PDA

View Full Version : Hav VM ever been on Watchdog???

cablesnail
28-11-2007, 21:07
just wondered...i know there was a report in October regarding their pay per view cable TV....
there are just so many dissatisfied customers in here I thought maybe some adverse publicity on TV would encourage VM to actually do something.

my latest story regarding 1mb downloads on a 20mb speed..well..i wrote a letter complaining on 14th Oct, got a standard acknowledgement letter on 23rd Oct and a phone call on Sunday 4th Nov...sounds almost efficient doesn't it? errr not quite ..the phone call from the Customer Concern dept. followed these lines...

so you're not happy with your BB speed

No

i'll pass it on to our broadband technicians or similar

Ok

can we treat this complaint as closed now?

errr well its not resolved is it???

No, but you can always contact us again to complain?????????????

i suspect the helpful gentleman i spoke to has indeed marked my complaint as resolved and not surprisingly I have heard no more since then...

i really would leave VM..but everyone says ADSL (via phone line???) is crap
im 4000m from the exchange so bt reckon i'd get 3mb, Be say 1.5mb and others just don't say anything other than the dreaded "upto..whatever"

its like they're teasing us with fast speeds in the day and then laughing at us at night knowing we have no real alternative when at some distance from the nearest Bt exchange

damn and blast it all!!!!
;)

so if we set up a thread where people could just put their average evening speeds and 1st half of their postcode we could contact Watchdog and tell them to look at that particular thread to see no.s of customers affected and extent of poor speeds on 20mb

am i just being silly thinking this could make a difference???

Arthurgray50@blu
28-11-2007, 21:51
VM were on Watchdog, a couple of months ago concerning a phone bill scam, but this was quickly dealt with by High Management.:o:

Rone
29-11-2007, 08:41
VM were on Watchdog, a couple of months ago concerning a phone bill scam, but this was quickly dealt with by High Management.:o:

Did the complainant meet with a nasty "accident" by any chance when you say "dealt with it". :D

Paul
29-11-2007, 08:53
VM (ntl) have been on watchdog a number of times (as I expect have most large companies over the years).

Web-Junkie
30-11-2007, 00:06
The question should have been:

"When was the LAST TIME VM were on watchdog!"

grabbi
30-11-2007, 00:30
hehe...

I think they have been on about the Internet too.

I think they will be on early next year also... ;)