PDA

View Full Version : Purely Creative or just pure scam!

Honeymonster666
06-12-2007, 17:11
I won a MP3 from a scratch card, that comes with the Daily Mirror . The company are called Purely Creative, and if you won something, you send them a text and you automatically get knocked off £10 pounds from the service. I wasn't too pleased about that, as you can imagine. So, I send off the scratch card to claim my prize, and three weeks later, they send me a voucher for my MP3, which is to be filled out with postal order of ten pounds. Thats £20 pounds spend 'if' I send the voucher away.

The MP3 itself, holds a memory of 512MB, blue silver colour and without any manufacturer name to it. Its a digital stick basically. After all that, my question would be: 'Is it worth going through all that expense?'

Has any one preferences to this company? or just general thoughts, please let me know! Thanx

garethpaul
06-12-2007, 17:22
you can certainly pick up a 512mb mp3 player for less than £20 (I think asda do one for under a tenner), so I wouldn't bother tbh.

ahardie
06-12-2007, 17:27
Anyone who charges you £10 to claim a prize is a scammer IMO. I would contact the Daily Mirror and complain. They should treat their customers better than to include this rubbish with their paper.

Aragorn
06-12-2007, 17:30
Did you try googling 'Purely Creative'?
It suggests they are the largest 'premium rate' gamecard provider in the UK.
They have just been 'working with' the OFT to clean up their act, according to this (http://www.oft.gov.uk/news/press/2007/165-07).
Did you keep a copy of the scratch card? If so, and it doesn't explain the cost of claiming clearly, you could write to them (address on their website), politely refering them to the OFT article. If you don't have a copy of the scratch card, I would write off the £10 text and not bother entering any such prize draws again - don't forget they are in business to make money!

danielf
06-12-2007, 17:31
Anyone who charges you £10 to claim a prize is a scammer IMO. I would contact the Daily Mirror and complain. They should treat their customers better than to include this rubbish with their paper.

In fairness, the paper is rubbish as well ;)

ahardie
06-12-2007, 18:37
In fairness, the paper is rubbish as well ;)

True but is there a newspaper that isn't rubbish.;)

Mr Angry
06-12-2007, 18:44
True but is there a newspaper that isn't rubbish.;)

Yes. The Framley Examiner (http://www.framleyexaminer.co.uk/).

AntiSilence
06-12-2007, 18:56
I won a MP3 from a scratch card, that comes with the Daily Mirror . The company are called Purely Creative, and if you won something, you send them a text and you automatically get knocked off £10 pounds from the service. I wasn't too pleased about that, as you can imagine. So, I send off the scratch card to claim my prize, and three weeks later, they send me a voucher for my MP3, which is to be filled out with postal order of ten pounds. Thats £20 pounds spend 'if' I send the voucher away.

The MP3 itself, holds a memory of 512MB, blue silver colour and without any manufacturer name to it. Its a digital stick basically. After all that, my question would be: 'Is it worth going through all that expense?'

Has any one preferences to this company? or just general thoughts, please let me know! Thanx

My Alba 1Gb MP3 player was £19.99 from Argos.

Halcyon
06-12-2007, 19:11
I got a philips 512mb MP3 player last week for £14.99 from Argos.

You've been smammed and I would be fuming ! I'd complain if I was you.

MovedGoalPosts
06-12-2007, 19:25
And what has this got to do with Virgin Media :confused:

Moved.

Honeymonster666
06-12-2007, 20:10
you can certainly pick up a 512mb mp3 player for less than £20 (I think asda do one for under a tenner), so I wouldn't bother tbh.

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Lo all! Just to say: thank you, for your replies. I'll take the advice and contact The mirror about the situation. I looked up the MP3 digital prices and can now see the scam, they have got going. I just hope at my expense, that I have added awareness to the situation !

Thank you again!

Delta Whiskey
06-12-2007, 20:38
The Mirror won't care, they get paid for putting that junk into the paper. They don't give a toss about the customer. As the saying goes 'if it's too good to be true, then it's a lie'.

Honeymonster666
06-12-2007, 20:48
Thats very true mate! This maybe ,is the only way of hitting back. Do I make a difference? maybe not. Let this forum be a testament to anybody who thinks they can win! Like you said: If its to good to be true, then it probably is! Thanx mate!

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

How far does one complaint go? Bet they don't give a monkeys, just stop buying the paper!

Delta Whiskey
06-12-2007, 20:54
Did you read the small, small print on the scratch card (which isn't really a scratch card in the gambling sense as all the cards are winners). It should have told you about the £10.00 text charge and the £10.00 'postage & packing'.

Honeymonster666
06-12-2007, 21:06
Did you read the small, small print on the scratch card (which isn't really a scratch card in the gambling sense as all the cards are winners). It should have told you about the £10.00 text charge and the £10.00 'postage & packing'.

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

It just says, that calls cost no more than ten pound, nout about texts!(thats what I got screwed on) I'm sure they'll have some excuse about that. Regarding the post and packaging, it's stated on the text messages, after I was charged.

snazzy
07-12-2007, 12:14
How the hell did you fall for that? I had a similar thing for a digital camera. Something along the lines of. " Your digital camera was unable to be posted and is waiting for you at BLAH BLAH BLAH, you will need to pay BLAH BLAH BLAH to collect it." Yeah right, I'm just not that stupid.

Honeymonster666
07-12-2007, 12:27
Hi Snazzy! I did not send the voucher away because I didn't think it was worth the ****** digital MP3, that I could have got cheaply in any shop. I thought I was getting a top of the range MP3, instead, I just got stung 10 quid on text messages they have sent me. I thought the whole thing was legit because the organization is linked to the Mirror Paper. You live and learn, dont ya!

How much did they want you, to pay for the Cam?

<edit Rob: Please mind the language>

snazzy
07-12-2007, 12:42
Can't remember, but It was worded in such a way, that if you was expecting a digital camera, keeping in mind this was around this time of year, I've no doubt you would easily fall for it.

As for the £10 you got stung, that was just a con trick in my opinion. For sure I'g get on to the paper and kick up a stink.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Some of these things are such a con, it's harder to NOT win than it is to win. LOL. :td:

Hugh
22-01-2008, 12:58
Spam, spam, spam, spam, ...... wonderful spam!

So good, he posted it twice.

handyman
22-01-2008, 13:04
I hate scammers. I'm just down the road from there though and can pop in and see them :-)

MovedGoalPosts
22-01-2008, 13:05
Spam posts that reactivated this thread have been deleted.

bill saint
31-08-2008, 11:49
Hi I just joined the Cable |Forum. I just wish I had read it before.

Yesterday we bought the Thats Life magazine.Inside were four win a million £ scratch cards.from purely creative.

My initial reaction was to bin them, but out of curiousity "HER IN DOORS" scratched them..Shes not usualy that gullible..She was surpised that we had not one..but two winning cards . One could be a Million Pounds and the other down to £10.00 cheuqe.. BUT WE HAD DEFINATELY ( WELL ALMOST DEFINATELY) WON THE PRIZE.

