PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media Offer

don_1
11-12-2007, 21:10
I was wondering if the VM offer, where u pay £15.50/month for VM Phone and 2mb Broadband (plus £30 for installation) is any good. Is the VM telephone service good? Is the price of the phone calls decent? What is the connection charge for every call and why do u have to pay for that(unlike BT)?

Thanx

Gary L
11-12-2007, 22:43
I read somewhere that Virgin are the most expensive phone provider for call costs. I'm on BT and use 18185.co.uk and 1899.com for virtually free phone calls to UK landlines, and very cheap calls to mobiles.
BT do charge a connection for every call.

don_1
11-12-2007, 22:57
But with that offer u have free weekend call to uk numbers. Any1 here think this offer is good? Should I join VM Phone Service or should i remain with BT?

Thanks

Gary L
11-12-2007, 23:02
If you stay with BT and use the cheap providers you only pay 5p connection charge and can talk for hours for free and that's 7 days a week. if you use Virgin you do pay a lot more. look at the prices on the site especially the cost to call mobiles.

don_1
11-12-2007, 23:24
If you stay with BT and use the cheap providers you only pay 5p connection charge and can talk for hours for free and that's 7 days a week. if you use Virgin you do pay a lot more. look at the prices on the site especially the cost to call mobiles.

But if I stay with BT and use another provider, ill have to pay more won't I? Or will it work out cheaper, as i make most of my calls to national numbers.

Gary L
11-12-2007, 23:35
But if I stay with BT and use another provider, ill have to pay more won't I? Or will it work out cheaper, as i make most of my calls to national numbers.

If you mean you have to pay 2 companies, it doesn't work like that. when you sign up with the cheap companies you have to dial a special number in front of the number you want to call. it's like a special number to tell BT not to touch it. BT won't charge you a penny for these calls it's a seperate bill. I only pay line rental to BT and a seperate bill for all my calls goes to the cheap call company.

It's really simple to do, read 18185.co.uk and you'll save pounds every month from something so simple.

don_1
11-12-2007, 23:45
If you mean you have to pay 2 companies, it doesn't work like that. when you sign up with the cheap companies you have to dial a special number in front of the number you want to call. it's like a special number to tell BT not to touch it. BT won't charge you a penny for these calls it's a seperate bill. I only pay line rental to BT and a seperate bill for all my calls goes to the cheap call company.

It's really simple to do, read 18185.co.uk and you'll save pounds every month from something so simple.

Cheerz Gary, thanx 4 helping me out m8. ;)

Gary L
11-12-2007, 23:59
Glad to help :)

colin-bennett
12-12-2007, 05:24
as far as I am aware this service is available over VM network. It is a different number you dial but the service is still available.

The £15.50 offer should not be discounted on the info given by other members..
Your own research will reap many benifits as you then know the info is correct..

Perfect Choice
12-12-2007, 08:30
I have VM phone as part of my 3 service package and am happy with it, but our phone bills are only small so the benefits of cheaper call charges elsewhere is not so significant for me.

If you choose another provider don't you have the £11 monthly rental to account for which you don't have with the VM £15.50 offer as phone line rental is included in the core service. You could say you're getting BB for £4.50 a month then?

I think the choice is down to the call volume you have, the more calls you have the better it is to consider cheaper call providers, but then for me it is the overall package which is of value to me (currently £30pm for 2Mb BB, XL TV, V+ and phone).