PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had problems

Nidge
13-12-2007, 04:53
Last year at this time and date a mate of mine was woken by a knock at the door, he went downstairs to find a policeman stood at the door, the policeman said "sir a body has been found hanging from a tree by a man walking his dog and we seem to think it's your son, could you please come to the hospital and identify him"? Anyway is was his son, he'd taken his own life by hanging himself, to say he was gutted was an underestimation at Christmas time who needs something like this he'd left behind a mother, father a sister and a brother.

Yesterday morning a year to the date year after his death there was a knock at the door, he opened the door to be confronted again by a Policeman, the policeman said are you Andrew's dad? He said yes why, the Policeman said I think you should come with us, the police took him to the car and before he got into the car he said what the F*** is going on it's the anniversary of my sons death? The policeman was stuck for words he said there's no easy way of saying this but Andrew has been found hanging from a tree in the local woods, he went down to the woods like last year to find it all cordoned off by the police and a guy stood there with his dog. This guy found his other son who took his life last year, both sons had used the same tree to hang themselves.

I've just gotten back from my mates house and to say he's gutted is an understatement, I don't know how much more he can take, he's still not over the death of the oldest son now he's got to go through it all again with the youngest.

Like the title say and I thought I had problems.

superbiatch
13-12-2007, 08:52
Oh my god, thats just so awful - the poor parents must wonder what they've done to deserve it :erm:

I see the deaths in paper format every week for a population of approx 300k in a surrounding Merseyside area, and on average there are 2 deaths per week of young men who've taken their own lives. I just wish we knew how to help them so they didn't feel the only way out was to take their own lives.

My thoughts are with your friend x

gaffer_gump
13-12-2007, 09:30
Prayers go out to the father and his family and I would seriously suggest keeping away from the dude with the dog as he sounds like a right Jonah...

Raistlin
13-12-2007, 09:34
That's just terrible, I can't even begin to understand how your friend must feel :(

Nidge
13-12-2007, 17:57
Just to let you all know I've been to his house tonight and he's a bit on the bad side, it's to be expected, I've told him that if he needs me for anything don't hesitate to get in touch.

DocDutch
13-12-2007, 18:22
you are a veryyy good friend to him Nidge.

but omg I sooo feel for that family :O both sons same day different year. also feel sorry for the guy that found both of them on his walk with the dog.

Derek
14-12-2007, 12:15
That's terrible.

The people who take their own lives don't get to see the absolute devastation that gets left behind. The only thing I could say is keep telling your friend it's not his fault, too many times the people closest to them blame themselves for something completely outwith their control.

SOSAGES
14-12-2007, 12:18
any reason why they killed them selves?

Nidge
14-12-2007, 17:58
any reason why they killed them selves?

No letters were left so his dad is in limbo, he can only think that him losing a brother tipped him over the edge hence him hanging himself from the same tree.

Halcyon
14-12-2007, 18:26
That is terrible and my thought go out to the family and friends.

PLEASE, if anyone feels like this and is contemplating suicide, talk to someone.
You won't be judged and people want to help. There are even free phonelines you can call anonymously.

AntiSilence
14-12-2007, 18:38
Very sorry to hear about this Nidge. It's very heart-wrenching.

This is the kind of thing that makes most peoples problems seem like nothing. Thoughts with your friend Nidge, and well done to you for being there for him and his family.

Maggy
14-12-2007, 20:30
Well perhaps it's time to be less grumpy at the world..my problems are nothing compared to this families situation.

I think I'll make the Samaritans my charity this Christmas.

AntiSilence
14-12-2007, 23:41
Well perhaps it's time to be less grumpy at the world..

Agreed.

Colli
20-12-2007, 00:13
That's truly awful. Please tell your friend that he's in our thoughts.