Reluctantly I phoned the number/s after I explained to my wife..The prizes was probabaly at the best a £10.00 voucher. The cost of the call was £9.00 so they were not out to lose any money.

There are two different telephone number so i forked out £20! ( clever marketting) to claim my two prizes..

One turned out to be a Greek cruise for 2 and the other was a £10 voucher.

After reading the forum and seeing what tricks they get up to to dissquade
you from taking the holiday and the scam with another £10 postage if you win the MP3.. worth £5.95. In hjave decided niot to waste more time and money.It will be interesting to see if I ever get the £10 cash.. I am not holding my breath.

IT might assist members and save them money if they know in advance waht the prize is they have won. This may change from time to time, but at present this is what you get ( I wrote them all down)

First if you have 2 symbols the same
anyway..

2 stars.£50 boots voucher
2 cars ..tv
2 drums ...£100 m/s vouchers
2 houses... phillips disc player
2 bats... case of wine
2 kangaroos £250 tesco vouchers
2 pears £2000
2 lemons ( my prize) 7 day cruise..joke..

IF YOU HAVE THREE THE SAME YOU WIN

[3 SUNS £2000 CASH
3 BIKES £250 CASH
3 PARASOLS £25 CASH
3 CAKES £500 CASH
3 HELICOPTERS £5000
3 TREES £10,000 CASH
3 TELEPHONES £50 CASH
3 APPLES, HORSES ,OR ROBINS £1M. ( ONLYONE WINNER VIN 18 YEASR SO DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH
3 DOGS £20,000
3 SERPENTS £100,000
3 LOLLIES £1000 CASH

AND FINALLY THE LAST ITEM.. ( THE WON I GOT).. AND I suspect MOST OTHER PEOPLE..
3 CRABS £10 CASH..

i DONT BELEIVE FOR ONE MINUTE I WILL EVER GET THE £10. THEY WILL ,PROBALY WANT ME TO SEND ANOTHER £5.00 POSTAGE TO GET IT DELIVERED.OR THEY WILL UNLAWFULLY SEND ME FIVE TEXTS MESSAGES AT £1.00 EACH TO TELL ME I HAVE WON IT...AND ANOTHER FIVE TO SAY ITS ON THE WAY/..

ANYWAY.. AT 70 YEARS OF AGE.. WE NEVER LEARN.. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ANYWAY.

BILL SAINT.

Kymmy
31-08-2008, 12:35
It's like the Free flights vouchers you get in the sunday papers, a free flight to barbados yours on condition you book into one of our very expensive hotels...

What does get me though is that all the major manfacturers have jumped on the same bandwagon, take most soft drinks giving away prizes, you now have to register and text in the code to be told if you've won or not, the text might only cost 20p+network rate but as only 1 in a 1000 might win a £20 MP3 player that's still £180 to the company!!! Isn;t that in essences gambling????

tweetypie/8
01-09-2008, 14:44

remember the golden rule,you dont get anything for nothing,steer clear.

jerileigh
14-09-2008, 14:02
Major kudos to 'Bill saint' for saving me 18 quid. Hopefully people read your post before they get scammed! I managed to 'some how' get exactly the same symbols on my card as you did. At least now we will all be looking for the robin, apple or the horse.lol Good luck everyone! :)

Matth
17-09-2008, 01:20
Every card is a winner (or at least, one of each set is a winner) - I always rub them off to check, work out the lowest possible prize (vouchers that will cost you to use, or some cheap bit of tat), then laugh as I bin the tripe.

They are no more honest than the Nigerian prince who wants some palms greased to get his ill-gotten loot out of the country.

LondonRoad
17-09-2008, 12:30
They are no more honest than the Nigerian prince who wants some palms greased to get his ill-gotten loot out of the country.

You mean that's a scam,:shocked:

I think I'll discontinue my Nigerian lessons then.;)

cyber65
05-11-2008, 20:55
I've just scratched off three kangaroos on my purely creative scratchcard. It's a cash win, but does anyone know how much for?

Russ
05-11-2008, 21:05
Highly likely to be a scam and a total waste of time and money.

zing_deleted
05-11-2008, 21:24
Its a wonder we do not get more about this company if you google Purely Creative we get the third link and the second link is part of the first

cinnamonbrandy8
06-12-2008, 10:12
My daughter scraped off & got 3 kangaroos - I'm thinking 3 kangaroos is the new tenner option.

Thanks to all here for posting - saved us 10 minutes, ten pounds, and that nasty, icky feeling you get left with.

Helen

otto1
28-12-2008, 22:31
28 Dec 08

I also have 1 card with 3 kangaroos and 1 with 2 bells from a reputable Family History magazine. Can anyone tell me what these might be worth before I do in 9 pounds each on phone charges.

alferret
28-12-2008, 23:36
28 Dec 08

I also have 1 card with 3 kangaroos and 1 with 2 bells from a reputable Family History magazine. Can anyone tell me what these might be worth before I do in 9 pounds each on phone charges.

PM me and transfer £8 into my paypal acc an I'll tell ya. Saving you a whole pound :D

otto1
28-12-2008, 23:59
No thanks

Kymmy
29-12-2008, 00:01
28 Dec 08

You'll find that the magazine might be reputable but the distribution company are the ones that put in the scratch cards...

If you don't pay cash for a scratch card then it's usually a con..

moaningmags
29-12-2008, 00:05
28 Dec 08

Read the back of the scratchcard, chances are it's a tiny digital camera and they adv you need to pay for delivery.
Or it's holiday vouchers that in order to get any worth from you'll need to spend thousands to be able to use them.

I always read the small print on the back of the cards to see which rubbish thing I've definitely won and how much it will cost me to call and get the claim number and the delivery charge.

Matth
29-12-2008, 01:17
You could try a postal claim, what's the betting they lose most of them though!

manning
03-01-2009, 18:16
My daughter scraped off & got 3 kangaroos - I'm thinking 3 kangaroos is the new tenner option.

Thanks to all here for posting - saved us 10 minutes, ten pounds, and that nasty, icky feeling you get left with.

Helen

I wish I had first read here. 30mins ago I spent two x £9 checking the same two results fas Helen. Let me give you the answers for £nil

3 kangaroos - wins £10 (it is worth you claiming, because you have not had to spend £9 finding out the claim number. It is 986754

As for two bells. The 'win' is a Greek Island trip for 7 days for two persons, including £25 embarkation (?). Does not include travel to and from departure port (ie from UK). Claim number is 4833. I have paid my £9 for this one as well, (6 x £1.50 on an 09// telephone number @£1.50 p.min so I might as well follow the claim through (for both) and see what happens. I won't be caught out again, and just in case this is read by PurleyCreative.Com, I have not given my correct name! Happy New Year all readers.

otto1
03-01-2009, 19:49
Thanks to those who have given me information. Will go for the mail option.

