PDA

View Full Version : Provisional BT Line

Touchstone57
10-12-2007, 10:51
Two weeks ago I just had a BT line installed so I could get a new ISP. I contact many companised but they said I had problems and my phone line was not active, despite me contacting from the active phone. I then contacted BT and tried to use their broadband service but they said there was some problems and that I still had a provisional phone line. Apparently this goes away after 48 hours of the line being installed. But now it has been two weeks and I'm starting to get annoyed. They keeps telling me to wait another 48 hours but I want to get my broadband connected. And they forever put me on hold for 30 minutes to speak to an advisor, then straight away put me on hold for another advisor.

What should I do? PT

dragon
10-12-2007, 19:28
Is this a new line or a reconnect?

Touchstone57
11-12-2007, 13:40
Its a reconnect. But the line has been connected for about 10 years, so I had to pay the full price.

dragon
11-12-2007, 15:24
Its a reconnect. But the line has been connected for about 10 years, so I had to pay the full price.

Hmm I'd have been surprised if it was still jumpered via a CCM then if its been disconnected that long.

Therefore unless its on a DACS or something I don't see why you can't order ADSL.

I'd phone BT (voice) customer service and tell them that you are unable to order broadband from anyone and want to know why and ask them when it will be sorted, if you don't get a satisfactory anwser post back here and we will try to help as much as possible.