PDA

View Full Version : Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Tod
10-12-2007, 14:58
Now this IS living!

I thought Heavenly Sword looked good, but it's visuals are just average compared to Uncharted. The graphics are stunning and beautiful, and audio is superb. If you are in two minds whether to get a PS3 take a look at this game, it will blow you away!

icestar2
10-12-2007, 16:09
I 100% agree. The best game I have played on PS3 since release without a single dout. Game is brilliant with a fun and intresting storey to follow. Cut scense are well done as they used motion capture. Great game and I hope it does well because if it does there will be 2 more sequals :)

Tod
11-12-2007, 12:33
Rumour has it that the sequel is pretty much guaranteed! :)

dragon
15-12-2007, 17:35
This is one of the games I must get :D

Tezcatlipoca
16-01-2008, 23:16
I got this with my console just before Christmas.

*Excellent* game. Looks great, good story & voice acting, great fun to play.

dragon
16-01-2008, 23:33
I Got it for christmas myself, Brilliant game :D

Almost plausible until you get near the end lol ;)

icestar2
17-01-2008, 07:38
Number 2 has been confirmed and I for one an extreamly happy about it. Drake's fortune became one of my fav games very fast along with gears of war.

Bluffdemon
17-01-2008, 14:21
I bought a ps3 just over a week or so ago just because of this game i knew when i saw it i had to play it and i must say i was not let down from start to finish !

This is one of the best games i played in a very long time stunning in every sense and i am now playing through it a 2nd time on hard level and trying to get the rest of the treasure i missed playing it the first time .

This is a must own game for every ps3 owner !

Tod
23-01-2008, 17:06
Just finished this game, enjoyed it throughout.

southwell
28-01-2008, 13:36
Bought it Friday, completed Sunday, had a beer and pizza weekend with a mate. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel!

dragon
28-01-2008, 21:10
Bought it Friday, completed Sunday, had a beer and pizza weekend with a mate. Very good game, looking forward to the sequel!

The sequel should be even better in terms of the graphics/simulation of the world as well.. apparently towards the end of production they found a better way of programming for the ps3.

Just hope they keep up the brilliant storyline in the second one.

icestar2
28-01-2008, 22:45
Just hope they keep up the brilliant storyline in the second one.

AGREED. It's been to long waiting for games with a decent storey. Was a big part of the games success I would guess. Also some great funny moments that brought a smile to my face. Reminded me of how they used to make games.

dragon
28-01-2008, 22:53
AGREED. It's been to long waiting for games with a decent storey. Was a big part of the games success I would guess. Also some great funny moments that brought a smile to my face. Reminded me of how they used to make games.

Yep overall very good, i've wrapped my comment in spoiler tags so not to ruin the ending for people who haven't played yet.

I thought towards the end it got a tad silly and they were doing so well and keeping it realistic but they had to go all resident evil style towards the end... Were the zombie things really necessary?

icestar2
29-01-2008, 08:24
Yep overall very good, i've wrapped my comment in spoiler tags so not to ruin the ending for people who haven't played yet.

I thought towards the end it got a tad silly and they were doing so well and keeping it realistic but they had to go all resident evil style towards the end... Were the zombie things really necessary?

Yeah maybe they could of gone another way with that. I didnt feel it took anything away from the game maybe just changed its direction. I think they probably watched the TombRadier films lol Overal still was a great game and at least the final level and boss were back on track :)

Tod
29-01-2008, 16:14
I had to play Uncharted with my PS3 set to RGB Limited, rather than the RGB Full setting in display other wise you can not see a load of the detail in the dark areas.

The part of the game you guys are talking about is where it is most obvious, I could hardly see the holes in the floor around the chamber until I set to RGB Limited (apparently the setting Sony recommends anyway - even though a lot of people have been saying RGB full "looks" best)

cimt
28-04-2009, 23:27
I bought this game earlier, seems very good so far. I'm on it now. I'm upto the part where the German U-boat blows up.

Tezcatlipoca
28-04-2009, 23:32
Yep, it's very good :)

btw, I've moved your post to the thread for Uncharted 1.

cimt
18-09-2009, 09:30
Sorry for the slight bump but I just completed it on Hard. Now I just gotta do it on Crushing. How hard would you say that is? Also, there's not many more trophies for me to get on it now. All I need is:

Stealth Attacker
Steal Fist
Steal Fist Expert
Dyno-Might! Expert
Grenade Hangman
Survivor and
Charted! - Crushed

Those should be quite fun to get, I reckon. It looks like this may well get me my first Platinum. :)