Maggy
03-01-2009, 19:58
Thanks to those who have given me information. Will go for the mail option.

Well waste your money if you must.Personally I'd throw the 'winning' card in the bin and never bother with them ever again as it's a pure scam.

Better to pay out your blunt for a sensible trustworthy lotto from Camelot which although it costs, it's a damn site cheaper to pick up a prize without any strings being attached to your winnings.:erm:

manning
08-01-2009, 14:48
I wish I had first read here. 30mins ago I spent two x £9 checking the same two results fas Helen. Let me give you the answers for £nil

3 kangaroos - wins £10 (it is worth you claiming, because you have not had to spend £9 finding out the claim number. It is 986754

As for two bells. The 'win' is a Greek Island trip for 7 days for two persons, including £25 embarkation (?). Does not include travel to and from departure port (ie from UK). Claim number is 4833. I have paid my £9 for this one as well, (6 x £1.50 on an 09// telephone number @£1.50 p.min so I might as well follow the claim through (for both) and see what happens. I won't be caught out again, and just in case this is read by PurleyCreative.Com, I have not given my correct name! Happy New Year all readers.

Since writing above I have come across various newspaper reports via the web, as well as this government link about Purely Creative http://www.oft.gov.uk/news/press/2007/165-07
Because I have already paid my premium rate calls, I have sent off for my Greek Islands prize (but WONT take it, having been warned by press reports). I have also sent off for my £10 prize that will have cost me £9 premium rate phone calls and two first class stamps. At nearly 70 years of age, I think I am entitled to have been a mug at least once in my life!

girlgirligot3kag
20-01-2009, 16:36
28 Dec 08

well what a cool thing same here i got 3 kangaroos and 2 bells aswell. the 3 kangaroos you get £10 and the 2 bells you get the greek island cruise for 2

Kymmy
20-01-2009, 17:32
well what a cool thing same here i got 3 kangaroos and 2 bells aswell. the 3 kangaroos you get £10 and the 2 bells you get the greek island cruise for 2

Congrats, you are now officially a winner, please step onto the winners podium, hand over lots of money, smile, then hand over even more money and be secure in your mind that you have paid for the privilege of winning a prize that has less value than what you will eventually pay out ;)

Maximus9
22-01-2009, 16:55
I'm going to break the mold a little here - btw before I start - I don't work for purely creative!

I sent off for claim numbers by post, they took quite a while to arrive but I got them in the end. I didn't bother claiming for the 'top prize' because of all the bad reports I've heard about holidays and naff stuff that they charge you a fortune for to post, I just claimed for the cash amounts -all mine have been £10.

I sent off the completed scratch cards (2) and a few months later I got a form asking me to confim my name, as they were going to send me a cheque, I sent that back to them and another month later I received a cheque for £10. Its worth being patient they get there in the end.

Then I had a problem, I had sent up for 2 scratch cards but only got one cheque. I gave it weeks but in the end I emailed their customer services. They got back to me straight away and asked if I had kept a photocopy _ said I had, confimed the pictures and prize code on the card and a cheque arrived the very next day, sent first class. Excellent customer service!

£20 for basically nothing, so -
1) always aply by post to avoid the call charges.
2) ignore the 'alternative prizes' stick to cash amounts only.
3) keep photocopys and a note postage dates and
4) if you keep to the rules and don't get anything back email Purely creative's customer services - they are very helpful and extremely fast!!

This company obviously takes alot of money off un-suspecting people - theres nothing wrong in taking some of it back off of them! Good luck!

jayjay23
30-03-2009, 18:36
hi,
i had 3 kangaroos on my purely creative card.
knowing i had won at least a tenner i txted in.

cost me about 9.50 in txts.

then i had to fill in the card and post it with the claim number and enclose a first class stamp.

they mailed me back to say i had won 10 quid.

and to confirm they had the correct name and address for myself i had to fill in the enclosed form and send it off,
(hello? if you didnt have the correct name and address then i would never have recieved this form you just sent me to confirm it is me anyway) and enclose another first class stamp. they also reccommended that i encose a postal order for 2.50 as postal insurance for them to be able to safely send me my cheque.

a couple of weeks passed by. they then sent me a letter congratulating me on becoming a purely creative member.??? eh? .. no sign of a cheque though.

i have had 3 sets of junk mail from them now, they send more scratch cards each time, one of them had 3 kangaroos on again.

still no cheque...

in the monthly magazine i buy i got another card....

3 kangaroos!!!!!

i say no more!

medalla
30-04-2009, 12:38
I have just received a purely Creative scratch card from the sky tv magazine. Have scratched it off and got 2 Grapes, and 3 Parasols. Does any one know what they mean?

I have noticed that the two bells and 3 kangaroos cards have an end date of 30/04/09 (today) and that the recent one I got is valid untill the 31/12/09. The colour layout of the cards are different as well, so I am guessing that this is a new series of cards with the same prizes but with the images all changed around.

Any money the 2 grapes is the 2 bells Greek Holidays and the 3 parasols is our beloved 3 Roos!

Littlerabbit
30-04-2009, 13:28
hi guys
i have got one as well~~ just yesterday, three dogs and 2 stars! Closing date is 30/09/2009.
I haven't call them yet, another one knows what're the claim numbers?

fergie1981
23-05-2009, 17:40
Ok, heres what you win depending on symbols, and if you have 3 of them? I was the idiot who sent the text message to find out?? and i dont want to repeat the mistake to find out the 2 symbol prizes!

oh well, hope this saves some people some cash.......

3 Surfers £20,000
3 Crabs £500
3 Anchors £1,000
3 Sunglasses £ 2,000
3 Feet £50
3 Helicopters £10,000
3 Cars £250
3 Dogs £10 (that was mine)
3 Lolly's £25
3 Drums £100,000

And if you have 3 horses, lemons or roses you have to call to validate your card, so i guess thats the £1,000,000?? Athough I wouldnt be surprised if the change the prize values often, or depending on your claim number? Clearly a scam, which makes me, clearly...a fool.

Littlerabbit
24-05-2009, 01:49
oh great~
thank you fergie1981, i have three dogs, i believe it's 10 quid, so forget it!

punky
24-05-2009, 11:57
For Pete's sake people just bin the flaming scratchcard crap in the bin as soon as it falls out the magazine.

If you really have a need to scratch cards, buy one from the National Lottery. You actually stand a chance of winning some money and if you don't, you get to help out a charity or two.

LondonRoad
28-05-2009, 12:51
For Pete's sake people just bin the flaming scratchcard crap in the bin as soon as it falls out the magazine.

If you really have a need to scratch cards, buy one from the National Lottery. You actually stand a chance of winning some money and if you don't, you get to help out a charity or two.

putting them in the recycle bin is even better. ;)

rojobe
30-05-2009, 17:24
You can make a gain on this. You can post a self addressed envelope off to them to get your claim number, then post the claim. I've had 3 x £10 which makes up for the couple of times I sent in a text for £9 only to find I'd won 10.

