. I'm very happy with the service and I'd like to keep it. I'm looking round at properties and one post code in particular shows as analogue when I know full well this is a digital area (I live nearby at the moment).

The post code is HX5 9EU. Is there any way someone on here could check this? Surely one street can't be analogue!?
just because you live nearby rob doesnt neccesarily mean its all digital :( in bolton theres 1 row of houses that i know of,theres quite a few but this is the closet example, run diagonally (terraces) fed off a digital cab and the adjoining row are fed off a cab thats not yet been done :(

robjw
28-01-2008, 21:42
Thanks for the info. According to someone who works for VM, the street is showing as having no cable at all.

MrB
28-01-2008, 23:25
The computer is not always accurate as my recent experience shows - I was told I was not serviceable but after many weeks of contacting CS, they finally sent someone round to look and agreed it was. Worth checking if there is cable on the street (ie do neighbours have it, has your house/flat had it previously) and actually ask the neighbours. If they say yes, phone sales and explain the problem and if necessary ask for a spotter to check for you (means someone coming out to check).

MrB