PDA

View Full Version : Sky HD box USB port.

geebeeone
04-12-2007, 16:38
I understand that the USB port on the sky HD box is not functional ATM, but will it still power my HDMI switch box which has a USB port?

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

I understand that the USB port on the sky HD box is not functional ATM, but will it still power my HDMI switch box which has a USB port?

Someone must know?

piggy
04-12-2007, 16:53
try it it wont harm anything

Tezcatlipoca
10-01-2008, 21:52
Well, based on using my Sky HD box's USB port to power a Joytech HDMI switch, it *will* power it, but *only* when the box is turned on & not in standby.

STB in standby... no power to the switch.

I gave up, & swapped to using the power adapter that came with the switch box.

geebeeone
11-01-2008, 06:45
Well, based on using my Sky HD box's USB port to power a Joytech HDMI switch, it *will* power it, but *only* when the box is turned on & not in standby.

STB in standby... no power to the switch.

I gave up, & swapped to using the power adapter that came with the switch box.

Sorry to disagree, but I have just this minuite tried the switch with Sky in standby, and it worked perfectly.
Perhaps as my Sky box is brand new, it may be different to yours, but I can assure you that my switch works with Sky in stanby.

Graham M
11-01-2008, 08:09
Took you long enough didn't it? :)

geebeeone
11-01-2008, 08:25
Took you long enough didn't it? :)

Yup,
Just read his post.
I tried to do it in milliseconds, but had to go downstairs to try it!:dunce:

Tezcatlipoca
11-01-2008, 20:38
Sorry to disagree, but I have just this minuite tried the switch with Sky in standby, and it worked perfectly.
Perhaps as my Sky box is brand new, it may be different to yours, but I can assure you that my switch works with Sky in stanby.

Hmm, bit odd.

The only time my box provides power over USB when in standby is if the box is recording something. Otherwise, it has to be fully turned on for the USB port to provide power.

Straying from the actual topic a bit, what make HDMI switch box do you have? Is it the Joytech Tri-Link one? Ever had any problems with it?

geebeeone
12-01-2008, 05:55
Hi,
I have the Joytech HDMI TRILINK switcher.
The box has .....For Playstation 3..... on it.
I have not had any problem with the switcher at all, but if memory serves me, once, I had to turn the sky box on and off a couple of times for the switch to work.
But it was only on one occasion, so perhaps the Sky box is the trouble for some.
The Sky HD box does have a reputation for problems.