It's become a bit of a game with me now, and hopefully it's p*ssing them off.

virgin_tech
30-05-2009, 18:06
reading this post, i can imagine creative would really like to put the winning symbols and prizes as....

3 mugs = pay £10 in a text and £10 p&p to win a £5 prize

3 fools = pay £1 per min to listen to a code that always takes 10 mins, cus the first 9 mins of codes don't actually exsist

3 idiots = £1000 holiday* (really Small print) these are vouchers for a holiday worth £20k or above, you will never read this cus basically ur mmm..idiots..

1 mug 1 fool and 1 idiot = Condtratulations- you won £100,000 "well my boss has in the name of Joe Bloggs, because its his yearly bonus, hehe
=

PERI
08-06-2009, 14:04
OMG! I have THREE APPLES! BIll Saint, wrote that as of august 2008, thee apples equals the 1 million price! could somone else confirm that three apples is the great price?
And taken that I've actually won 1 million pounds, I have a great obstacle: I AM NORWEGIAN! so, I could need some assistance. Somone willing to recive the scratchcard and win the price on my behalf, then send 98% to mee, and the assictance will keep a fine little part - 20.000 pounds.
- Per Magnus, norwegian 17 year old

mentalis
08-06-2009, 14:26
putting them in the recycle bin is even better. ;)

As a general rule anything that falls out of a magazine goes in my recycling bin (as long as it is paper based - DVDs from computer magazines don't count); then after a while so does the magazine.

Druchii
08-06-2009, 14:43
OMG! I have THREE APPLES! BIll Saint, wrote that as of august 2008, thee apples equals the 1 million price! could somone else confirm that three apples is the great price?
And taken that I've actually won 1 million pounds, I have a great obstacle: I AM NORWEGIAN! so, I could need some assistance. Somone willing to recive the scratchcard and win the price on my behalf, then send 98% to mee, and the assictance will keep a fine little part - 20.000 pounds.
Pure scam.

And if you're not a pure scam, my advice is bin it.
Legge i papirkurv.

PERI
08-06-2009, 20:33
det er lett å være negativ til gratislodd, og har aldri trodd noe på det eller brydd meg noe særlig om det. men på en flytur hjemover fra bergen i går, fulgte det med 5 lodd i et four four two fotball magasin jeg kjøpte. jeg skrapte, fikk 3 epler og sjekka ut troverdigheten via nettet da jeg kom hjem. og reuters, the mirror, og en lokalavis meldte om en kvinne , Lorna Carr, som vant 1 million pund hos Purely Creative. så jeg velger å tro at dette ikke er tull, det finnes en slik premie! selskapetet er pure scam, i form av at de minste og fleste premiene, koster det mer å ringe inn, enn verdien på selve gevinsten .

Russ
08-06-2009, 20:35
det er lett å være negativ til gratislodd, og har aldri trodd noe på det eller brydd meg noe særlig om det. men på en flytur hjemover fra bergen i går, fulgte det med 5 lodd i et four four two fotball magasin jeg kjøpte. jeg skrapte, fikk 3 epler og sjekka ut troverdigheten via nettet da jeg kom hjem. og reuters, the mirror, og en lokalavis meldte om en kvinne , Lorna Carr, som vant 1 million pund hos Purely Creative. så jeg velger å tro at dette ikke er tull, det finnes en slik premie! selskapetet er pure scam, i form av at de minste og fleste premiene, koster det mer å ringe inn, enn verdien på selve gevinsten .

Please post in English only, thank you.

Druchii
08-06-2009, 21:00
Honestly, if there was no Norwegian number on it, bin it.
I know it seems odd to let a supposed Million go to waste, but it is just a scam, plain and simple.

Lord Nikon
09-06-2009, 01:44

it is easy to be negative to the free ticket, and have never thought anything of it or bothered me something about it. but on a flight home from Bergen yesterday, it came with 5 ticket in a four four two football magazine I bought. I scratched, had 3 apples and check out the credibility via the web when I came home. and Reuters, the mirror, and a lokalavis reported a woman, Lorna Carr, who won 1 million pounds of Purely Creative. so I choose to believe that this is not nonsense, such a prize! selskapetet is pure scam, in the form of the smallest and most of the premiums, it costs more to call in, than the value of the winnings.

Just to help out.

LondonRoad
09-06-2009, 10:28
Please post in English only, thank you.

That's actually closer to english than some of the posts ;) cough - Arthur -cough

virgin_tech
12-06-2009, 21:53

or.... OMG i got three apple, im american so seriously dumb.. send me 10,000 pounds and ill send you the winning ticket, when you cask the ticket send me the 1 million and keep the 10,000 pounds...

read it closley lol

yorkey
25-06-2009, 17:37
What do you do if you get 3 anchors and NO REPLY when you ask for code?

turbie
16-07-2009, 12:41
its my understanding that newspaper wholesalers place these scratch cards and other junk mail in newspapers before distributing to newsagents shops wether they have the approval of the newspaper is another matter

Len1square8
24-07-2009, 11:37
Ok, heres what you win depending on symbols, and if you have 3 of them? I was the idiot who sent the text message to find out?? and i dont want to repeat the mistake to find out the 2 symbol prizes!

oh well, hope this saves some people some cash.......

3 Surfers £20,000
3 Crabs £500
3 Anchors £1,000
3 Sunglasses £ 2,000
3 Feet £50
3 Helicopters £10,000
3 Cars £250
3 Dogs £10 (that was mine)
3 Lolly's £25
3 Drums £100,000

And if you have 3 horses, lemons or roses you have to call to validate your card, so i guess thats the £1,000,000?? Athough I wouldnt be surprised if the change the prize values often, or depending on your claim number? Clearly a scam, which makes me, clearly...a fool.

Hi,
Thanks for the above info. Where did you find it? Do you know what 2 bikes and 3 apples are worth.
Thanks you very much.

---------- Post added at 10:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

Sorry fergie 1981, hadn't properly read the top of your message.
If anybody knows (serious anwsers only) please let me know.

punky
24-07-2009, 12:36
Every time this thread is bumped I lost a little more faith in humanity.

Maggy
24-07-2009, 18:16
Every time this thread is bumped I lost a little more faith in humanity.

Surprised you still had any left punky...:D ;)

shpgrl
11-08-2009, 18:52
Well I got 2 bikes and 3 apples like Lens1square, so I think the codes may have changed since last year. Otherwise we both have won a MILLION pounds!!

Anyone know what the new codes are?

D.

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 10:53
Re: Does anyone know the worth of 3 parasols in the one million pound scratchcard?

Julian
12-08-2009, 11:05
Blimey I was wondering why there were soooo many 1st time posters in this thread... putting the company name into google puts this thread 2nd only to the company itself!!!!! :erm:

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 11:33
If only someone could give us reliable information about this scratchcard!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

If it is a SCAM we should know so we don't waste our money and time trying to find out what we have won.

punky
12-08-2009, 11:36
[/COLOR]If it is a SCAM we should know so we don't waste our money and time trying to find out what we have won.

