PDA

View Full Version : Sending a scanner

LSainsbury
11-12-2007, 14:03
Afternoon,

Sold a scanner on eBay and I need to find a way to send it to the buyer.

Most companies say that scanners are not covered for damage....

Anybody know who I can send it by?

Cheers

Lee

Delta Whiskey
11-12-2007, 14:55
I bought one on e-bay, came via Parcel Force without any problem. The seller had packed it very well, bubble wrap laid between the glass plate and the lid which was then taped down. The whole thing wrapped in more bubble wrap. He'd added a large sticker with 'Fragile - GLASS' on the front which might have helped (or might have been seen as a challenge).

LSainsbury
11-12-2007, 15:08
OK - I did think about putting some bubble wrap between lid and glass but thought the pressure might be an issue...

Delta Whiskey
11-12-2007, 15:12
OK - I did think about putting some bubble wrap between lid and glass but thought the pressure might be an issue...

The bubble wrap didn't appear to be under compression, the tape wasn't pulled tight between the lid and the body of the scanner, it was just there to hold the bubble wrap in place.

Tightscot
11-12-2007, 15:25
make sure you lock the scanner bed - usually a lock catch on it somewhere...

LSainsbury
11-12-2007, 15:46
make sure you lock the scanner bed - usually a lock catch on it somewhere...

Cheers Tightscot - yep the transit lock - already thought of that one!

Looks like I'll just have to take a chance with Parcel2Go or Parclefarce

Matthew
11-12-2007, 18:41
I sent a scanner via Royal Mail about a year ago, put the lock on it, taped it up, used bubble wrap and but it in a box and gave it plenty of cushioning, used scrunched up newspaper, arrived to the buyer ok. Just make sure its well packed.

Hom3r
11-12-2007, 19:16
Its better to go over the top and use to much packing