PDA

View Full Version : Being constantly tired.

mrmistoffelees
04-12-2007, 19:47
Some advice please if possible ?

For the past few months now I am almost constantly shattered. I wake at six am and I am able to get up and out of bed straight away without being tired, take the dog out for a walk, come back, get a shower have some coffee and then head off to work about seven ish. Get into work for about eight, leave work anywhere between four and six ish and then it is another hours drive home. By the time I get home I am shot to bits and it takes me all my energy to take the dog out again for another walk. For the past few weeks bed time has been anywhere between eight o'clock and half nine at the latest.

A few facts about me for the budding GP's

5'10 and just under seventeen stone (yes, im a fatty :D)
Drink a lot of coffee
Smoke about twenty ciggarettes a day
Work can be physically demanding but is more mentally demanding.

This is really starting to wear me down now :(

Mr Angry
04-12-2007, 19:55
Stress.

mrmistoffelees
04-12-2007, 19:57
Stress.

I dont feel, depressed or fed up though, just shattered.

The other thing I've noticed is I can't have a lie in on a day off or a weekend. Once I'm awake that's it and i can't get back to sleep

tonycee
04-12-2007, 20:02
try horlicks !

Mr Angry
04-12-2007, 20:03
I dont feel, depressed or fed up though, just shattered.

The other thing I've noticed is I can't have a lie in on a day off or a weekend. Once I'm awake that's it and i can't get back to sleep

Stress.

You don't need to feel "depressed or fed up". Your body is telling you it has had enough.

gaffer_gump
04-12-2007, 20:04
try horlicks !

Yeah but he will still have to get up and let them out... :erm:

mrmistoffelees
04-12-2007, 20:04
Stress.

You don't need to feel "depressed or fed up". Your body is telling you it has had enough.

I think I need a holiday somewhere, I've only used six days leave this year

superbiatch
04-12-2007, 20:11
I think I need a holiday somewhere, I've only used six days leave this year

Therein lies one possible answer ;)

I'm much the same and haven't managed to get away much over the last few years. But 3 days in amsterdam in september de-stressed me completely (nothing to do with the coffee shops!) and i was ready to take on another stint in work.

Take a break, and try to sort out some of them bad habits :p:

cimt
04-12-2007, 20:12
Well, if I was from Middlesbrough I'd rather be asleep than outside with half the prats... :erm:

Have you been to your GP?

mrmistoffelees
04-12-2007, 20:13
Therein lies one possible answer ;)

I'm much the same and haven't managed to get away much over the last few years. But 3 days in amsterdam in september de-stressed me completely (nothing to do with the coffee shops!) and i was ready to take on another stint in work.

Take a break, and try to sort out some of them bad habits :p:

If i took a break i'd end up spending more time on here posting more rubbish than i normally do :D

cybernetic_tiger
04-12-2007, 20:13
Sometimes too much sleep can cause people to be tired (it does me)!

You should get using those days off and try a nice getaway to the peak district (or somewhere similar), then take in some refreshing air and unwind...

Take it easy!!

superbiatch
04-12-2007, 20:14
If i took a break i'd end up spending more time on here posting more rubbish than i normally do :D

Book a break away or go and visit some friends :)

Ramrod
04-12-2007, 20:14
Diabetes or hypothyroid perhaps.....see your GP...

mrmistoffelees
04-12-2007, 20:22
Well, if I was from Middlesbrough I'd rather be asleep than outside with half the prats... :erm:

Have you been to your GP?

Well aye there is that I guess :D

Only been living here a couple of months, so have not got registered with a GP, to busy gutting the house and decorating and then work. Ill have to find a GP in the area and see what they say

goldoni
04-12-2007, 20:33
Best thing pay a visit to your GP and he will get some blood tests done. Any thing over 5 coffees per day is over what you should be drinking. The smoking is a total big big no :td:

I was the same as you but a true fatty and I’m only 5’8” my blood tests confirmed I was diabetic type II so I was sent off to control it by diet and told to stop smoking and cut down on my coffee intake. Regarding the drinking I used to have two small (normal size) glasses of wine and the doc told me to try and cut down, so I only drink one big glass of wine.:D

Nip in and have a word with your doc.