You really have to ask?

Mods, can you close those thread? If only to protect people's money from themselves. Noone seems to heed any warnings.

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 11:43
Life is difficult enough without being given FALSE hope!

---------- Post added at 09:43 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

I believe is is a scam! I am doing the search on the scratchcard for a friend who has a scratchcard with 3 parasols. I don't want to tell them to throw it away just in case i am wrong!

Raistlin
12-08-2009, 11:44
Agreed, and you should take that up with the company concerned.

Life is difficult enough without being given FALSE hope!

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 11:54
To Rob
If i could find the company's email address I would!

Maggy
12-08-2009, 12:00
To Rob

If you ever do please come back and tell us...and if anyone out there has an address please do share...:)

Raistlin
12-08-2009, 12:02
To Rob

Will you settle for an address and telephone number:

http://www.purelycreative.com/help/contactcustomerservice.htm

Help is but a Google search away :)

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 ----------

You may also find this thread useful:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=136789

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 12:17
To Rob

Thank you.

I will try to contact the company.

---------- Post added at 10:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Maggy

I will let people know whatever I find.

greenfingers
12-08-2009, 22:04
Hi im new and stumbled across tha thread of discusssion by accident I WAS looking for the official winners site for purely creative-
I have no bad experiences of the company myself I am one of the winners of the holiday and ive just returned from a fabulous hoilday that was a cruise down the Nile!
They coughed up the prize nicely-and i have to say that i was sceptical and disappointed with the suncontractors who actually provided the prize but the managing director of the cpopany dealt with me nicely politely professionally and gave me the prize
she was upset that I didn't trust them and that i didn't quite get my prize hoilday s quickly as promised however she was good for her word and Egypt was an amazing experience-yes its true most cards are winners and yyes there are a few hoops to jump through Ive now just won a trip to Dublin for two-supposed to include flight,and hotel-
only possible catches is that they might potentialy(mine didn't) have a little cost involved EG a cruise might not include the flight or food but it still represnts a cheap hilday offer Mine include free flight free transfers to ship and free food anon board plus acouple of tours-The ship's tour operator got me to purchase some additional tours whilst ther but that's normal -and compared the same as the other paying passengers who were jealous as hell of me-
I repeat i won a straighforward no hitches no catches free holiday(for one) being a single bloke i took it I suppose they hope that you buy additional places for partner sp[ouse etcetera-but I had a good no messing about holday.

CASSANDRA
12-08-2009, 22:49
To Greenfingers

Thank you for your reply.Out of curiosity what 3 symbols did you have on your scratchcard?

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

To Maggy

Read the information at the 2 addresses given by Rob.

Maggy
13-08-2009, 00:19
Hi im new and stumbled across tha thread of discusssion by accident I WAS looking for the official winners site for purely creative-
I have no bad experiences of the company myself I am one of the winners of the holiday and ive just returned from a fabulous hoilday that was a cruise down the Nile!
They coughed up the prize nicely-and i have to say that i was sceptical and disappointed with the suncontractors who actually provided the prize but the managing director of the cpopany dealt with me nicely politely professionally and gave me the prize
she was upset that I didn't trust them and that i didn't quite get my prize hoilday s quickly as promised however she was good for her word and Egypt was an amazing experience-yes its true most cards are winners and yyes there are a few hoops to jump through Ive now just won a trip to Dublin for two-supposed to include flight,and hotel-
only possible catches is that they might potentialy(mine didn't) have a little cost involved EG a cruise might not include the flight or food but it still represnts a cheap hilday offer Mine include free flight free transfers to ship and free food anon board plus acouple of tours-The ship's tour operator got me to purchase some additional tours whilst ther but that's normal -and compared the same as the other paying passengers who were jealous as hell of me-
I repeat i won a straighforward no hitches no catches free holiday(for one) being a single bloke i took it I suppose they hope that you buy additional places for partner sp[ouse etcetera-but I had a good no messing about holday.

Hmmm!

Finally someone who appears to be a legit winner..However I would like a lot more proof and I'm sure you will understand the lack of faith as so many have been 'disappointed' by their prizes..and the cost of claiming them.:shrug:

bardox
24-08-2009, 14:44
Saw this thread, I had 3 helicopters so text the number as I thought I had won £10,000 turns out I have won his/her designer watch.

List of prizes at 24/8/09 as follows.

£1,000 Comit gift card = 3 x Rose
£50 = 3 x Kangaroo
£10,000 = 3 x Drums
£10 = 3 x Triangle
MP3 Player = 3 x Shirt
Free groceries for 1 yr = 3 x Cherry
His/her designer watch = 3 x Helicopter (Mine)
His/her designer fragrance = 3 x Cake
£100,000 = 3 x Crab
£5,000 = 3 x House
£250 Primark gift card = 3 x Guitar
£20 = 3 x Lemons
£25,000 = 3 x Sun

3 x fleet, 3 x pencil, 3 x aeroplane = need to validate claim (?£1,000,000)

Hope this helps people save some money.

Cheers Bardox

Waldo Pepper
24-08-2009, 16:43
And what has this got to do with Virgin Media :confused:

Moved.
Nothing, but he/she is probably a VM customer. It's a question in a lifestyle forum hosted by VM about a specific general enquiry. A large percentage of posts are nothing to do with VM so why single this one out?

Still, I suppose he could ring your customer services in Goa and speak to "Peter" for advice.

So where has it been moved to?

Raistlin
24-08-2009, 16:54
Nothing, but he/she is probably a VM customer. It's a question in a lifestyle forum hosted by VM about a specific general enquiry. A large percentage of posts are nothing to do with VM so why single this one out?

Still, I suppose he could ring your customer services in Goa and speak to "Peter" for advice.

So where has it been moved to?

It was originally posted within a Virgin Media specific section of the forum, probably either 'Internet Services' or 'Cable TV', and has been 'moved' here (on the 6th of December 2007, over 18 months ago!) to the 'Lifestyle' section of the forum which is a more appropriate location for it.

The customer service agents 'in Goa' aren't ours specifically, or indeed Rob's generally, as this forum isn't owned/run by Virgin Media. We're not 'hosted' by them either.

So....keeping the above in mind, how about a little less attitude and a little more thought before you post?

Thank you.

mishmash44
24-08-2009, 19:31
Hi,this is a "Thankyou" to bardox for recent post !!

Yes, also 3 helicopters !!

Just out of interest, was your card 2nd on a strip of 4 with 2 dogs and a parasol on the 4th one ??

Gibson
26-08-2009, 21:41
A Couple Of Days Ago I Scraped Off 2 Pears And 3 Lions?

crumble906
30-08-2009, 10:40
If you have a ticket why phone them. If you look at the rules you will see that you can send a self addressed envelope requesting your claims number and they will send it to you.

richladysue
02-09-2009, 16:27
Hi I just joined the Cable |Forum. I just wish I had read it before.

