PDA

View Full Version : SKY Anytime on with SKY HD box

AL_G
08-12-2007, 15:54
Just got SKY HD installed (Got a good deal via comet £99 box) and am loving the improved quality of the HD channels over the SD ones.

But I thought that SKY HD boxes were also able to get the new SKY Anytime service too?

Everywhere i've looked simply says go to your TV guide and access anytime via the red button? This is not the case on mine as the red button brings up a list of the HD channels? What am I doing wrong?????

Also, does anyone know what happened to the sky hd test card, according to the sky website http://sky.com/hd/news.htm it's a 10 minute tutorial on channel 268 only this channel seems to be some classical music concert?

Thanks in advance, AL

Derek
08-12-2007, 17:09
:welcome: to the site

You need to make sure it's turned on in the services menu and then wait for a couple of days for the list to be populated with programs.
It's not up and running from day one on the boxes.

AL_G
08-12-2007, 18:33
Thanks Derek, I couldn't find anything to do with SKY Anytime in the services menu. I'll give it a few days and see if anything appears. Out of interest if it does change so I can go to sky Anytime via the red button in the program guide, how do I access the list of HD channels as that's currently via the same method?

Tezcatlipoca
08-12-2007, 18:39
Maybe your STB's software is not up to date, & doesn't actually have the Anytime function?

You could try turning it off at the plug, & then hold down the "backup" button on the box itself while turning it back on. This forces an update. Leave it around 10 mins. Not sure if it displays anything re updating over HDMI, so you may need to temporarily hook up a SCART lead to see how the update is going.

The update should have been done by the engineer when the box was first installed.

AL_G
08-12-2007, 19:01
Ahh, no update done by the engineer. That'll be the problem then :-) thanks for the tip.

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

One other thing. When I force the update, will I loose any of the recordings on the box or the planner info. I'm guessing not but just wanna check before i wipe off all the Mrs soaps :-)

Tezcatlipoca
08-12-2007, 20:24
Hmm, dunno, tbh.

I self-installed mine (eBay purchase), & the very first thing I did after hooking it up was the software update.

It shouldn't wipe it when Sky roll out an auto update of a new version (otherwise many people would get up the next morning & find everything gone!), so I assume it doesn't lose anything if you force a manual update.

But I don't know 100%.

AL_G
08-12-2007, 22:56
All sorted now thanks for the help. If only the installer could have been arsed to do his job right?