PDA

View Full Version : Rent Guarantor form !

Mike
29-11-2007, 09:07
Hi all

I am just about to rent a house and it has been suggested I get the tenants to find some one to act as a guarantor for them ( in case of rent non payment or damage)

I have a tenancy agreement which is standard but can not find a standard guarantor form.

Does anyone have any ideas on were I could maybe down load one from or have any suggestion on the wording.

Many thanks for your time

Mike

Graham M
29-11-2007, 09:09
Surely your legal advisor/solicitor would be the best one to ask about these sorts of things?

Mr_love_monkey
29-11-2007, 09:11
or your letting agent..... you do have a letting agent, don't you?

Aragorn
29-11-2007, 09:22
If you are doing it yourself, I would recommend joining the Residential Landlords Association (http://www.rla.org.uk/) (RLA). The RLA has a forum and a selection of 'standard forms' that you can use, probably including a guarantor form. I've never joined myself as I had an agent to do the work when I was letting, but there's no reason you can't DIY - just don't assume it will be an easy ride!

papa smurf
30-11-2007, 21:36
i can't see why any one would want to act as a guarantor ,unless your renting to minors and want mumy and dady to pay the bills,in which case just rent to adults .

Maggy
30-11-2007, 22:48
i can't see why any one would want to act as a guarantor ,unless your renting to minors and want mumy and dady to pay the bills,in which case just rent to adults .

Well it just covers for anyone doing a moonlit flit.I'm a guarantor to my daughter.It means I'm liable to pay for any damage or unpaid rents she leaves behind her.No form,no letting.

Though I wouldn't do it for anyone else except my son.