PDA

View Full Version : Potential new Virgin Customer question

margie60
26-11-2007, 20:51
Hello, please can someone advise me, we have a induction loop hearing system installed into our digibox at the moment, the connection is made (I think) via the two audio bayonet sockets (red and white), it works brilliantly.

We want to change to Virgin Media cable digital but the sales people keep telling us that there digital system is not compatible with such a hearing loop setup/system, we have been told this now 3 times by 3 different sales people, surely this cannot be the case.

Can anybody point me to a site that shows the rear of a Virgin media cable digital box, so I can see for myself, because I don't believe they are correct,
a photograph or some accurate advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks margie60

Hom3r
26-11-2007, 21:04
Hello, please can someone advise me, we have a induction loop hearing system installed into our digibox at the moment, the connection is made (I think) via the two audio bayonet sockets (red and white), it works brilliantly.

We want to change to Virgin Media cable digital but the sales people keep telling us that there digital system is not compatible with such a hearing loop setup/system, we have been told this now 3 times by 3 different sales people, surely this cannot be the case.

Can anybody point me to a site that shows the rear of a Virgin media cable digital box, so I can see for myself, because I don't believe they are correct,
a photograph or some accurate advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks margie60

:welcome: to the forum

The connection sound like the standard RCA audio connector, so I cannot see why not.

Somebody will be along soon and help you out.

Gary L
26-11-2007, 21:06
:Somebody will be along soon and help you out.

This way love, mind the step!

:)

r00t
26-11-2007, 21:23
I can have this checked out tomorrow Margie, unless someone more in the know posts here before me.

joglynne
27-11-2007, 00:21
Here (http://www.virginmediainfo.co.uk/TVDrive/TVDrive_Back2.jpg) is a picture of the rear of a V+ to be going on with.

There are audio in/out which I would previously have tried to used to connect my husbands' loop system. Fortunately he now has 2 new digital hearing aids and would rather not listen through the loop as he feels it isolates him.

I am sure we have linked up to our Samsung STB in the past but I could be mistaken, it could just have been linked to the TV. If no body comes up with a definitive answer for you by tomorrow I will dig out John's induction link box and try it out on the V+ and Samsung V box.

piggy
27-11-2007, 08:35
if you need rca phono sockets they are only on the early pace stbs.....having said that you can purchase a scart lead with the phono connectors on so any stb would do with a bit of work ;)

r00t
27-11-2007, 08:43
Just asked, from what I have just been told. This would only be available on the older pace 4000 set top box. You could request this box should you wish to sign to VM.
Good luck :)

joglynne
27-11-2007, 08:54
Download Failed (1)
The Pace box. That was our first STB so that was probably the box we used to connect to.

I have got some extra scart bits and pieces so I will still have a play around with our current set up and see if I can get the loop functioning.

joglynne
27-11-2007, 15:30
I now have the tidiest garage on earth! Why is the thing you are looking for in the last place you look? I eventually found John's Echo box in the cupboard under the stairs.

Our unit is relatively old with only an audio lead option maybe newer models have a scart option built in? We currently have a Samsung 2100c stb which I have tried out and got the loop working by connecting the Echo's audio plugs with an audio to scart cable attached to the Samsung's 2nd scart socket.

As far as the V+ is concerned ours is connected to the TV by DVI/HDMI. I tried using the Echo's audio leads in to the DVI audio sockets on the V+ but this only produced the sound of static. Using the scart cable out of the V+ to the audio in on the Echo again produced static. Presumably this is to be expected as the scart output is disabled by the use of HDMI.

I am loath to reduce the V+ output to scart to see if I could utilise the second scart socket on the V+ but will do so if any body thinks It may work.

What I finally did was connect the Echo directly to the TV audio out which worked. I had equal success connecting by audio/scart. If margie60 has either of these sockets on her TV it may be the simplest way forward.

Have to go now as I can hear John asking if he can take the loop from around his neck yet. Ah, bless him, he has the patience of a saint. :D.

margie60
27-11-2007, 17:43
Thanks so much for your very helpful response, we seem more confident now that the loop system will connect one way or another, but isn't it a bit of a pain that we can't get any info from the Virgin resources re a picture or details regarding the hearing aids situation

Best Regards

Margie60