PDA

View Full Version : Scart to sVideo on a Pace Di4000T

StrollerFC
15-01-2008, 08:54
Hello all,

Can you help? Yesterday I tried to link my STB to my Denon Stereo using a Maplin Scart to sVideo cable (with audio). I can get Audio but no Picture. Is this because I bought a cheap cable or the STB cannot send sVideo?

Thanks for the help

MovedGoalPosts
15-01-2008, 08:58
Not sure but check the STB video menu settings to ensure it's set to composite not RGB output?

Losttheplot
15-01-2008, 09:02
As far as I know there was only one Pace STB capable of S video out. It would only do S video, not RGB.
In your STB menus do you have an option of S video? If not then the box does not do S video. You should still be able to send composite through the Amp via the S video cable though, as composite uses the luminance pin of a scart socket.

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------
Not sure but check the STB video menu settings to ensure it's set to composite not RGB output?
The composite is always there anyway.

StrollerFC
15-01-2008, 09:48
Hello chaps,

Thanks for your quick answers. I think that the STB Video options were only RGB and composite....

On the back of the box is 2 scart outputs (TV + Video). On the Stereo/ dvd player no Scart inputs.

Do you think I should look to relplace the cheap Scart SVideo with an expensive one or look to get a Scart to composite then Svideo to the TV?

Cheers.

Jonnymeg
15-01-2008, 10:06
You would be better off using RGB scart directly to the TV and using the phonos (if there are any) on the STB to the amp for sound.
If there are no Phono's on the pace box you can buy a scart with a break out cable that will do this.

RGB scart is a better picture than s-video.

StrollerFC
15-01-2008, 10:37
Thanks for the advice. There is no phono's on the STB.

Could you send me a link of the cable you think I should go for (If you've got a moment)

Cheers

Jonnymeg
15-01-2008, 11:47
something like this is what you need.
i think you will find them as complete leads too if you google it...

http://www.leads-and-cables.co.uk/audio-breakout-scart-connector-p9.html

StrollerFC
15-01-2008, 12:47
Thank you for all your help. I'm off to buy the cables and I'll try it out tonight

Cheers