PDA

View Full Version : BB Installation Not Completed? my experience so far

spacewalker359
02-12-2007, 17:16
Hi

i didnt want to thread jack so have started a new one.

well this installation is for my aunt and its been on going for over a month now since the new install.

she's had the phone/tv/BB package installed back last week of October. VirginMedia unfortunalty spelt her first name and surname incorrectly, this took over 2 weeks to sort out.

now i've been trying to use the install CD to verify the PIN and surname to complete the BB install, this keeps coming back with an error 203 i've also tried the auto register webpage but that comes back and tells me the BB order hasnt been completed,

i've contacted customer services they assure me that its been completed althougth i rang again today to be told that i need to speak with sales dept?? they then informed me to speak with techincal support

i cant contact BB technical support on the 0906 number as it wont ring out from her telephone line, i've spoken with customer services and been told to ring an 0800 which i've discovered is no longer connected.

so am at a loss at the moment? feels like am being passed from pillar to post, please can someone shed some light??

thanks in advance

monkey2468
02-12-2007, 17:23
I would say you need to speak to sales and ask them to generate a new pin, with the correct spelling of the names.

AlanJ
03-12-2007, 18:13
Hi mate, the Install CD's never work. Your best off setting your email's etc.. Through virginmedia.com (customer zone). Hope this helps

spacewalker359
04-12-2007, 19:19
thanks for your replys,

i did ring VM and they said that the MAC address hadnt been assigned and registered , in less then 10 mins this was done over the phone and problem sorted.

i must thank the very helpful chap on the phone who was very apologetic and very helpful, i also think he has a very difficult job to do, dealing with all these queries which shouldnt be happening in the first place and bearing the brunt of customer fustrations.

however no company is immune from such problems, but i do think senior management need to do a review if they are to continue to keep their customer base.

thanks again.