PDA

View Full Version : Autographs

grabbi
30-11-2007, 04:48
Anyone ever tried buying from reputable online agencies for Autographs, or even tried the Addresses given out on some sites?

Thinking about getting into collecting these, and framing and all that.

Mainly because Im too lazy to wait to meet them.

I mean, Ive met a couple of famous people.

Brad Friedel, Roque Santa Cruz, Tugay... (Sure. They are footballers, but hey!)

Most High Profile person Ive met is Jimmy Carr. Nice geezer!

Halcyon
30-11-2007, 18:26
If you go on their official sites or fan sites there are normally addressses you can write to or by digging around on the net you can find who their agent is.

Remember to include a self addressed stamped envelope as otherwise you'l not always get something back.

I have a couple. Mostly dance DJ's, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Solarstone, Max Graham, John 00 Flemming.

Chorlton
01-12-2007, 04:15
Both of my daughters collect autographs, usually when they attend conventions etc., but my youngest one joined some online group or forum or suchlike and paid a small sum (about a tenner for three months I think but I could be wrong). For that she got lots of addresses of stars all over the world, also who is currently signing as some stars go through a phase where they will/won't. She then wrote to them enclosing a stamped addressed envelope or international reply voucher and a photo and has had quite a few good signatures. The key seems to be to write an interesting letter - it helps if you know which of their films/song/perfomances they themselves liked and can mention them.
Hope that helps.

---------- Post added at 03:15 ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 ----------

Don't always go on about what they are doing at the moment, quite often they like to be remembered for something they're proud of.

Alien
02-12-2007, 21:09
I have a couple. Mostly dance DJ's, DJ Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, Solarstone, Max Graham, John 00 Flemming.
O/T: Do you listen to DI.fm (http://www.di.fm/trance/)? They play some not-bad stuff on there; AVB has has own regular spot every Thursday evening [either 7 or 8pm, I forget].

The only downside to DI is the adverts on the free/lower bitrate service. As DI is based in the US the adverts tend to be more annoying than you'd get on British radio/TV. Thankfully, there's not as many ad breaks as there are on some US TV channels.

Halcyon
02-12-2007, 21:28
I sometimes listen to DI.fm, but I dont listen much anymore.
I do tune in to the anjunabeats show though, which you can listen again at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.anjunabeats.com/v5/welcome.php

Alien
03-12-2007, 06:14
I sometimes listen to DI.fm, but I dont listen much anymore.
I do tune in to the anjunabeats show though, which you can listen again at the bottom of the page here:
http://www.anjunabeats.com/v5/welcome.php
Yeah, I've caught that a few times; DI's what I normally have on as "background noise", unless a tune I really like comes on, in which case I have been known to crank the volume up a bit. Some of that music makes a good accompaniment for a work-out, but I prefer to use locally stored tunes rather then a radio feed, to avoid the adverts & to have full control over the playlist.

Russ
03-12-2007, 08:55
Getting back on topic, a good idea is to get an autograph book and send it recorded delivery to your local breakfast show radio presenterwhen they get celebrity guests in and asking them to sign it. It helps to try and become a 'regular caller' type first. We used to have people doing that all the time on the Wave and I thought it was an original idea.

PeteTheMusicGuy
03-12-2007, 11:50
I have got quite a few autographs most of them I've went and got myself. What i've found that the best thing is not to treat them as celebs but as just another person.

A mate of mine met Darren Hayes (Former lead singer of Savage Garden) In chicago a few weeks ago and she was showing him photos of her recent trip here and he signed the back of one of them for her. :)

Somone else I know has a guitar signed by U2 (wish I had one of those ;))

Mr_love_monkey
03-12-2007, 12:41
A mate of mine met Darren Hayes (Former lead singer of Savage Garden) In chicago a few weeks ago and she was showing him photos of her recent trip here and he signed the back of one of them for her. :)

He was probably just glad someone recognised him :)

Hom3r
03-12-2007, 14:35
I've got Glenn Hoddle, Dennis Taylor, Tom O'Conner, Dad tried to get Charlie Drakes but was told to F*** off.

budwieser
03-12-2007, 18:48
I`ve got the songsheet to " Always look on the bright side of life" signed by the Monty Python stars! :):D

Halcyon
03-12-2007, 19:30
I have to admit to being a big fan of the hi-tech crime show BUGS when it was on TV and have all the casts autographs.
It was like Spooks but in the 90's.

kryogenik
03-12-2007, 21:32
He was probably just glad someone recognised him :)

:LOL:

grabbi
04-12-2007, 05:33
I mean, football ones are probably the easiest.

Send a pic, SAE to the stadium and a little letter and your away.

Not too sure about foreign clubs, though.

I hear Barcelona are bad at giving out PR sigs, instead of Real players sigs, but then when you have your major celebs, in America, mainly, shipping them off can be a real bugger.

Ive written me letter, and made an envelope for the SAE to go into (the picture is A4, as was the SAE, so my envelope had to be bigger).

All I have to do is send it off. Ill wait til this time next year for a reply! hehe

Might try a few other people.

Big Wrestling fan, and many of them are working as Insurance Salesmen or Gym Instructors etc, so they are easy to get hold of.

Hopefully, when I get a bit older, then I will have a catalogue of legends, something to look through.

alferret
04-12-2007, 19:26
Does anyone want mine before I become famous? Going cheap at the moment but in the near future it could be worth a fortune :D