PDA

View Full Version : which electric shaver ?

tweetypie/8
09-12-2007, 22:09
hi i am in the market for an electric shaver,i have been recommended many brands ie- philishave,braun,remington,panasonic,i am kinda confused as what to go for so anyone who uses electrics to get their whiskers off advice will be appreciated :confused:

Wicked_and_Crazy
09-12-2007, 22:10
Do you want a foil or rotary?

SnoopZ
09-12-2007, 22:32
I'd go philishave and not the cheapest one either.

peanut
09-12-2007, 22:41
Got a Braun foil one, quite pricey too, great for collecting dust. You can't beat a mach 3 blade at the end of the day.

Still I'd like to know what the those new rotary blade shavers are like (about £200 ones, shame you can't try them before you buy.

tweetypie/8
09-12-2007, 23:36
Do you want a foil or rotary?

thinking about a foil

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

Got a Braun foil one, quite pricey too, great for collecting dust. You can't beat a mach 3 blade at the end of the day.

Still I'd like to know what the those new rotary blade shavers are like (about £200 ones, shame you can't try them before you buy.

i think i would try a cuthroat before i woul put out 200quid ;)

danielf
10-12-2007, 00:00
Does anyone actually recommend an electric shave over a wet shave? (I never tried an electric shaver myself)

MovedGoalPosts
10-12-2007, 00:00
Got a reasonably good Phillishave one. It works, and I do rely on it, but I'd never say it has a really close cut and by late afternoon I do see the 5 o'clock shadow creeping in. Greasy skin is an issue with gumming up the blades so I have no idea how the moisturiser idea manages to work and still cut.

I suspect you can only get a really close shave from a wet razor.

homealone
10-12-2007, 00:09
One of the problems for wet shaving, for me, had been the increasing cost of the 'branded' blades - then I discovered the razors & blades sold in Aldi were much cheaper, but nearly as good. (my opinion, of course) - however I would recommend the Wilkinson Sword soap/brush combo if you like it wet :)

lostandconfused
10-12-2007, 13:57
i have a phillishave kept in the car for the times i forget to shave before work! it does the job, but not as good as a gillette fusion

mrmistoffelees
10-12-2007, 15:00
I used to have one of the Philishave cool skin electric razors which when you pressed a button pumped out some nivea lotion stuff onto the cutting heads. It was, in a word 'gash'.

Personally, Mach 3 Fusion blade, proper shaving soap with a shaving brush and a hot shower beforehand to get the pores open. can't be beaten.

tweetypie/8
10-12-2007, 15:20
I used to have one of the Philishave cool skin electric razors which when you pressed a button pumped out some nivea lotion stuff onto the cutting heads. It was, in a word 'gash'.

Personally, Mach 3 Fusion blade, proper shaving soap with a shaving brush and a hot shower beforehand to get the pores open. can't be beaten.

thanks to all of you guys/gals ?;) for your opinions i think i will give the panasonic procurve a go,i have always bought their tellys with no probs so heres hoping their razor is as good

SnoopZ
10-12-2007, 19:01
I've never heard of a panasonic so personally i'd go for a Philishave or a Braun.

JohnDoe
18-09-2008, 07:23
Hi!
Can someone tell me their experience with the Phillishave HS8020 and HS8040 shavers?
Is there any difference (in quality?) between those 2 besides the charging time and the filling indicator?
Thanx!

mrduds
30-04-2010, 14:46
I've never heard of a panasonic so personally i'd go for a Philishave or a Braun.

If I was going to pick between the two, I'd go for Braun. I'm not positive, but I dont think Philips make foil shavers?