PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword

Tezcatlipoca
17-01-2008, 00:20
Got this last week (nice cheap pre-owned copy).

Loving it so far.

Gorgeous graphics, good (although clichéd) story, great voice acting, & very enjoyable gameplay & combat (not just mindless button bashing).

Does have some frustrating bits, but it's good enough that I persevere (so far) rather than give up in disgust.

To me, its only real fault is the length (I finished the penultimate Chapter last night).

But, then again, I don't really mind short games anymore. Don't have much time to get stuck into huge games now I'm "old" (I love Mass Effect, but it ate nearly 40 hours of my life & many late late nights...ditto for Oblivion, & I haven't even finished that yet), so it's quite nice to be able to play something I can finish relatively quickly.

I wouldn't pay 50 quid for it, but seeing as I got it for £15 (£25 minus £10 store credit) I'm not complaining.

Had much more fun with this (some repetition, but it's enjoyable repetition) than with Assassin's Creed (horribly tedious repetition, followed by horribly tedious repetition).

icestar2
17-01-2008, 08:42
Have to agree. I found heavenly sword a very enjoyable game. Although it was very short as you say which did let it down a tad. I thought assassin's creed was an excellent game it was just flawed with the mission build up's. Still a great new idea and hope that a second address's the repetition as it did become a bit to much (But I did have fun climing to the eagle points and jumping off :) )

Tod
23-01-2008, 18:07
I do like the arrow sections of this game, especially guiding them into those crates of fireworks! :)

icestar2
23-01-2008, 19:32
I do like the arrow sections of this game, especially guiding them into those crates of fireworks! :)

Lol been so long since i played it I forgot about them parts. I remember being amazed by them. Really did enjoy them parts of the game myself to.

Tezcatlipoca
24-01-2008, 00:27
I found those bits annoying at first, 'till I turned off the motion-sensing "Aftertouch", & just used the left stick for the "Aftertouch" instead.

Got round to finishing it on Sunday.

Got up to Bohan on Saturday, to the 3rd round, but kept dying & got annoyed.

Tried again on Sunday, & killed him at my 1st attempt, with hardly any health lost.

Great game.

I love the section near the end, after the rooftop ninja battle, when you face off against Bohan's entire army, & first you use the hand-held cannon to kill them, but then (when they get too close or you run out of ammo) have to finish them off by hand... 500 of them. I messed up with the cannon & ended up having to take most of them on with the Heavenly Sword. Brilliant fun, combos, counters, & Super-Style attacks.... and then you take on the siege catapults by hand!

Short, but as I said before, I quite like that in a game now - means I actually have time to finish it!

Tod
24-01-2008, 15:15
I found those bits annoying at first, 'till I turned off the motion-sensing "Aftertouch", & just used the left stick for the "Aftertouch" instead.

The motion sensing is why I like it! :)
Takes a while to get used to admittedly, but once you do get used to it, great fun!