Yesterday we bought the Thats Life magazine.Inside were four win a million £ scratch cards.from purely creative.

My initial reaction was to bin them, but out of curiousity "HER IN DOORS" scratched them..Shes not usualy that gullible..She was surpised that we had not one..but two winning cards . One could be a Million Pounds and the other down to £10.00 cheuqe.. BUT WE HAD DEFINATELY ( WELL ALMOST DEFINATELY) WON THE PRIZE.

Reluctantly I phoned the number/s after I explained to my wife..The prizes was probabaly at the best a £10.00 voucher. The cost of the call was £9.00 so they were not out to lose any money.

There are two different telephone number so i forked out £20! ( clever marketting) to claim my two prizes..

One turned out to be a Greek cruise for 2 and the other was a £10 voucher.

After reading the forum and seeing what tricks they get up to to dissquade
you from taking the holiday and the scam with another £10 postage if you win the MP3.. worth £5.95. In hjave decided niot to waste more time and money.It will be interesting to see if I ever get the £10 cash.. I am not holding my breath.

IT might assist members and save them money if they know in advance waht the prize is they have won. This may change from time to time, but at present this is what you get ( I wrote them all down)

First if you have 2 symbols the same
anyway..

2 stars.£50 boots voucher
2 cars ..tv
2 drums ...£100 m/s vouchers
2 houses... phillips disc player
2 bats... case of wine
2 kangaroos £250 tesco vouchers
2 pears £2000
2 lemons ( my prize) 7 day cruise..joke..

IF YOU HAVE THREE THE SAME YOU WIN

[3 SUNS £2000 CASH
3 BIKES £250 CASH
3 PARASOLS £25 CASH
3 CAKES £500 CASH
3 HELICOPTERS £5000
3 TREES £10,000 CASH
3 TELEPHONES £50 CASH
3 APPLES, HORSES ,OR ROBINS £1M. ( ONLYONE WINNER VIN 18 YEASR SO DONT HOLD YOUR BREATH
3 DOGS £20,000
3 SERPENTS £100,000
3 LOLLIES £1000 CASH

AND FINALLY THE LAST ITEM.. ( THE WON I GOT).. AND I suspect MOST OTHER PEOPLE..
3 CRABS £10 CASH..

i DONT BELEIVE FOR ONE MINUTE I WILL EVER GET THE £10. THEY WILL ,PROBALY WANT ME TO SEND ANOTHER £5.00 POSTAGE TO GET IT DELIVERED.OR THEY WILL UNLAWFULLY SEND ME FIVE TEXTS MESSAGES AT £1.00 EACH TO TELL ME I HAVE WON IT...AND ANOTHER FIVE TO SAY ITS ON THE WAY/..

ANYWAY.. AT 70 YEARS OF AGE.. WE NEVER LEARN.. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU ANYWAY.

BILL SAINT.

Does anyone have a list of the latest "prizes"? I have 3 bells and wondering whether it is worth bothering. Thanks.

Sirius
02-09-2009, 16:50
Does anyone have a list of the latest "prizes"? I have 3 bells and wondering whether it is worth bothering. Thanks.

Please rearrange this well known saying

Born Everyday One.

richladysue
02-09-2009, 19:09
Please rearrange this well known saying

Born Everyday One.

Every day One Born? - Everyday should be two words.

Druchii
02-09-2009, 19:10
Every day One Born? - Everyday should be two words.
No, it should not be.

richladysue
02-09-2009, 19:20
No, it should not be.

You are correct. There are thousands born every day!

Paul
02-09-2009, 22:53
Cleaned up slightly. Inflamatory and insulting posts are not needed.

rlaidez
08-09-2009, 10:32
the new codes
2* SUNGLASSES = Holiday in Paris
2* CAKE = Mortgage or rent paid for 1 year
2*BIKE = Spanish Cruise
2* ANCHOR = Holiday in Las Vegas
2* RABBIT = Iphone + 1year contract
2* HELICOPTER = Topshop Voucher 500£

As far as I am concerned I ve won the Spanish Cruise last week....

fireman328
08-09-2009, 22:17
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Read my lips, ITS A SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!

Raistlin
09-09-2009, 08:45

Trust me, the sort of people that deeply believe that this is true do so because they want to believe it's true.

There's going to be little that you, or I, can do to convince them otherwise.

Royal Brunette
25-10-2009, 13:04
Does anyone knows the wiinning for the 3 bats on the scratch card?

webcrawler2050
25-10-2009, 13:08

Why is it when people don't understand something just naturally assume "SCAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM""" I mean jesus christ have you not thought, this is a "real" business - it's a clever marketing gimmick - nothing more - just happens they are clever enough to draw you in and make you "waste" money on a scrap of card..

Sirius
25-10-2009, 13:09
Does anyone knows the wiinning for the 3 bats on the scratch card?:LOL: and here we go again

cjelendu
27-10-2009, 12:23
Saw this thread, I had 3 helicopters so text the number as I thought I had won £10,000 turns out I have won his/her designer watch.

List of prizes at 24/8/09 as follows.

£1,000 Comit gift card = 3 x Rose
£50 = 3 x Kangaroo
£10,000 = 3 x Drums
£10 = 3 x Triangle
MP3 Player = 3 x Shirt
Free groceries for 1 yr = 3 x Cherry
His/her designer watch = 3 x Helicopter (Mine)
His/her designer fragrance = 3 x Cake
£100,000 = 3 x Crab
£5,000 = 3 x House
£250 Primark gift card = 3 x Guitar
£20 = 3 x Lemons
£25,000 = 3 x Sun

3 x fleet, 3 x pencil, 3 x aeroplane = need to validate claim (?£1,000,000)

Hope this helps people save some money.

Cheers Bardox

I think wat determines wat you win is
d alphanumeric code on ur card dat u're askd to text and/or the phone no.
Its usually PLUTO16 or MARS44 or LAKE40...somethin like dat.
Remember wat was on urs?

bardox
16-11-2009, 15:49
I think wat determines wat you win is
d alphanumeric code on ur card dat u're askd to text and/or the phone no.
Its usually PLUTO16 or MARS44 or LAKE40...somethin like dat.
Remember wat was on urs?

No sorry,

But I did receive my watch today, It's actualy quite nice. I scanned the claims form they sent me and e-mailed it to them. The only cost involved was the original to get my claims number (which they stated). 6 texts at £1.50. Theres a tag on the watch box which says £129.99, obviously its not going to be worth that much but for under a tenner it lovely, well nice.
Just thought I would update.

Cheers Bardox

AdamD
16-11-2009, 22:01
Wasn't one of those Claude Valentini watches was it? heh
I remember winning one of those watches through a fruit machine type game
The box had a flashy tag with "RRP £199.99!", but they rarely sold for more than £10 on Ebay hehe.

bardox
16-11-2009, 22:35
Its a versedge, looks nice the wife likes, so im happy anway :P

Hugh
16-11-2009, 22:36
Do you mean Versace?