The money I have saved on not smoking has paid for a new Laptop and I still have some money left. :p:

Vlad_Dracul
04-12-2007, 21:41
Doctors call it TAT, Tired all the time. Its a common complaint and i do suffer from it myself from time to time. You already know part of the answer of course don't you? If you haven't a clue I'll give you some pointers;

(1)Lose weight and excercise
(2) give up/cut back smoking
(3)Try to relax,de-stress,have a massage(proper one !)
(4)get your health checked in case you have any issues there

Of course you will probably just carry on. Thats what men do. You are no good to yourself or family if you are ill or worse.

Sometimes you have to be selfish and put yourself first.

Graham M
04-12-2007, 21:54

I was going to suggest Diabetes! Go get checked out!

Mr_love_monkey
04-12-2007, 22:08
I was going to suggest Diabetes! Go get checked out!

I was going to suggest taking speed

zing_deleted
04-12-2007, 22:12

could it be anaemia also?

Ramrod
04-12-2007, 23:05
could it be anaemia also?That too :tu:
There are many reasons for TATT. Might be something, might be nothing.
All the more reason to see the GP

tweetypie/8
05-12-2007, 00:37
Stress.

your bang on mr angry :tu: stress has many many lousy ways to affect the human body

greencreeper
05-12-2007, 02:41
Just age. I tire more easily these days, and make more mistakes. Just have to accept it - by the time it's really bad, dementia has usually set in and you won't remember anything anyway.

Nidge
05-12-2007, 05:10
Some advice please if possible ?

For the past few months now I am almost constantly shattered. I wake at six am and I am able to get up and out of bed straight away without being tired, take the dog out for a walk, come back, get a shower have some coffee and then head off to work about seven ish. Get into work for about eight, leave work anywhere between four and six ish and then it is another hours drive home. By the time I get home I am shot to bits and it takes me all my energy to take the dog out again for another walk. For the past few weeks bed time has been anywhere between eight o'clock and half nine at the latest.

A few facts about me for the budding GP's

5'10 and just under seventeen stone (yes, im a fatty :D)
Drink a lot of coffee
Smoke about twenty ciggarettes a day
Work can be physically demanding but is more mentally demanding.

This is really starting to wear me down now :(

Hi mate, sorry to hear about your problems, a few years ago I went through a releationship breakdown, this caused me to have sleepless nights, stress and all the other things that come attached with the above ^^^^^^.

A few months later I'd got myself sorted out my sleeping was ok but like you I was always tired, I went to the doctors who did all the blood tests, urine tests the whole shooting match, nothing came back the doctor said your run down take it easy, I asked him if giving up smoking would help? He said if you enjoy a ciggie and you have them in moderation then no don't take away the things you enjoy.

A few weeks later I was talking to a guy at the gym who'd just passed his exams for sports massage, he offered me a one for free so I took him up on it, he got to work on me and said all your muscles are knotted up causing stress, he worked on them giving them a real good kneading, he did all of my back, shoulders, neck, arms, when he'd finished I went home and slept for 16 hours. The next day I felt brand new, I now have a massage every 2 weeks it's done the job for me.

PeteTheMusicGuy
05-12-2007, 10:54
Go see your Doc and get some blood tests done as there could be a few reasons :)

LSainsbury
05-12-2007, 20:00
/ Off topic... (Well kind of...)

Where's Salu these days....not seen him around for a while!

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

(1)Lose weight and excercise
(2) give up/cut back smoking
(3)Try to relax,de-stress,have a massage(proper one !)
(4)get your health checked in case you have any issues there

Dito to that!

Join a gym??

superbiatch
05-12-2007, 20:03
Join a gym??

Easy said, not so easy to motivate yourself to go. I should know i've got a gym in my apartment block and haven't been since about June :erm:

LSainsbury
05-12-2007, 20:24
Easy said, not so easy to motivate yourself to go. I should know i've got a gym in my apartment block and haven't been since about June :erm:

Tell me about it...I joined one and been about 4 times... :erm:

Wicked_and_Crazy
05-12-2007, 22:16

Easy to motivate yourself when you see cash going out of your account each month for it. Plus i find it easier to go when its busier, may sound strange but other people being there can be a motivation too

superbiatch
05-12-2007, 22:27
Easy to motivate yourself when you see cash going out of your account each month for it. Plus i find it easier to go when its busier, may sound strange but other people being there can be a motivation too

Therein lies the problems, i don't pay for it and there's never any eye-candy to look at while i'm there :(

Mr_love_monkey
05-12-2007, 22:27

you could always post sweaty pictures of yourself on the web and charge people to see them

Graham M
05-12-2007, 23:57
you could always post sweaty pictures of yourself on the web and charge people to see them

You'd go bankrupt if he did :p: