PDA

View Full Version : Wii Remote Question

Paul
04-01-2008, 12:46
We bought a second remote for some of the two player games and we can register it on the Wii ok - but everytime we turn the console off it forgets the second controller - is this normal or are we doing something wrong ?

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 12:49
We bought a second remote for some of the two player games and we can register it on the Wii ok - but everytime we turn the console off it forgets the second controller - is this normal or are we doing something wrong ?

Mine didn't do that, did you follow the instructions completely?

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 12:50
Is the second remote on when you power up?

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Mine didn't do that, did you follow the instructions completely?

Dont be silly men dont do instructions :D

Paul
04-01-2008, 12:54
Instructions ?

We follow the onscreen instructions to connect it, as far as I can tell the remotes have no on/off button so I assume they must be on all the while ?

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 12:55
press the A button on remote 2 and then power up the Wii and see what happens

Im not sure they are on all the time as the blue lights do go off after a while

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 13:03
Dont be silly men dont do instructions :D

I wasn't going to say but RTFM!! ;)

Instructions ?

We follow the onscreen instructions to connect it, as far as I can tell the remotes have no on/off button so I assume they must be on all the while ?

There were paper instructions with my second remote which were simple to follow, check inside the box.

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 13:11
There were paper instructions with my second remote

Same here, but mine were in Wii Play and not a remote on its own, they're still in three un opened i guess ;)

which were simple to follow, check inside the box.

ahhh simple, written for females then ;)

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 13:14
ahhh simple, written for females then ;)

Just like Ikea instructions i suppose :p:

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 13:17
Just like Ikea instructions i suppose :p:

Whats Ikea ;)

Paul
04-01-2008, 13:45
There were paper instructions with my second remote which were simple to follow, check inside the box.
Oh those, they were in some foreign language, no english ones.

I'll try what WAC suggested. Thanks people.

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 13:47
Oh those, they were in some foreign language, no english ones.

Where did you buy it from? Mine were in English :dozey:

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 13:50
even if it doesnt work Paul, i beleive that for any game that you want the extra remote for you just press a button on the remote to wake it up and then click the "more" button in the game where you select the number of players.

Funnily enough i used one of my remotes on someone elses Wii and they didnt go through the process of syncing the remote with the Wii. They just used the more players option and you pressed the 1 and 2 buttons and it found the remote. Mind you we didnt turn the Wii off after that so i dont know what would have happened.

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 13:53
Paul - you need to sync them up! - Open the flap on the front of the Wii - there's a button - hold on - don't press it! Remove the battery cover from the new remote - theres another button.

Press the button on the Wii - then press and hold the button on the remote where the batteries go - wait for it to sync....the blue lights on the remote will stop flashing when it's done!

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 13:53
http://www.associatedcontent.com/video/1677/how_to_sync_a_wii_remote_to_the_nintendo.html Pictures and sound too ;)

Give this a wazz, can't do any harm

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 13:55
Edit - full instructions here (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/setupWiiRemote.jsp#Synch).

Wicked_and_Crazy
04-01-2008, 13:59
Give this a wazz, can't do any harm

I thought you said your instructions were in English :D

---------- Post added at 13:59 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

Paul - you need to sync them up!

I think he's saying in post 1 that he's done that

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 14:01
I think he's saying in post 1 that he's done that

There are two sync modes: Standard Mode and One Time Mode - I think Paul has been doing One Time Mode - as he described the symptoms of One Time Mode.

He needs to perform Standard Mode sync! :tu:

superbiatch
04-01-2008, 14:02
I thought you said your instructions were in English :D

They are usually, but slipped into scouse there ;)

ikthius
04-01-2008, 14:39
ok, when powering up your wii, before you get the standard press A screen. have remote one turned on, and press the reb button and the wii red button together.

they should now be synced.

when playing 2 player, just turn on the wii with any remote, then when player 2 comes in just press A, thats all I have ever had to do on my wii and my friends wii

ik

Paul
04-01-2008, 14:47
There are two sync modes: Standard Mode and One Time Mode - I think Paul has been doing One Time Mode - as he described the symptoms of One Time Mode.

He needs to perform Standard Mode sync! :tu:

I think you are right. thanks.

LSainsbury
04-01-2008, 14:49
I think you are right. thanks.

No worries! :tu:

Paul
04-01-2008, 16:44
Works great now, cheers people.