PDA

View Full Version : New BT Line

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 21:03
Anybody here know the lead times on BT provisioning a new line in a new build house?

I've looked on BT's site, just gives general details etc but no timescales....

Anybody?

Bri_G
04-01-2008, 21:23
The MOTHER IN LAW had hers in 2 weeks from moving in, 4 weeks after build completion.
I think BT get their services in the street during construction whereas cable don't.

Go for cable, you know it makes sense!

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 21:29
Cool...

All the wiring is in there - just needs provisioning - ie - some BT / contractor blokey to go to the exchange and wire up 2 pairs. £129 - not bad for 2 mins work.....gits.

Cable: None installed - it's a new housing development.

PS1
05-01-2008, 20:45
Cool...

All the wiring is in there - just needs provisioning - ie - some BT / contractor blokey to go to the exchange and wire up 2 pairs. £129 - not bad for 2 mins work.....gits.

its as easy as that isnt it:rolleyes:

LSainsbury
05-01-2008, 20:57
its as easy as that isnt it:rolleyes:

Well I'm sure there's a bit more to it, but that'll be basics of it...

dragon
05-01-2008, 21:54
Cool...

In the exchange, and any other joints/cabs/DP's between your house and the exchange that it needs connecting in.

PS1
05-01-2008, 23:02
Well I'm sure there's a bit more to it, but that'll be basics of it...

i was being sarcastic.there is potentially a lot more to it

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

Cool...

All the wiring is in there - just needs provisioning - ie - some BT / contractor blokey to go to the exchange and wire up 2 pairs..

you having 2 lines then are you.:confused: