PDA

View Full Version : slow download speeds and dropping signal

blaupunkt
26-11-2007, 13:22
Hi does anyone know if there are problems or work being carried out in NG19 area of the network, ive not had any problems for as long as i can remember, great download speeds and no connection drops.

on thursday morning i noticed that i was not connected to net and the lights were flashing as it seemed to be trying to connect, by the time i got home from work it had reconnected but my download speeds where slow, between 1mb and 3mb, im on the 10mb connection and as i said id been getting the full 10mb some times more!

now every morning since thrusday i notice that my modem is not connected and when it finally does my download speeds are much much slower.

below are my signal levels (which i dont understand) if anyone wants to check them.

Type : Ambit ETH/USB Combo Cable Modem
Cable modem : Ambit Cable Modem
MAC address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IP address : xxxxxxxxxxx
Downstream Receive Power Level : 5.87 dBmv
Downstream SNR : 34.37 dB
Upstream Transmit Power Level : 43.00 dBmv

any ideas, help would be great.

ECW_Original
26-11-2007, 13:23
Well your downstream power level is quite high, Id call TS and let them get an engineer out to ya! oh, and they should also refund the cost of the call too!

iTekweni
26-11-2007, 20:28
I had no broadband over the weekend here in WA5 and today an engineer was to call but as they found a problem in the area without informing me the visit was cancelled, I only found this out after querying the problems in the area now mys speeds are the worst I have ever had would this have anything to do with it.
Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 0
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 11.4 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 37.5 dB

cheers
iTekweni

SapperGB
26-11-2007, 20:54
20 mins ago from the support NG's

R.E. WA5

This issue is still being investigated by our network department, and as yet
we do not have any further information regarding this issue. A network
engineer has been dispatched so the issue should be rectified shortly.

iTekweni
26-11-2007, 21:03
Thanks for the update