PDA

View Full Version : new2virgin phone not working HELP

robthebank
23-12-2007, 17:25
Hello,

I am a new customer to virgin media as of yesterday and used their "Quick Start" package to install for TV/BBand/Phone.:dunce:

After headbanging repeated phone calls to their shockingly bad customer service depts (wow 30 mins to get through to a muppet each time) I finally got the TV and Internet up and running.

However the phone has never worked, and I have been given lots of "put off's", call transfers to other depts, and promises that it would suddenly leap into life by magic a day later (i.e. today) without any luck. I have tried all 3 existing phone sockets in the house with two different hand sets and I get nothing. I cant think that it is the wiring in the house as the previous owner here only left a couple of days ago and was using VM for years prior. When I ring the number VM allocated me (after drawing it out of them like blood from a stone) from my mobile it rings from the caller end, but not a sausage from the phones in the house.

Can anyone help me or suggest where I can troubleshoot as I have tried the above basics without success. The thought of having to call the dark depths of customer service again fills me with dread - not the best start 1 day into the contract :shocked:

grateful for any responses received,

have a great Xmas (at least it will be a quiet one for me without the phone ringing!!)

robert

chickendippers
23-12-2007, 17:57
Well you've still got 29 days to cancel if it doesn't work ;)

Nedkelly
23-12-2007, 19:59
Quick stat telephone ? .When the old customer moved out they disc the line .This where they have gone prob gone wrong when routing your new number they have used new routing instead of using the old routing to the house .Unless they can use the old routing they are going to have to send a tech out to change this in the green box .They do this most of the b****y time :mad:

robthebank
23-12-2007, 22:16
Thanks Nedkelly, Your response makes sense. Thanks for your input:cool:

colin-bennett
24-12-2007, 00:17
Quick stat telephone ? .When the old customer moved out they disc the line .This where they have gone prob gone wrong when routing your new number they have used new routing instead of using the old routing to the house .Unless they can use the old routing they are going to have to send a tech out to change this in the green box .They do this most of the b****y time :mad:

When a quick start which includes telco is ordeed a tech visits the cabinet prior to activation so the ( routing ) as you call it is allready in place prior to activation.