PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Teapot

Monty731
13-01-2008, 13:42
Order V+ on 16 Dec, install date booked for 13 Jan, between 08.00-13:00

Call the CS today 1st thing to confirm install, told all is going ahead.

13:00 comes and go's. Call CS only to be told the appointment had been canceled on the 12 Jan! Someone tried to call my mobile on the 12th but as I failed to answer they rang off (Hey, Virgin, heard of Voicemail?)

Next Weekend install date? 2 February!

So thank you VM for screwing up my Sunday, you inept b*stards. (I, of course, am not referring to all the staff, just the particular useless gimp who failed to leave a voice msg yesterday)

Anyone any idea as to why I was not installed today? Answers varied from:
"We don't do Sunday Install's", "Someone could have been sick" and "Don't know".

MovedGoalPosts
13-01-2008, 14:31
Firstly, sorry the install didn't happen. Yes it's a bit inept that they couldn't be bothered to try and tell you properly.

Secondly, mind the language and insults, thank you.

Monty731
13-01-2008, 15:04
Firstly, sorry the install didn't happen. Yes it's a bit inept that they couldn't be bothered to try and tell you properly.

Secondly, mind the language and insults, thank you.

Don't be sorry, you have nothing to apologise for...unless you canceled by booking?!?

Stuart
13-01-2008, 15:10
Nope. Rob didn't. None of the admin team work for VM so we couldn't even if we wanted to.

Monty731
13-01-2008, 17:49
My lord, it gets worse.

Earlier on I called to re-book for Monday 21 Jan AM. Just called back to check to find out I have been booked for Friday 1 Feb:confused:

Apparently there are no dates for the 21st, and have re-scheduled for 2 Feb.

I hear that VM Christmas party was held in a brewery.

Sirius
13-01-2008, 17:52
My lord, it gets worse.

Earlier on I called to re-book for Monday 21 Jan AM. Just called back to check to find out I have been booked for Friday 1 Feb:confused:

Apparently there are no dates for the 21st, and have re-scheduled for 2 Feb.

I hear that VM Christmas party was held in a brewery.

Lets see how many members of staff come forward to help with this one. Now the insults are flying :rolleyes:

IronMaiden
13-01-2008, 18:15
What area are you in?

VM don't do Sunday installs (I work in ex telewest by the way).

wwe
13-01-2008, 19:11
whats this got 2 do with chocolate teapot?

Stuart
13-01-2008, 19:35
I believe he was making the point that Virgin are as useful as a chocolate teapot.. See http://www.plokta.com/plokta/issue23/teapot.htm.

Basically, as I am sure you can imagine, a teapot made from chocolate would not be much use, as it would melt as soon as you put boiling water in it.

Monty731
13-01-2008, 20:19
What area are you in?

VM don't do Sunday installs (I work in ex telewest by the way).

Cambridge.

Yeah, I was told today that Sunday installs are the exception to the rule. I asked why I was given one, and was told they could have been busy so they tried to clear the backlog by doing a SUnday. Which would make sense as I ordered V+ on the 16th Dec, and this was the 1st weekend date they had.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

Lets see how many members of staff come forward to help with this one. Now the insults are flying :rolleyes:

I would imagine the front end staff are too busy to organise the Christmas parties, too busy trying to fire fight the mess made by middle management.

Nedkelly
13-01-2008, 20:33
Sundays installs are brought in when they are :)very busy and the lead times are high .

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-01-2008, 20:47
I believe he was making the point that Virgin are as useful as a chocolate teapot.. See http://www.plokta.com/plokta/issue23/teapot.htm.

Basically, as I am sure you can imagine, a teapot made from chocolate would not be much use, as it would melt as soon as you put boiling water in it.

ohh i get it now, they wanted a useless title to attract help ;)