AdamD
17-11-2009, 03:19
No I think he does mean Versedge

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s?ie=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=watches&field-keywords=Versedge

Similiar to the watch I had (Large RRP, but very low real price)

http://www.esources.co.uk/product/29611/

But they do look pretty good, just depends on the internals I guess.

cezar
14-01-2010, 17:42
I've got 3 bats . anyone konw what they represent?
and 2 loly aswell.

Kymmy
14-01-2010, 17:43
Ring up/text and find out.. You've only got money to lose..

cezar
14-01-2010, 18:31
i've found the answer: with 3 bats i should win 10 pounds...i have done the mistake and i texted to that no, it eat me 9 pounds...so, I won 1 pound...
don't do the same....:)

yorkey
27-01-2010, 16:48
yorkie
Please supply list of winning combinations and associated prize offers for the draw which ends in 28-01-10 and 30-04-10 and provide the reference numbers required for;
28-01-10 3 bats and 2 lolly 3 appel and 2 bike
30-04-10 3 shoes 2 candy
Also please supply a full list of prizes for each draw assovciated with 3 symbols and 2 symbols respectivel

Kymmy
27-01-2010, 17:17
Yorkie, please do the following.

Read the ticket

If after that you wish to comply with the tickets instructions then please do so. Please note though that it's nothing to do with cableforum... :rolleyes:

Finn
08-02-2010, 15:04
Yeah me too got exactly the same. Haven't seen any posts mentionning lions or pears. Anyone know what they represent?
Thanks

Interesting coincidence... I got 3 lions and 2 pears as well. I just had to register to share this fascinating fact. Luckily I live in Finland and can't (and don't want to) claim these (veeery probably) ENORMOUS prizes. If somebody in the UK wants to become rich, I could mail this ticket there. Ha.

PS. It came with a PC Answers that a relative of mine orders from there. I'm sure this piece of info is also most interesting and fascinates everyone. Oh well... cheers.

multiskilled
08-02-2010, 15:20
Any know what you get for,

: 3 lines
: 3 Hooks
: 3 sinkers

Not necessarily in that order. :D

MrSlippy
18-04-2010, 18:58
Purely Creative are the biggest scammers in the business- they ignore my repeated requests for the cash prize they initially said I had won. They are based in Caton Road, Lancaster and advertise through scratch cards in national newspapers. Stay well away from them.

surf91
20-04-2010, 00:05
are you the million pound holder?

does anyone know what the prize is for 3 triangles closing date 30/07/10

thanks

Scrubbs
24-04-2010, 17:44

thanks

yes I think I know;) (but it will cost you to find out:D)

Kymmy
24-04-2010, 17:51

thanks

Yep, I believe 3 triangles has the same prize as mentioned in post #114 ;) with a likely result as mentioned in post #115 :D

Sirius
24-04-2010, 18:16
its the legalised 3 cups and a ball trick

Paul
24-04-2010, 18:38
They tried to get us to remove this thread a while back.

We refused, and invited them to join the forum and correct any member views they considered incorrect. I guess they decided not to.

Bob Jenkins
18-05-2010, 22:42
Interesting how the fees and charges for this competition are in very small print, and no asterix or reference to the charges where the phone numbers are printed.
Is there a case for duty of disclosure here??

surely someone without glasses will not see the small print, and as there is no reference to the charges people assume there is no charge for the text...
I guess they count on that at Purely Creative so they can rip you off !
deterence is the best way to offer prizes without follow through which explains the tedious and lengthy claims process....
Let's all get together and take a class action against these buggers... I think we would have a case !
... and what happens if a 14 year old sends a text?.. as the lowest prize offered is less than the cost of claiming it, does this not constitute gambling??
I thought it was illegal for minors to gamble or be encouraged to gamble... and without their consent or knowledge...
Come On people, lets take these guys to court in a class action and send them out of town !

dimascio
25-05-2010, 11:48
Whenever you get one of these scams just send everything back to the source company, do that anonymously and without postage. YOu might also want to include any other spam mail that came through your door that day/week.

Sirius
25-05-2010, 12:57
Whenever you get one of these scams just send everything back to the source company, do that anonymously and without postage. YOu might also want to include any other spam mail that came through your door that day/week.

I have been doing that sort of thing for while now. Especially with BT who even after i have requested many time that they do not send sale's literature to me or my address still do. So i bag it all up and send it back to them postage to be paid by receiver or in there own postage paid envelope. I do it to anyone who sends sale's or scam literature to me i have not requested

:LOL:

Dingoboy
07-06-2010, 00:56
Interesting how the fees and charges for this competition are in very small print, and no asterix or reference to the charges where the phone numbers are printed.
Is there a case for duty of disclosure here??

surely someone without glasses will not see the small print, and as there is no reference to the charges people assume there is no charge for the text...
I guess they count on that at Purely Creative so they can rip you off !
deterence is the best way to offer prizes without follow through which explains the tedious and lengthy claims process....
Let's all get together and take a class action against these buggers... I think we would have a case !
... and what happens if a 14 year old sends a text?.. as the lowest prize offered is less than the cost of claiming it, does this not constitute gambling??
I thought it was illegal for minors to gamble or be encouraged to gamble... and without their consent or knowledge...
Come On people, lets take these guys to court in a class action and send them out of town !
Bob, you are right they should be looked at in court.
It is now a joke with me a my wife every time I open certain new papers or mags there's a scratch card. I say bet me I'm not a winner. Every time I'm a winner??? A three then a two of something. I just chuck them in the Bin. While people keep paying good money over the phone for little or nothing they will carry on fleecing the gulible public and I must say there must be plenty as they have been doing it for years. I'm old enough to having to use a maginfying glass to read the small print and old enough to know you NEVER get something for nothing. To any of the big winners let me hear from you we would all like to know without spending money for their so called winners list.

Maggy
07-06-2010, 08:54
I have been doing that sort of thing for while now. Especially with BT who even after i have requested many time that they do not send sale's literature to me or my address still do. So i bag it all up and send it back to them postage to be paid by receiver or in there own postage paid envelope. I do it to anyone who sends sale's or scam literature to me i have not requested

:LOL:

Unfortunately VM don't send me any prepaid return envelopes...:erm:

Luciana Morin
12-06-2010, 04:15
Hey Guys,
I'm new here in this forum, just came attracted to this great topic.

I wonder if anyone here has won a big prize (if they actually pay) and if it is possible that someone outside of United Kingdom receives the money.

I don't know if the amount of money is right, but I got a scratch card with the Times newspaper, and shaved. Looks like I won two prizes: 2 x Cakes (do not know what that means) 3 x Hearts (I do not know neither, but I saw a topic that says the hearts gave the grand prize of one million).
Does anyone have a list of symbols and their prizes?

If anyone can provide me this information I will be veeeeeeeeery grateful.
Sincerely,
Luciana

Kymmy
12-06-2010, 10:32
If you're that interested in winning a million just call them up (or text them)

:D :D :D

Seriously though with the full content of this thread I'm beginning to wonder about every new poster who hasn't yet realised that this is probably a way to get at least £8 off them for a prize that the company have probably bought at a bankruptcy auction for probably £1

Kymmy
12-06-2010, 11:50
SSsssshhhhhh!!!! You'll give the company ideas... Ring up an £8 phone line and win a prize worth a couple of quid!!!

Oh, too late they already have that one sussed!!!

a66448579
11-10-2010, 22:16
Hey
Just thought i would let everyone know that 3 apples does NOT win you £1,000,000... its £10.

mrslange
09-12-2010, 20:29
Hi guys.

I actually called the number for the 2 matching symbols Top Treat prize.
here are the symbols and there corrosponding prizes
2 sweets = samsung 3d hdtv
2 apples = £200 boots voucher
2 roses = £500 M&S shopping spree
2 stars = Amazon Kindle
2 trees =£250 Next gift card
2 hearts= £100 argos gift card
2 lollies = cruise (royal carribean winter sun)
2 cakes = 5* hotel hol in turkey for two

i had 2 cakes lucky me. I read somewhere that the hol in turkey is the most common prize. apparently one of the hotels is not near any other food source so they 'encourage' you to take advantage of the half board deal.
does anyone know what hidden costs there will be? i'm in no doubt there will be some.
oh and does anyone know what the money prize symbols mean?
I have 3 boats. 2 winning cards on one strip now would you believe that haha;)

shikiraclare
19-12-2010, 23:41
Like everyone else who has fallen victim to the allure of scratching, I too had won a (supposed) cash prize of £10 for matching three elusive symbols and wasted £9 of my partner's phone credit to learn the pure rotten truth associated with these marketing ploys.

Of course, you are not meant to win anything in terms of cash or even a first generation gadget, but it is the prospect of claiming something for your efforts that hooks you to it, even if just only once. The fortunate ones that have won, are those that are exceptions to the rule, because how else can a marketing company under legal investigation prove the validity of their claims that people the world over, do win something? - So, it is not a scam, but a highly lucrative business plan that gets away with insulting the intelligence of even smart people!

No matter what the elaborate and fanciful wording is on the card; it is there for a reason: to get you to part with cash via phone that gets collected in some form.

I've never been a keen or eager scratcher of cards and do not gamble (do not even play the lottery) but, occasionally I just would like to take a risk and hopefully win some money. My three matching symbols were a farce as a second-class stamp certifies this fact loud and clear.

The only real advice you can give to yourself and others, is to learn from one mistake no more than twice and if you really do want a better chance of winning cash, to invest in a monthly £10 spree in a national lottery ticket: (your money isn't wasted as it also goes towards charities) this makes taking an innocent risk much more worthwhile.

Purely Creative, suggests exactly what it is: something playful as long as you are prepared to be disappointed with the results! - Advertising skills are a truly powerful tool and why non sales people, cannot get around the marketing myriad that swamps newspapers in every western continent.

I will never waste my time nor money again and, am sure that many thousand households have already done the same even if the rest of humanity is yet to catch up.

Kymmy
20-12-2010, 10:10
Hi guys.

I actually called the number for the 2 matching symbols Top Treat prize.
here are the symbols and there corrosponding prizes
2 sweets = samsung 3d hdtv
2 apples = £200 boots voucher
2 roses = £500 M&S shopping spree
2 stars = Amazon Kindle
2 trees =£250 Next gift card
2 hearts= £100 argos gift card
2 lollies = cruise (royal carribean winter sun)
2 cakes = 5* hotel hol in turkey for two

i had 2 cakes lucky me. I read somewhere that the hol in turkey is the most common prize. apparently one of the hotels is not near any other food source so they 'encourage' you to take advantage of the half board deal.
does anyone know what hidden costs there will be? i'm in no doubt there will be some.
oh and does anyone know what the money prize symbols mean?
I have 3 boats. 2 winning cards on one strip now would you believe that haha;)

Usually everything is extra, you've won a hotel room, that's normally on condition that you pay for your own flights with their carrier.. In the end you pay probably more for the "holiday" than you would going on a standard package tour..

tracyleanne
20-02-2011, 09:47
What do you get for 3 bats, rabies??

tosh mate
21-02-2011, 00:19
it sounds a right scam, and TBH i don't like the Daily Mirror

Stuart
21-02-2011, 00:32
This thread just goes to prove the old saying. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

These sorts of schemes aren't new, and I doubt they are going to vanish soon. Companies like this are surprisingly good at staying just the right side of the law. So, people need to be careful.

Nadine
03-02-2012, 01:16
Hi there, ive just won, similarly to the original person who posted the thread, 2 panels on the purely creative scratch card. First prize and second prize,
the prizes for 1st prize include:
£1 Million
£100,000
£20,000
£10,000
week at vinitetian hotel in las vegas for 2
£1000 tesco voucher
£50
hand held dyson vaccum

Basically, kind people, is it with me perusing this?
Or should i get rid now?

Peter_
03-02-2012, 07:53
Hi there, ive just won, similarly to the original person who posted the thread, 2 panels on the purely creative scratch card. First prize and second prize,
the prizes for 1st prize include:
£1 Million
£100,000
£20,000
£10,000
week at vinitetian hotel in las vegas for 2
£1000 tesco voucher
£50
hand held dyson vaccum

Basically, kind people, is it with me perusing this?
Or should i get rid now?
https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2012/02/56.jpg

jeany
28-08-2014, 14:24
i just done one and got 3 dogs and 2 dice so this wont be just 10 pound right?

Gary L
28-08-2014, 18:57
Probably a car or an holiday. or even both.

Matth
27-10-2014, 19:15
Seem to be a round of these turning up again bundles with Sunday supplements etc.

You ALWAYS get 3 somethings and 2 somethings.

The 3x prize they have most of is a "holiday" (not including flights, and "subject to availability").

Sfer
18-12-2014, 12:29
If you really want to have a laugh find the CEO of Purely Creative on LinkedIn, Catherine Cummins, and email her. She is hilarious! She writes massive emails back and tries to defend herself and her company despite being taken to the High Court and losing. Of course its a scam. They give the majority of people a card that tells them they have won but there is a second phase to go through which means you might not have actually won anything. The people that stupidly respond spend about £9.00 each trying to claim a prize only to find that either the prize is not worth the £9.00 they have spent or they have not actually won anything at all. Its a con. One apparent £1 Million pound winner in over 27 years and even they are very elusive! Catherine Cummins is very funny though!

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Seem to be a round of these turning up again bundles with Sunday supplements etc.

You ALWAYS get 3 somethings and 2 somethings.

The 3x prize they have most of is a "holiday" (not including flights, and "subject to availability").

The "Holiday" is 7 nights in a high pressure timeshare resort which you could get for free if you were prepared to suffer some obnoxious salesman trying to get you to buy a share in a flat you probably won't ever visit again. I know because I went through the process (via free post of course) just to see what it was all about. It's a con!